Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431458 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1650 on: August 13, 2013, 07:33:32 am »

(( You posted late today. :P ))
Also, YAY! I qualify as semi-reasonable! ))

((In comparison, I think that makes you practically a diplomat.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1651 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:53 am »

Gonna let this continue to fill for a day, since my late post yesterday sort of threw it off sync and practically no one has had the chance to post.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 13, 2013, 09:29:09 am »

"OUR JOB IS DONE. DINNER TIME."

Wrap up patrol duty, head back to base.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:39 am »

((Now normally I try not to offer advice to missions I'm not in, but I think May has a very sensible suggestion here.

Now I'll be right back, because I have to go catch that pig that flew past my window.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 13, 2013, 12:03:33 pm »

Charles uses his rifle's scope to examine each of the men at the gate.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 13, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »

((In comparison, I think that makes you practically a diplomat.))

(( A diplomat with -1 to speech in a situation where PW has cleverly forced us to make speech checks to communicate.

We're doomed. ))

(( Well done, one might say. Possibly even a bit charred. ))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 13, 2013, 04:47:08 pm »

walk over to one of the backpack-wearers that isn't currently adjacent to another HMRC member, and clasp my hands in front of me. make eye contact. maintain eye contact.

after three seconds, rapidly reach out with my right hand and grab his backpack. significantly tilt my head to my right. continue to maintain eye contact. after a quarter second raise my left hand in front of my chest, and extend my left index finger upwards. after one second, tilt my left hand to point my left index finger at the backpack-wearer. after one second, shift my hand slightly sideways to point at the backpack he is wearing. continue to maintain eye contact. after two seconds, sharply move my left hand from in front of my chest to my left side and fully extended, index finger still extended such that it is now pointing at the ground.

continue to maintain eye contact.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 13, 2013, 09:13:19 pm »

"Okay, so, what do you guys think - when we get back, do we try to come up with a good reason why this whole thing happened, plead ignorance or tell the cruel truth?"

Keep on hobbling back to base. Patrolling probably wouldn't do much good with the state we're in, particularly since the market district seems pretty screwed.

Also stacy still has a fucking Nuke. Dancy pants has a nuke.

A nuke.
((This nuke is a ticking time bomb. We really shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of caring for it. It's exchausting to keep worrying that it blows up.

We should just blow it up, and that way Stacy won't have a nuke. Problem solved!))

((Luckily, there should be the perfect riot to use it on soon enough!))
What do you mean? Of course it wasn't us, whoever did this terrible act must've been some terrible person who is against The Radiant One!
He he he

Go back to base, since any likely criminals have probably been killed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1658 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:31 pm »

Ugh, this isn't getting anywhere... Barracks, does anyone know where the messenger is? I think at this point we should just pass things up the chain, starting with these 5. Hmm...
Hey barracks, two questions. 1) Do the girls back there know this language everyone's speaking? and 2) are they willing to leave the barracks? We could really use a proper translator down here.

Make plaintive gestures at the men, then point at the barracks and indicate that they should head there

You make your gestures, pointing and eventually sort of shoving them away toward the barracks. They come with you, though they do keep yelling and looking distraught. One falls behind when that mute dwarf starts grabbing at him. You decide to keep going, for the best of the herd.

Charles uses his rifle's scope to examine each of the men at the gate.
You keep an eye on the men as they walk away from your firing zone and toward the barracks. They look fairly normal; brown clothing and packs, faces tanned and weathered from out door work, skinny but still strong looking. They don't look like conspirators to you, but then again, you guess that would be the point.

walk over to one of the backpack-wearers that isn't currently adjacent to another HMRC member, and clasp my hands in front of me. make eye contact. maintain eye contact.

after three seconds, rapidly reach out with my right hand and grab his backpack. significantly tilt my head to my right. continue to maintain eye contact. after a quarter second raise my left hand in front of my chest, and extend my left index finger upwards. after one second, tilt my left hand to point my left index finger at the backpack-wearer. after one second, shift my hand slightly sideways to point at the backpack he is wearing. continue to maintain eye contact. after two seconds, sharply move my left hand from in front of my chest to my left side and fully extended, index finger still extended such that it is now pointing at the ground.

continue to maintain eye contact.

You grab one of the men, separating him from the pack as you proceed to make a complex series of gestures, grabbing him, pointing at the bag, at the ground, around in front of you and at the ground. He just stares at you with a wide, blank expression, apparently wondering if hes been ordered to give you his bag or steal second base.

"Okay, so, what do you guys think - when we get back, do we try to come up with a good reason why this whole thing happened, plead ignorance or tell the cruel truth?"

Keep on hobbling back to base. Patrolling probably wouldn't do much good with the state we're in, particularly since the market district seems pretty screwed.

A nuke.
((This nuke is a ticking time bomb. We really shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of caring for it. It's exchausting to keep worrying that it blows up.

We should just blow it up, and that way Stacy won't have a nuke. Problem solved!))

A nuke.

What do you mean? Of course it wasn't us, whoever did this terrible act must've been some terrible person who is against The Radiant One!
He he he

Go back to base, since any likely criminals have probably been killed.

Team Freakshow bids a hasty, hobbling retreat away from the scene of their mass murder. By the time they reach the palace steps the fires in the market have begun to spread to near by buildings. From a distance they can see the firelit specks of people trying to quell the flames, but they don't seem to be doing a very good job at it. The way it's going, the whole town will be on fire before sun up.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 14, 2013, 03:53:54 pm »

He he he

"So, lie, but only kind of, then? Very well. I shall play your game, my friend. A dangerous game it is, but I shall play it nonetheless! Now, where should I put you?"

Deposit Xan in a location of his choosing, then go take a bath or shower to get all the ash off my suit and uniform. If there is one, that is - otherwise just wash up at any old water source. Gotta look proper.

Before that, though, take a look at the books I got. Were they deposited inside the suit's spacious apocalypse-proof luggage compartment or are they also ash?

As Stacy danced along on his business, he wondered if he could get his spoons back from that guy with the books.

Nah, he'll probably need 'em. They will sing to him in this world and the next, carrying him off to a better place on their spoony wings.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:58:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »

Charles radios the rest of the team "Should I retrieve my turret or leave it in it's emplacement for now?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 14, 2013, 08:04:05 pm »

(( Well done, one might say. Possibly even a bit charred. ))

((I'd say it's a bit more Pittsburgh rare. Completely charred on the outside, when not even touched on the inside.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 14, 2013, 09:35:05 pm »

((I miss the most hilarious things when I'm drooling on myself.))

Faith snapped back to reality at the explosion. Oh, she knew exactly who was responsible for that.

"This is Faith," she said calmly over the comms to everyone. "Who was that?

Also, we are now in damage control mode. All units are to attempt to assist the firefighting efforts in any way they can. If that means carrying buckets like a common mule, so be it."

"Steve," she added, "Any advice?"

Figure out who's still in the compound and who's not. Ask Steve for advice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 14, 2013, 09:45:28 pm »

Also, we are now in damage control mode. All units are to attempt to assist the firefighting efforts in any way they can. If that means carrying buckets like a common mule, so be it."
((The best way to assist fire control is to use an amp to freeze everything. Right? Right?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 14, 2013, 10:03:08 pm »

Go inside the palace and get some dinner food. See if I can get request Revolver bullets from an armory or something of the sort.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 243