Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436977 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(( Oh intuition rolls, why do you fail so hard? ))

Continue to ignore nonsense. Take cover if barracks explodes.

Examine the scout eye for hidden features

((You read about Raptor Pope? Mission 2, I believe.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((I have a question: Is the Raptor Pope reptilian?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get dressed. Put the uniform. Go look around within the limits allowed.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Thank you for being patient with an old, forgetful man, dear messenger. You are certainly a credit to your profession. If only more people were as helpful. But now, I must bid you- ooh, ooh, wait - I would ask one more question, if I may - I would like to have a private room, if possible. And some rope - not sophisticated, mind you, just some regular stuff."

Compliment and thank kind messenger, then ask for a private room and rope, going through the necessary motions to obtain the latter if needed.
"What, may I ask, do you intend to do with such curious things?" The Messenger asks in return, steepling his fingers. "Nothing destructive, I hope."

"Kitten!"
Call over to the servant I was trying to get to tell me her name earlier.
"What are these things, and do you have a stick I could poke it with?"
The servant comes over to you and picks up the uniform with a rather confused expression.
"What things?" She asks, knitting her brow in a rather motherly fashion as she looks at grate's terrified expression.

With the amp, of course!
Set their uniforms on fire - they obviously don't want them if they aren't wearing them.

[exo:4+1]
The uniform that the Servant-the one dubbed Kitten by grate- is holding bursts into flames. The servant screams and drops the clothing, backing away from the unexplained fire. Luckily the wood floor seems to be coated in something, plastic or lacquer of some sort, so it doesn't catch fire immediately. But it's probably a poor idea to just leave it burning like that.

Slowly, without touching the buttons, put the uniform on. estimate the drain rate. remove it immediately if the rate reaches dangerous levels or I become tired.
Using Morse code, tap the top button in a pattern to say "do you understand this?"
if I get no response, repeat with the next button down, and so on. if I get no response from any of them of any kind, check the uniform for other sense organs.

The Creature has just burst into flames.

This is the end of days.

You shrivel into a corner and weep quietly.

((27% of our squad is now convinced those clothes are vile parasites.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel to Faith Valentine
Right, that's a good plan. However if-when it comes down to downright rioting, I'd at least want a covert squad to get to the basics on why they're doing that.

I don't like how this seems too straightforward. Besides, the concept of a god-king reminds me eerily of what I've learned in ancient earth history. Not good for us.

..Just my intuition.

Quote from: Message from Faith to Feyri
I suspect direct infiltration will be difficult or impossible. I agree we should ascertain their exact motivations if possible.

I doubt it will be straightforward. Recall that we are attempting to control a very large number of people, and that most of our squad is underequipped and inexperienced. I suspect we will have to be creative indeed if we hope to accomplish our mission without incident.

As for the rest, do remember that we have only just now arrived. It would be imprudent to make assumptions before we've even been briefed on the situation.

"What would you like to do? We can arrange for many things; what would be your desire?"
"Do you have anything electronic? Perhaps a game of strategy?"

Video games or Go.

((27% of our squad is now convinced those clothes are vile parasites.))
Doesn't it just make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

"There are electronic games. Yes. I believe they are down near the common room. In the room to the right, when you come down the stairs." She says, before noticing the fire and becoming rather quiet.

...Seems to be dormant for now, Shouldn't be a threat yet.
Charles sets up the video feed as well as the turret and firing control systems of his weapon. He sets each of them to be accessible to all other nearby HMRC units.
You finish setting up your rifle when the clothing parasite explodes into flames. Huh. Perhaps someone is performing a long distance exorcism?

(( Oh intuition rolls, why do you fail so hard? ))

Continue to ignore nonsense. Take cover if barracks explodes.

Examine the scout eye for hidden features

Well, there's a cover on the bottom of the scout eye that looks suspicious, like it's hiding goodies.

Get dressed. Put the uniform. Go look around within the limits allowed.
You get dressed and head down to the common room and then out into the area around the building. There are dozens of buildings spread out across the gentle decline of the hill toward the outer wall, and none of them with any indication of what they are. Do you want to just start walking or do you have something you're looking for. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((I'm impressed you managed to ignite the uniform without igniting the servant.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Well, I was planning to experiment with what may be an interesting device and its potential effects on people - I think it wise to isolate and restrain any subjects in that case, no?"

As Stacy twirls around on his toes, he pauses.

"Although that gives me another idea! Do you have any expendable prisoners or detainees I could experiment with? If my device works, it will be rather useful in riot control, I'm sure."

Explain! If a room is given (plus rope or prisoners, preferably), be glad.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Ooo, I like goodies. :P ))

"Do I smell fire? Oh well, hopefully that won't end poorly."

Remove the bottom panel! Use appropriate tools if necessary. A hammer is not an appropriate tool.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Thank you," Faith said before turning to the fire.

Someone was testing their amps, it seemed.

"Who did this?" Faith asked loudly, striding over to the burning pile and wondering how to put it out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'm impressed you managed to ignite the uniform without igniting the servant.))
((Me too, but more for the self-control that must have required for him.))

"That thing that just burst into flames! What is it?"
Slightly panicky childish question of -1 Intuition!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Sit still in my corner, knees pulled up against my chest, arms holding my knees, and stare at the burning uniform for several seconds. then shake my head several times, stand up, and walk over behind  Feyri. Tug on her elbow once.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps burning a potentially idiosyncratic uniform was a bit of an overkill..."
"Okay, I've set up my rifle. You should all now be able to access the scope's view feed now and if required, fire the weapon remotely via your wrist-pads. If I should attach the turret module, you should be able to aim it as well."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:33:41 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Sit back, relax, ignore other team members and watch the fire.
Sopretty
Get out of building if it starts spreading.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sit back, relax, ignore other team members and watch the fire.
Sopretty
Get out of building if it starts spreading.

"Hey, are you going to help us put this out Xan?"

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Meanie!
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 243