Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436936 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: IT BEGINS
« Reply #1245 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:28 pm »

((Only now I am beginning to understand how lucky we were to have Miyamoto with us. And now both missions are missing their leader. Actually, the entire anomaly mission was strangely very organized, especially at the beginning. Huh.

And about intuition rolls, I do just want to point out that this is far from the only time they caused problems. There was Mission 2 Space Pope, etc, intuition led to the tampering with the "Puddle" controlls during Mission 3, and it's just people very often take intuitions as a: "Oh, I have a plan on what to do, but I hope to gain a little more knowledge beforehand about this thing," when in reality it is "You have a change to gain slightly more information, but just as likely to be mislead and/or do something really harmfull and stupid.

PS: Also, remember guys when we had an OOC thread that we used for OOC and that wasn't just a Ship Thread? Because I forget. And I feel like this post belongs there more than here. But I can't delete it. But then I look back on an entire page of OOC and shrug.

To GreatWyrm: That too, but there is more to that. I, for example, realized way too late that my action to "Analyze" that Black Thing could have easily resulted in my death on a roll of 1. It's not funny when you die. At least when you die due to an easily avoidable "Analyze" action.))
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:35:20 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 17, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

((If by "be mislead and/or do something really harmfull (sic) and stupid" you mean "get jokes, amusing actions, and probably do something that could get said actions mentioned in the thread title," then yes.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 17, 2013, 07:37:43 pm »

...well, do that again and I burn you. Next one, then.

Walk up to the nearest alive person.

WO IST DER MARKT?
(( Stop May? I'm not sure stopping May is possible, at least not without changing her target of these 1-6 combos XD ))

Welp, first blood May, guys. Faith, you want me to try and bring them back, or just not make it worse?

"...It was an accident. I didn't put points into Intuition, I didn't want to, okay? Let's see how you guys roll. Now that would be problematic. And Xan, don't think you're the only one here with magic fire powers, Missy."

Go off to locate the market again. This time with smarts. You know, Intelligence and Logic and all that good ole' buttfuck.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 17, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »

((I am worst bust leader >.>

I WILL POST HERE. SOON. LATER. MORE THAN MAYBE :I))
((Don't worry, May has that covered))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »

A double-tap suicide... why do I get the feeling you'd left less of a mess if you'd used your manipulator?

Renen, I'm going to bring this corpse to the infirmary, watch the gate.

Pick up the corpse and gun, head back to the infirmary and drop it off, leave the gun at the barracks on my way back.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »

PS: Also, remember guys when we had an OOC thread that we used for OOC and that wasn't just a Ship Thread? Because I forget. And I feel like this post belongs there more than here. But I can't delete it. But then I look back on an entire page of OOC and shrug.

((Technically, it's always been the on ship thread.))

A double-tap suicide... why do I get the feeling you'd left less of a mess if you'd used your manipulator?

((Oh man, that didn't even occur to me at first.  Nice.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 17, 2013, 09:15:03 pm »

... Well, poo.

Onward to paperwork, then.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 17, 2013, 11:37:06 pm »

((Technically, it's always been the on ship thread.))

(Not to dogpile, but this. We never had a pure OOC thread.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 18, 2013, 12:25:08 am »

((Just out of curiosity I did some statistical math.

Right now, Einsteinian Roulette (all 3 threads) compose 4.160934% of all post in the Forum Games & Roleplay section.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 18, 2013, 12:39:48 am »

Right now, Einsteinian Roulette (all 3 threads) compose 4.160934% of all post in the Forum Games & Roleplay section.))

((Considering that probably most of the 3905 topics are either over or dead, if one were to attempt to classify our percentage of active games, it would probably be quite a bit higher.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 18, 2013, 01:02:19 am »

((Considering that probably most of the 3905 topics are either over or dead, if one were to attempt to classify our percentage of active games, it would probably be quite a bit higher.))
((Considering that:
1: A lot of those games are of the "No GM just chaos," and "Rate the avatar of the person above you" variety. And also that
2: There are plenty of forums with types of games similar to ER, which are not Bay12,
that statistic is irrelevant.

Also, it belongs in the ship thread. ::)

And I know that we never had a pure OOC Thread. I'm just saying that there was a time when discussions about what was happening on a mission went in the Ship Thread, not here. Maybe.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 18, 2013, 01:10:41 am »

((Well I knew that, but the statistic is still a statistic, nothing more, nothing less.

It was at least partially relevant to the previous statements.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 18, 2013, 07:52:02 am »

((Don't worry, it's...wait, you are what?))
((The t key is so close to the y key.

I typed that at 3am.

Yeah..proves my professionalism. I'm one of the worst leaders there is-wait, let me IC this. Because I've a good reason for it.

Because that post makes me look like an idiot. Yay!))

((Don't worry, May has that covered))
((You will die next.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 18, 2013, 08:09:12 am »

((I love hilarious tyops.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 18, 2013, 08:45:23 am »

((I actually believe May is the leader in the bust department.

BUST A CAP IN HIM))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 243