Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 426680 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1665 on: August 14, 2013, 10:25:04 pm »

Also, we are now in damage control mode. All units are to attempt to assist the firefighting efforts in any way they can. If that means carrying buckets like a common mule, so be it."
((The best way to assist fire control is to use an amp to freeze everything. Right? Right?))
((It likely is, but I'm not sure how many of us know about that feature.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 14, 2013, 10:52:17 pm »

What do you mean? Of course it wasn't us, whoever did this terrible act must've been some terrible person who is against The Radiant One!
He he he

"So, lie, but only kind of, then? Very well. I shall play your game, my friend. A dangerous game it is, but I shall play it nonetheless! Now, where should I put you?"

Deposit Xan in a location of his choosing, then go take a bath or shower to get all the ash off my suit and uniform. If there is one, that is - otherwise just wash up at any old water source. Gotta look proper.

Before that, though, take a look at the books I got. Were they deposited inside the suit's spacious apocalypse-proof luggage compartment or are they also ash?

As Stacy danced along on his business, he wondered if he could get his spoons back from that guy with the books.

Nah, he'll probably need 'em. They will sing to him in this world and the next, carrying him off to a better place on their spoony wings.
Where were we staying? Deposit me in that medical camp next to the bedroom I didn't burn down.

Also, we are now in damage control mode. All units are to attempt to assist the firefighting efforts in any way they can. If that means carrying buckets like a common mule, so be it."
((The best way to assist fire control is to use an amp to freeze everything. Right? Right?))
((I knew, but I had no use for it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 14, 2013, 10:57:47 pm »

((Actually, that was sarcasm on my part. Freeze + Overshoot = many frozen people = even worse PR. And then you can use a nuke to unfreeze people. :P
Alternatively, Overshoot = Little Sun.

Which is why I want you to try that.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:27:44 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 14, 2013, 11:21:06 pm »

Sigh, shake my head twice, then limply wave my left hand from the man to the barracks (and the rest of the men) repeatedly and with an open palm, the back of my hand towards the man. then once he figures out he should rejoin his group assume a guard position at the gatehouse and wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1669 on: August 14, 2013, 11:32:15 pm »

There is no problem caused by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person that cannot be fixed by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 15, 2013, 03:12:23 am »

There is no problem caused by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person that cannot be fixed by highly unstable experimental space magic being wielded by a crazy person.
((Sigged.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 15, 2013, 05:36:00 am »

Charles radios the rest of the team "Should I retrieve my turret or leave it in it's emplacement for now?"
I'd leave it, where else would you put it? Follow faith's orders and help the town, leave the turret there unless you think you'll need it elsewhere. Just keep an eye on it's cameras so the gate isn't completely unwatched.

To Faith: The explosion? Likely the patrol, though I don't know which amp-user did it. I'm heading in with a suspicious herd from the gate, though judging by them not having shot or bolted  yet, I'm pretty sure it's just a misunderstanding. I'll be out to help with the fire as soon as they're processed.

Get my herd to the barracks, ask one of the girls if they can help me translate and ask the herd to show us what's in their bags.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:38:24 am by Kriellya »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 15, 2013, 06:23:33 am »

"Miss Feyri? What should I do? Miss Faith's voice told me to help as much as I could."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 15, 2013, 08:11:47 am »

Give up. Remember how to read. Just keep watching the situation and reading the book about assassinations. Let Skylar deal with the men. Send a message to Steve.

Quote from: to Steve
Hey, don't we have any kind of translation program in the suits? Or one we can download? Because it would be much easier that way.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1674 on: August 15, 2013, 06:33:54 pm »

What do you mean? Of course it wasn't us, whoever did this terrible act must've been some terrible person who is against The Radiant One!
He he he

"So, lie, but only kind of, then? Very well. I shall play your game, my friend. A dangerous game it is, but I shall play it nonetheless! Now, where should I put you?"

Deposit Xan in a location of his choosing, then go take a bath or shower to get all the ash off my suit and uniform. If there is one, that is - otherwise just wash up at any old water source. Gotta look proper.

Before that, though, take a look at the books I got. Were they deposited inside the suit's spacious apocalypse-proof luggage compartment or are they also ash?

As Stacy danced along on his business, he wondered if he could get his spoons back from that guy with the books.

Nah, he'll probably need 'em. They will sing to him in this world and the next, carrying him off to a better place on their spoony wings.
Where were we staying? Deposit me in that medical camp next to the bedroom I didn't burn down.

((I knew, but I had no use for it.))
He he he

You dump Xan over by the door to the infirmary and go wandering to the barracks. You find a shower and wash off the ash, which includes the burnt books.

((I miss the most hilarious things when I'm drooling on myself.))

Faith snapped back to reality at the explosion. Oh, she knew exactly who was responsible for that.

"This is Faith," she said calmly over the comms to everyone. "Who was that?

"Steve," she added, "Any advice?"

Figure out who's still in the compound and who's not. Ask Steve for advice.

>Everyone is currently in the compound. As per suggestions, I would suggest being ready for action. I doubt the fires will be able to be controlled. And when the populace finally realizes their situation- hungry, without homes, next to a palace- they won't stay passive for long. It may be in your best interest to find the Messenger.

Go inside the palace and get some dinner food. See if I can get request Revolver bullets from an armory or something of the sort.
Well, you find some food with the help of one of the girls upstairs, but finding revolver ammunition is something you're having more trouble with. Turns out no one around here knows anything about where to get ammo for your very specific, antique gun.

Sigh, shake my head twice, then limply wave my left hand from the man to the barracks (and the rest of the men) repeatedly and with an open palm, the back of my hand towards the man. then once he figures out he should rejoin his group assume a guard position at the gatehouse and wait.
You release your catch and it runs to join up with the rest of the pack.

Charles radios the rest of the team "Should I retrieve my turret or leave it in it's emplacement for now?"
I'd leave it, where else would you put it? Follow faith's orders and help the town, leave the turret there unless you think you'll need it elsewhere. Just keep an eye on it's cameras so the gate isn't completely unwatched.

To Faith: The explosion? Likely the patrol, though I don't know which amp-user did it. I'm heading in with a suspicious herd from the gate, though judging by them not having shot or bolted  yet, I'm pretty sure it's just a misunderstanding. I'll be out to help with the fire as soon as they're processed.

Get my herd to the barracks, ask one of the girls if they can help me translate and ask the herd to show us what's in their bags.
You bring the group of very confused men up to the barracks. They're a bit stunned by the topless women but after a bit of conversation you manage to get a dialog going.

The men are workers at the bakery where Charles is set up. They say the bags are full of supplies, which a quick look confirms. It's either flour, cocaine or a hell of a lot of powdered explosive. Is that even a thing?

Give up. Remember how to read. Just keep watching the situation and reading the book about assassinations. Let Skylar deal with the men. Send a message to Steve.

Quote from: to Steve
Hey, don't we have any kind of translation program in the suits? Or one we can download? Because it would be much easier that way.

>Why not find a local translator? I could translate but my databanks aren't exactly exhaustive when it comes to backwater dialects.

As you talk, standing near the gate, you notice something happening down in the township. The fire is burning rather out of control, which you expected. What you didn't expect to see is the little stream of glowing lights, marching slowly up the main street and toward the palace stairs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 15, 2013, 06:40:16 pm »

Go to infirmary. Request foot fixing.
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 15, 2013, 06:53:25 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Feyri
Help needed at Gatehouse
check gatehouse for ways to lock it up, and for ways to overlook it. if the former is found, position myself next to wherever you lock it up from, if not, but the latter is found, then position myself at the overlook position. if neither is found, assume a rough approximation of the "at ease" military posture, and observe the approaching light sources.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 15, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »

((I'm a bad leader and argh self-hate >__>))

Help needed at Gatehouse

"Miss Feyri? What should I do? Miss Faith's voice told me to help as much as I could."
"Well, we can add this room as one less suspect, to the gatehouse, now?"

Head to the gatehouse.

((I'm sorry Grate, Lyra..and everyone else <__<))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 15, 2013, 07:49:13 pm »

See if I can get a complimentary Rifle from the Military/Guard dudes.

Open faceplate. Observe the beautiful setting of the town while eating food.

Quote from: May->Ambiguously Gay Stacy & His Sidekick Xan A.K.A. Dickless Nicholas A.K.A. Stumpy Steven A.K.A. Charlie Cuntboy A.K.A. Earl the Eunuch
So, what exactly happened with you guys? I was chasing a man and then there was an explosion around where you two were staying.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:18 pm »

((I'm a bad leader and argh self-hate >__>))

Help needed at Gatehouse

"Well, we can add this room as one less suspect, to the gatehouse, now?"

Head to the gatehouse.

((I'm sorry Grate, Lyra..and everyone else <__<))
((Hey, s'all right. Even I didn't suspect me fucking the situation up as badly as I did.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 243