Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436944 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Let's say the poor boy heard it wrong. Which would make sense given how May's speaking it. :P))

"Well the colony I lived in valued history. And I had plenty of time to study that.

"A bit too much- still. Saw demise is some kind of past form of seeing demise. I have no idea how history comes here. If you mean so-do-mize, it pertains to an ancient city back on Earth which practiced..abominable customs in regard with social relations. People were depraved, and lustful. They did not heed the word of good men, or messengers. And they did not respect guests or treat them with the due respect they deserved.

"And then Sodom--for that is the name of the city where the word comes from--was destroyed because of their actions. Rebellion, purging, or lava, I'm unsure of the consequence,"
Yes you are, it all happened wh- "basically, it's a bad thing which involves the wrong use of procreation."

Feyri moved over to Grate and bent down at his level, ruffling his hair. "Don't think much about it kiddo. May was just describing someone, by the looks of it."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Charles Leroux = Feyri Nirel
I'm rather concerned about Grate, a warzone's no place for an eleven-year old, especially when exposed to the more "eccentric" HMRC members and being expected to suppress a potential uprising. Any ideas on keeping him away from the line of fire?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:14:52 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Charles Lerouxl
Hey Charles! :D

I didn' know your last name was Lerouxl. Anyway, yeah. I agree. That's why I'm..hopefully sticking with my plan I said earlier--breaking the team up into mini squads. Grate is with me; our aim is diplomacy and investigation on the lower castes. Something which I bet he'll love and would also be useful in. Improvisation.

I will not see him harmed. Him and the other woman (whose name I am unsure to disclose..but you can see it on her suit), too.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oops, misplaced the "l" in "Nirel" somehow.))
Very well, that should keep those two safe and thankfully, far away from May. Hopefully the lower castes won't be too terrified by the presence of HMRC units.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Renen gets up and puts his equipament on while thinking: So, you are the security, uh...It may be a very good job they are doing to call us.

Get suited and ready. Ignore May or anyone claiming to be the 'teamleader'

Hey Steve, why are these guys inside the shuttle?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((Now that I think about it, both Thrak and Lars would have fun with this.  I'm sure getting into a religious debate with these folks wouldn't cause any problems at all.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charles puts on his MkII suit and if he can, equips his weapon and ammunition.
"We are here for crowd control and psychological warfare purposes, correct? I can assure you that we are the "right" people for the job" Charles gestures towards May "I used to be a psychiatrist. In all my years of experiences, I have never seen anyone afflicted with such a severe mental disorder as she has, so please pardon her, well, psychotic ramblings."
Formerly ingrained procedure resurfaced instinctively into Charles. Charles tries to make a good first impression.

"I'm pretty sure snorting 20 ounces of X-Cocaine and then railing on for hours about how everyone is in on the bovine conspiracy doesn't qualify you to be a psychiatrist." May turns back to the masked men. "Yeah, they've been through a lot. Try to be easy on them, all right?"

Make final (hopefully) introduction declaration before suiting up properly.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Now that I think about it, both Thrak and Lars would have fun with this.  I'm sure getting into a religious debate with these folks wouldn't cause any problems at all.))
((Aw man, I'd totally want to see this.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

((If you want I can try to found a death cult.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((If you want I can try to found a death cult.))
((I suspect this would end less amusingly than having Lars on the job.

Worse goes without saying.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I believe anything I say regarding to peace would fall on deaf ears on a few of you >_>))

Make final (hopefully) introduction declaration before suiting up properly.
((Uh. Before?!))

Very well, that should keep those two safe and thankfully, far away from May. Hopefully the lower castes won't be too terrified by the presence of HMRC units.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Squad Message
Don't try to interfere with the religion of this place. I know this won't stop most of you, so at least try to get a reasonable argument if you do, anyway.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

upon hearing the message notification beep
Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Squad Message
Don't try to interfere with the religion of this place. I know this won't stop most of you, so at least try to get a reasonable argument if you do, anyway.
Read the message, then go back to what I'm doing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"I'm not too sure myself, it was definitely an ancient text, it had something to do with smiting and may have mentioned cannibalism as well. Something about eating flesh and drinking blood. But then again, the planet I lived on didn't really value history that much so I could be wrong."
"Miss Feyri's not a cannibal, either!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"We do only have her word for it, though. You never know with the nice ones. Particularly since she seems to know an awful lot about this cannibal doctrine. And when she tells you to not think about things, that's when you know you gotta be real careful."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:41:50 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

"We do only have her word for it, though. You never know with the nice ones. Particularly since she seems to know an awful lot about this cannibal doctrine. And when she tells you to not think about things, that's when you know you gotta be real careful."
Take a deep breath, then make eye contact with the dancing man, eyebrows lowered. Walk over in front of him and maintain eye contact.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 243