Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430985 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Now I feel like I should have posted this earlier. First of all, I have no idea what you guys are doing here, Piecewise told you to go to the ship's thread.

Second, I've posted your inventory and stats several hours ago, so you didn't actually need to research them. Lol.))
((Decided to answer this question:))
>Not a lot to say here, really. I assume you got debriefed by someone in charge over there. Or maybe not. I'm not really sure what to pay you though, since I'm not sure what happened over there. Anyone care to clue me in?
((In the same thread it was made. Also, I'm currently using a computer with an outdated browser incapable of supporting google docs. Lol.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((I took as "Here's a question, now answer it in another thread."

And thats not lol. That's just horrible. Sorry.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And thats not lol. That's just horrible. Sorry.))
((No problem. It's a temporary arrangement.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Stretching his back, Maurice smiled as broadly as he could, apparently happy to be able to once again.
And we wouldn't have gone through it without the leadership of Jim and Milno, the selfless courage of one and the cautious rationality of the other. Oh, and originally it was Gorat's theory which we settled on and which turned out so true.
And Pancaek gave us all inspiration.
Maurice smiled warmly to him, finishing his own report.
((Awww, we made it just in time. I am finally leaving for the service the day after tomorrow. Thank you all, guys!))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Stretching his back, Maurice smiled as broadly as he could, apparently happy to be able to once again.
And we wouldn't have gone through it without the leadership of Jim and Milno, the selfless courage of one and the cautious rationality of the other. Oh, and originally it was Gorat's theory which we settled on and which turned out so true.
And Pancaek gave us all inspiration.
Maurice smiled warmly to him, finishing his own report.
((Awww, we made it just in time. I am finally leaving for the service the day after tomorrow. Thank you all, guys!))
(got the level ups. Have a...good? Safe? Tolerable? time in the military. We'll look after your meaty bits for the time being. Or should I say the doctor will. God speed, brave Maurice.)

(You with us jim?)

(Sorry, due to weather and irl stuff I've been extremely busy and/or without reliable internet since early Friday. ^^^; Uh, leveling... according to my own records Jim should be:
STR: 3 (+1 Prosthesis)
DEX: 5 (+1/3rd, +1 Prosthesis)
END: 3 (+1 Prosthesis)
CHA: 8 (+1/3rd, -1 Class.)
INT: 5 (+1/3rd)
WIL: 20 (+1 1/3rd)

CON: 2 (+1 Prosthesis)
UNC: 2
EXO: 8 (+2/3rd, +1 Class)
AUX: 1
MED: 1
HAN: 0 (-1)
INT: 6 (+2/3rd)
SPC: 0 (-1, -1 Class)
So give me 5 in Willpower and one each in ExoWep, Handiwork, and Speech.)

Jim shrugged. He'd just let Milno handle the debriefing.
No problem, just making sure you're still alive. The HMRC still has need for your particular brand of violent murder.

((Cheers, we were not turned into tang. Looking back, I think it's interesting how our discussion and exchange of ideas actually managed to change opinions: at first most of the group wanted to delete the "Keyboard" memory, but then the votes shifted to the "Burning World" one... Oh shit. I just noticed something.

@Paris: Could we see that quicktopic now that the mission is over?))

"The ghostship tried to fuck us over with black blobs. Several times. We spent a lot of time escaping everything. I'd say Maurice and Gorat did well." Milno said, rubbing the points where the nerve nodes used to go into his right arm.

>Ah, is that so. Well then. Lets say standard 5 for you three and  7 for maurice and Gorat. Any further questions?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"Tons, I'm sure. But if we can't find the answers to those online, you wouldn't tell us either, I suspect. Jim, can we talk in a bit?"

With that, Gorat walks off to the On-ship thread.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"None about the mission." Milno answers Steve before standing up and walking out of the briefing room without further remarks. Anything he wanted to talk about with the other people who had been by his side in the mission could wait for a while.

((Now on to the On-Ship thread. Ooohoo.))
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll just bump this so everyone knows where the mission 10 thread is.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

and I, so that I know when the post comes in <.<
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The Stasis pods reopen not in the comfortable confines of the ship but in the interior of the shuttle. And rather then the clean, sterile walls of the ship, there are strange faces staring back at them. They're masks, that much is immediately obvious, full face masks with exaggeratedly tall foreheads and androgynous but slightly feminine aspects. Their eyes are long, black, thin slits, their noses are sharp sharp and their mouths are black lipped and formed into sly half-grins. The masks are brightly colored and each detailed with a repeating, tiled pattern that covers the area from just above their eyes, all the way up their tall, vaguely rectangular foreheads, as though they're wearing a head scarf.

The masks sit a top bodies cloaked in all obscuring black outfits; loose black longshirts and pants, each decorated with gold fringe. Under that, you can see a something shiny and segmented; like silver fish scales. Armor, no doubt. The only weapon you can see on them is a thin, almost needle like blade on their hip and the handle of a smaller blade poking out of the folds of their shirt.

The strange men are tapping on the stasis pods with metal tipped gloves, their heads turned inquisitively to the side.

The pods open on their own and out the team spills, into an oppressive, humid, tropical heat. The masked men scatter hopping backwards with their hands tight on their blades. As the team pulls themselves up, coughing up stasis fluid and shaking off the numbness from days of sleep, another man steps forward, parting the crowd of masked men. He's dressed in red and purple, his skin a very pale tan, his eyes solid black and his hair coiled into tight, ornate rolls and then pulled back into a crown of sorts using a spiked golden hair ornament.  He holds his hands in front of him and wears an expression of complete serenity.

"Are you the men sent to protect the Radiant One?" he asks with just a hint of an accent. 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

As Stacy gets up and starts to perform a very slow, serene belly dance, he replies to the man.

"Yes, presumably. The Radiant One is the ruler of this planet, right? Need to check beforehand."

Askety ask. Put on MKII suit if available together with equipment. If not available, just keep dancing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:25:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

cough up the last of the stasis fluid, then
EDITED IN LINE: Retrieve my clothing and put it on in whatever form of privacy I can reasonably locate inside the shuttle, afterwards
lean against the pod I came out of and look from side to side, followed by looking down at the floor near me, my breathing mildly accelerated. clasp my hands behind my back after I think I'm done coughing.
back away if any of the natives approach within six feet of me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:46:38 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Test out new cameyes and cameye modes on one of the masked men.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Xan gets up, focusing on the most forward of the masked men.
Yes, we are here to protect the flesh puppet you call king.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We are the 11th Regiment of the H.M.R.C. Conscripted Special Forces. I am High Commissioner May Elizas Roxine, taking charge of Diplomatic Relations for my posse. It is an honor to be greeted by those before me."

Introduce myself and the group. Give a cute little curtsey at the end.

Xan gets up, focusing on the most forward of the masked men.
Yes, we are here to protect the flesh puppet you call king.

Hearing Xan makes this statement, May follows it up with "Please forgive Rearguard Sergeant Xan Jujubutt over here. He's a fine soldier, but his wife and children have recently been captured by space pirates, and it is quite hard on his psyche. So attribute any negativity of his speech as haberdashery on account of his PTSD."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 243