Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437116 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Try to remember where I could have experienced that feeling. Maintain dust form. Wait and watch.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim ignores the feeling and continues to watch.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Was that... the ship feeling kinship with the altered? That could be... Gorat forces himself to stop the worrisome thought, and instead tries to determine whether this feeling was inherent in the memory, or whether this is something the ship feels now.

Try to determine whether that wave of emotion is inherent to the memory. Observe the other going-ons.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep moving on. With extreme care and attention.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:24:36 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"well, that was close" "too close for comfort, yes" "so now what?" "I recommend a completely new course of action" "oh?" "It's rather radical, it involves being slightly more...low profile and less...less you." "so no more rushing forward without thinking?" "quite"

Keep moving with Milo, be vewwy vewwy quiet

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The hard memory halts. And everyone in it remembers rather suddenly that not only were those blobs chasing milno and Pancaek, but that they had also seen the rest of the team enter the memory.  The memory begins to melt like an oil painting on fire and stabbing black masses tear through it randomly, like someone firing black i-beams out if a cannon.

Milno and Pancaek, in the mean time, manage to make their way back to the hard memory and observe several blobs huddled around it, probing it curiously with their tendrils.

"That can't be good."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim exits the hard memory and disguises as a blob.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:27:11 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Evasion is not an option; they'll check all of this memory and they know how we look like. Now, we could try to morph, but chances are that they'll see it and it'd be for nothing good. Guess I probably should have morphed back then after entering the memory.
No time. They won't stop looking until they find their prey.

Force exit. Evade, dodge and escape the blobs.
Audibly hum something appropriate as I do the above.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:50:30 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((I bet the ship's going to have a big headache. Just put yourself in it's place if you had to mess with your own memories to sort out the intruders. I am torn (as always) between wanting you to succeed (and learning all the secrets) and having this fail horribly as it seems to be going.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Dodge those attacks, but also remain in the memory. Consider how the blobs might be distinguishing memory from intruder.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((The ship probably already has a headache, it's stuck in a cognitive loop.
And I don't want to tell you what to do, so I'll simply say that working together is the best thing for your survival and hope you understand.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((ER is like those games with many different death scenes. You want to beat the game, but you also kinda wanna kill your dude just to see how he bites it this time.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

((Has anyone tried disguising as one of the black blobs?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Valid idea.))

"Materializing anything offensive could either work or fail in several manners." Milno ponders. "Our team is so very fucked."

((Far from my best shape (physical or mental) so the action may come later. Otherwise, placeholder:))
At first, attempt to create the mental equivalent of the old trick of tossing a rock to call their attention, just now using a rock that could call their attention more effectively, such as causing a small smale explosion or anything of the like.

Afterwards and if the first option doesn't work too well, try to use mental power to create a very loud and fast copy of Jim, such as a self-propelled dummy, and make it move past and close the blobs to call their attention.

If it works to some degree, send more similar decoys.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((That second one was something I was hoping to work towards, too, with my action, provided we can do that.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 243