Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 426691 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Ah, so it's not boiled internal organs but rather sudden violent explosions that bother you? Hm, fair enough. Though I still think that looking like legitimate authorities rather than idiot foreigners on a reign of terror/interstellar road trip that nobody is likely to take seriously without mass murder happening is more important. And mass murder is something we're not really shooting for, is it? It's merely a thing that might happen."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:08:38 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps, in that case I should stay and use my turret to remotely guard the gate. Nobody seems to ever question the authority of gun emplacements after all... Wait. Wouldn't our radiator fins set our uniforms on fire?"
((Thanks for reminding me of the radiator fins Paris.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:16:49 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((An obvious question that nobody has asked: won't the clothing obstruct your suit's radiator fins, thus either setting the cloth on fire or boiling the user alive?
And I think you're forgetting some important things, some things you should know when patrolling in a strange and unknown world.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((An obvious question that nobody has asked: won't the clothing obstruct your suit's radiator fins, thus either setting the cloth on fire or boiling the user alive?
And I think you're forgetting something important, some things you should know when patrolling in a strange and unknown world?))
((Good point.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I think you're forgetting some important things, some things you should know when patrolling in a strange and unknown world.))

((Probably not - after all, the clothing is meant to fit over our suits. This does mean they know what our suits are like.

As for the important things, is it not talking to strangers? Not accepting gifts from strangers?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Probably not - after all, the clothing is meant to fit over our suits. This does mean they know what our suits are like.

As for the important things, is it not talking to strangers? Not accepting gifts from strangers?))
((Hadn't thought of this, actually. They probably do have holes in the back or something, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yeah, I assumed that either there were holes for the fins, or that the fins burned their own holes and possibly that anyone who didn't consider this is now wearing a burning uniform. Either way :P ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Yeah, I assumed that either there were holes for the fins, or that the fins burned their own holes and possibly that anyone who didn't consider this is now wearing a burning uniform. Either way :P ))
((That would explain why we were given uniforms. After all, flaming psychos outrank everyone.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can take guard duty near the main gate. In case of invasion, my sword kills will be more useful there.

Say that.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"It sounds like we're set up to go into town, we've got two people at the gate and three patrolling inside. Now we just need to figure out how to shift duties."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it's been suggested by our local friend to keep the medics inside, so I should probably be rotated to barracks duty.

There's also the question of when we get some rest. Conceivably, we could just have a dedicated market patrol, at least until things start to go south. Go in for the 10 hour patrol, come back and sleep for 6, then go back out and repeat. Then it becomes a question of when to relieve the gate guards.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

Flaming psychos outrank everyone.
((Sigged.))
As for the important things, is it not talking to strangers? Not accepting gifts from strangers?
((To refine my question, if you were going to do battle or go undercover in a foreign country, what would be the things you absolutely must know about?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((There is certainly the problem of language, which I've already come into contact with. I'll try to resolve that matter soon enough.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"I knew there was some catch to that notion.

"Messenger, sir. Is wearing any mask or concealment of the face objectionable to any caste? Is it perfectly normal for 'us scum' to be using such?"

Quickask.
"Masks are generally used by Law enforcement and soldiers. As you saw earlier."

"Also, messenger, how are we to detain people of a lower caste if it should prove necessary? What of people of equal standing? Can we detain the higher ones as well? Like, for instance, we see or suspect a higher caste member of causing trouble, can we remove him or her from their location under the pretense of, say, ensuring their safety in these troubled times? I know that this theoretically prove necessary, but just in case, you know?"

Ask quickly!
"Detain them via whatever means you see necessary and bring them back to the palace. We'll hold them here; there's a prison near the wall. In cases of those of equal standing or higher, do nothing; bring the matter to me and I will see that it is handled through the proper channels. Attempting to lay your hands on a higher caste would be...unwise. Potentially fatal. "

"Oh, it's no problem, Grate. You probably wouldn't be able to help me, anyway - the testing needed requires one to spray people in the face with a chemical sprayer, which, while fun, is probably not what you're best at, am I right?"

Stacy thinks as he twirls about.

"Can you use any weapons, Grate? I mean, are you skilled in the use of any particular weapon?"
((Um...where is my character sheet?))

Flamethrowers? No no no. Far too short ranged.

"No fire. Fire bad."
"Yeah! Don't be a moron!" Grate grabs a bottle of Xeno Spit from Stacy and throws it at Xan.
((https://www.dropbox.com/s/n35zk9tot00u9h7/idiots%20in%20space.txt))
[dex:4]
[str:2-1]
You proceed to grab a bottle from Stacy and, in the midst of your windup, smash the bottle over the back of your own head.
[end:4-1]
You shrink down into a ball, holding the back of your head. The helmet helped, but it still hurt.

(...You know things are bad when May is a voice of reason. >.>)
((Truly, I vanish for a few days and everything goes all Twilight Zone.))

"Certainly," Faith answered the guide, following him. "Would you like me to wear a uniform as well?"

Follow guide.
"Yes, You all should." he says as you walk up next to him. "One moment, if you please, it seems they still might have more to ask."

He turns and whispers to you, "Are they always like this?"

I can take guard duty near the main gate. In case of invasion, my sword kills will be more useful there.

Say that.
You say that. Not sure anyone hears you what with small children breaking bottles over their own heads, nutcases threatening to burn people live and May recommending caution-the first seal is broken, the end times cometh- but you say it none the less.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

"I would assume the law enforcers of your worlds wear uniforms as well?"
shake my head horizontally three times.
I should have bolded that
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 243