Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430778 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #1695 on: August 16, 2013, 01:45:40 pm »

Okay guys, I don't know what happened there. I don't want to know it either, but you see, the supposed rebellion that we are here to stop is not so "supposed" anymore because of the burning houses. So please, could our leaders order something around and get everyone ready to fight NOW.

Say that to everyone through the radio. Enter the palace and close the door after the team gets inside. Get ready to fight there.
I'd like a notice of what everyone is DOING RIGHT NOW, AND WHAT THEY DID IN THE RECENT HOURS.

PRIORITY GOES TO MAY AND XAN.

I don't feel good or in the happiest emotional state to make a clear or concise action, but: "Try to explain to Grate what may be happening" seems like the best part.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 16, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »

((I hope you feel better soon.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: August 16, 2013, 04:10:23 pm »

((I agree. We stop discussing this tangent and the cause being 'this happened in history so it's morally sound'. Thanks.))
When did anyone say it was morally sound?
((Pretty much.))

((By the way, you know what would be a "funny" way to deal with the rebellion?
Offer the topless women to the people. They will rape them, and then hopefully disperse.
And this is actually not a rape joke. That's actually happened in history, with the Bible, book of Prophets being the prime example. Just something to consider. Except that so many people will probably be offended by it, that it's probably not really practical on this forum.))
((I firmly oppose any horrible action whose justification includes the Bible.))
((...For that matter, in general I believe that if you need to bring religious texts into a debate about a non-theological matter, you've lost.))
((Eh, I do feel like I need to reply to this.

The Bible is an interesting document. It includes a lot of interesting things. Even taking religion aside, I still find it to contain a tonn of novel, ingenious, and plain weird ideas. The fact that a great amount of very smart people studied, interpreted, and commented on it, only increases up it's value as a treasure of human nature, morals, and insight into an ancient, and not so ancient cultures. So when I bring it up, it is no different than a fan of Star Wars bringing his favorite Obi-Wan quote to relate to the situation. Except for the whole "multiple interpretations" thing. But I feel that people on this forum are adult enough to get over it.

As for a debate, what debate are you talking about? There isn't one. At least I don't see it.

On a different note, I pretty much feel that the entire purpose of Grate is to take Feyri completely out of action. Did anyone else notice that if before, Feyri tended to be forgetfull and not accomplish a whole lot, now she cannot even manage that, spending all her time on Grate.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: August 16, 2013, 04:14:15 pm »

((Okay, I'll admit that was poorly worded. The point I was trying to make applies about as well to Star Wars, actually.
...I just can't figure out a good way to say it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1699 on: August 16, 2013, 04:16:56 pm »

Computer died

posting difficult

Will update when able.
Just in case somebody didn't check the other thread

On the plus side it's a chance for Tiruin and Irony to catch up.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:19:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: August 16, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »

I'd like a notice of what everyone is DOING RIGHT NOW, AND WHAT THEY DID IN THE RECENT HOURS.

Quote from: To All
I was on guard duty with Renen, after dark we stopped some suspicious characters approaching. After some... incompetence we got them to the barracks and checked out. I just finished clearing them, they should be headed back to the bakery near the gate where we are storing an auto-turret. And Charles. Mostly an auto-turret. While we were stopping them, something in the town exploded. I'm (hopefully) going to be heading with Faith to the Messenger, then back to gate duty or fire control for the rest of the night.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: August 16, 2013, 04:38:52 pm »

Computer died

posting difficult

Will update when able.
Just in case somebody didn't check the other thread

On the plus side it's a chance for Tiruin and Irony to catch up.
((...That sucks. Except for Irony catching up.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: TROJAN MAN
« Reply #1702 on: August 16, 2013, 04:43:45 pm »

Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: All
Unidentified men showed up at the gate. They had large suspicious backpacks. A detonation occurred somewhere, source unknown but likely HMRC. I'm retrieving my turret right now from the bakery.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: August 16, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

Quote from: From: Xan To: Feyri(?)
I was patrolling when half my foot got shot off by an unknown assailant. I attempted to capture the assailant, but my amp triggered. You saw the results.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 16, 2013, 09:02:32 pm »

((At least this was you don't have to look for the rebels.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 16, 2013, 09:37:31 pm »

((Yet))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 16, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »

((Yet))
((Depends on how well amp usage goes. If they use amps.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 16, 2013, 11:17:19 pm »

((Yet))

((I think he meant you drew them out.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1708 on: August 17, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

Go to infirmary. Request foot fixing.
The people at the infirmary don't quite know what to make of you; your entire leg is basically charcoal. They do the only thing they really can do for you; they break the burnt chunk off and bandage up the stump before giving you a crutch.

Quote from: Lyra to Feyri
Help needed at Gatehouse
check gatehouse for ways to lock it up, and for ways to overlook it. if the former is found, position myself next to wherever you lock it up from, if not, but the latter is found, then position myself at the overlook position. if neither is found, assume a rough approximation of the "at ease" military posture, and observe the approaching light sources.

A quick inspection of the gate leads you to a powerful motor and wench system hidden in the wall near by. It seems like this is the way to close the door. You make ready to use it.

((I'm a bad leader and argh self-hate >__>))

Quote from: Lyra to Feyri
Help needed at Gatehouse

"Miss Feyri? What should I do? Miss Faith's voice told me to help as much as I could."
"Well, we can add this room as one less suspect, to the gatehouse, now?"

Head to the gatehouse.

((I'm sorry Grate, Lyra..and everyone else <__<))
You join lyra at the gate, specifically at the motor that closes the gate.

See if I can get a complimentary Rifle from the Military/Guard dudes.

Open faceplate. Observe the beautiful setting of the town while eating food.

Quote from: May->Ambiguously Gay Stacy & His Sidekick Xan A.K.A. Dickless Nicholas A.K.A. Stumpy Steven A.K.A. Charlie Cuntboy A.K.A. Earl the Eunuch
So, what exactly happened with you guys? I was chasing a man and then there was an explosion around where you two were staying.

The few guns you can find at the barracks are strange things; ornate salvo rifles with caseless ammunition.

You open your faceplate and watch the town burn as you eat a light lunch. This would go great with some fiddle music.

(( I love how we've basically ruined what could have been days of patrols. After all is said and done, I'd love to know how many resource you made that we just lit up in smoke, PW :P ))

Awesome. Charles, the guys that were coming in were headed for the place you're holed up in and seem to be harmless bakers. I'm sending them back, keep an eye out for them.

Faith, we should send someone to the Messenger, whether we can control this or not he needs to be informed... Though perhaps our more skilled amp users could bring it under control if they move now? And finally...

Skylar turns to face the women/slave/thing that helped translate.

Could you put on a shirt or one of our uniforms and follow me? I'd like some help translating with anyone else we come across.

Apologize to the bakers for the inconvenience, and for our incompetence in not employing proper translation services to get this resolved sooner and send them on their way.

Find my (hopefully) newly recruited translator a shirt/uniform, head with Faith to the Messenger.

(I've come to expect nothing less. In fact, I sort of plan around it.)

You release your prisoners and, after getting her a shirt, take the girl with you as you head down stairs and meet up with Faith.

Stacy sings in the shower as he cleans off all the ash. Despite this rather unfortunate twist, he felt that the day had concluded acceptably. Then again, he could say the same about any day he managed to escape alive.

"Everything is catching, yes, everything is catching on fire!" he sings repeatedly as the ash comes off. Shame about the books, but what can you do. In a bit, he steps out, all nice and clean again. And shiny, not to mention squeaky.

Head back to the gate, survey the town. What's it look like - how much of it is on fire?

Somewhere along the way, he noticed a message. Ooh! He loved messages!

Quote from: May->Ambiguously Gay Stacy & His Sidekick Xan A.K.A. Dickless Nicholas A.K.A. Stumpy Steven A.K.A. Charlie Cuntboy A.K.A. Earl the Eunuch
So, what exactly happened with you guys? I was chasing a man and then there was an explosion around where you two were staying.

He thought a moment. How best to put this? Ah, there we go.

Quote from: Ambiguously Gay Stacy, Known Affiliate of the Notoriously Dickless -> Chief Officer of Public Peace May
Dear Chief Officer of Public Peace May,

Essentially, the facts of the matter are that our mutual friend Earl the Eunuch was most unfortunately shot in the foot by a deceptively harmless man with an illegal firearm in the alley from this point on known as Ground Zero, and Earl saw fit to enact retributive measures. Sadly, he missed most terribly, and the results are plain to see. Earl thinks terrorists may be to blame, and thus it is in our best interest to wage war upon them help control the disaster before the entire town burns.

Love,
Ambiguously Gay Stacy.

Send message.

You head outside, toweling your hair as you watch the town burn below you. It looks like the area burning has about doubled since you and Xan were there. Not great in terms of the local economy and state of living, but very very pretty.

It's either flour, cocaine or a hell of a lot of powdered explosive. Is that even a thing?
((Fun fact: Flour can pass for any of those except cocaine.))

((By the way, you know what would be a "funny" way to deal with the rebellion?
Offer the topless women to the people. They will rape them, and then hopefully disperse.
And this is actually not a rape joke. That's actually happened in history, with the Bible, book of Prophets being the prime example. Just something to consider. Except that so many people will probably be offended by it, that it's probably not really practical on this forum.))
((I firmly oppose any horrible action whose justification includes the Bible.))
((...For that matter, in general I believe that if you need to bring religious texts into a debate about a non-theological matter, you've lost.))

Follow Ms. Feyri. Remain unusually silent.
You tag along with Feyri, staying completely silent and hanging right behind her, practically stepping on her heels. You feel like something bad is happening; you can tell something is wrong.

Okay guys, I don't know what happened there. I don't want to know it either, but you see, the supposed rebellion that we are here to stop is not so "supposed" anymore because of the burning houses. So please, could our leaders order something around and get everyone ready to fight NOW.

Say that to everyone through the radio. Enter the palace and close the door after the team gets inside. Get ready to fight there.
You issue the order to close the gates and get back inside yourself. You stand near the gate and draw your monoatomic sword. This is the moment you've been waiting for; the moment when all the enhancements and training can be used. You twirl the blade idly and bide your time.

Charles goes to the bakery and takes his turret emplacement. He moves back to the palace and searches for somewhere safe and concealed with a good firing angle to deploy it.
Your bakery post is in the palace. Remember, the palace is a large, three leveled compound and the entire team is just in the first, outer most layer.

The stream of lights is at the bottom of the stairs now; still distant but more visible. A mob, a stream of tiny black shapes carrying torches. A good deal of them also seem to be carrying other things, but it's impossible to tell what from this distance. As they come from below, guards stream down from above, from the higher levels of the palace. The masked, black suited men who the team saw as they arrived, but this time there are hundreds of them. They are marching toward the gate in absolute silence.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:57 am »

Hide behind Ms. Feyri.

"What's going on, Miss Feyri?"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 243