Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430960 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1755 on: August 20, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:16:36 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 20, 2013, 01:43:18 pm »

Although it does beg a question of why HMRC allows us to use these things, if they don't expect this to happen every time.))

((In civilian areas, no less.  But they must be desperate to send the HMRC into a civilian area anyway.

Also, does this count as an off-label use for the nuke, or just a testament to the versatility of a simple nuclear device?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 20, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »

Although it does beg a question of why HMRC allows us to use these things, if they don't expect this to happen every time.))

((In civilian areas, no less.  But they must be desperate to send the HMRC into a civilian area anyway.

Also, does this count as an off-label use for the nuke, or just a testament to the versatility of a simple nuclear device?))
((I'd try to counteract it with my amp power again, but I like living.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 20, 2013, 01:44:56 pm »

STACY WE NEED YOUR NUKE WE NEED IT NOW

Have someone arm the nuke and chuck it into the cloud.
Get every person with a heat amp to help me create a shield around our party (which should group together) that will keep temperature normal inside it until the storm subsides.

work with the psychopathic pyromanic to help make sure none of us die. use my microwave amp if necessary.
EDIT:
Run, if I can't outrun this monstrosity, THEN go for the amp. try to stay near my running teammates and if I'm going to be amp-shielding, try to cover them too.
EDIT: Tiruin's post
RUN, if offered a speed boost from Feyri, take it. if I'm going to get caught by the freezewall of death, attempt to shield myself using my amp before it hits me. if others are next to me at the time, shield them too.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:27:57 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: August 20, 2013, 01:45:32 pm »

Join the group and add 'spontanious and catastrophic global cooling' to the list. Assist with Amps as needed.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:48:02 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 20, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »

((Aw, crap, I meant width. As in, the width of the stairs, not the entire length of them, which was presumably slightly less than half a mile. Silly me. Oh well, that'll learn me, anyhow.))

Stacy realized that he had absentmindedly added the wrong parameter to the calculations. Instead of a rather wonderful obstacle that would have kept all of this under control, he seems to have accidentally caused the twilight of the gods.

Oh well. What can you do. At least he wasn't an amp user. As he pirouettes away, he opens up radio communications.

"Hey, guys, funny thing just happened - I accidentally set one of the parameters for a temperature manipulation as the length of the stairs. You may want to run like hell, people!"

"Here you go, bud! Have fun!"

Pass the nuke to Xan if he's available, pass it to someone else of the team if he's not. Switch to uncontrollable singing and haul ass as far toward the other end (farthest away from the gate, contemplate whether a dive off the wall legs-first diametrically opposite the gate is likely to be lethal - if not, do it and keep rolling away even if my legs become broken) of the complex as possible.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:10:46 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 20, 2013, 01:47:19 pm »

Get every person with a heat amp to help me create a shield around our party (which should group together) that will keep temperature normal inside it until the storm subsides.

work with the psychopathic pyromanic to help make sure none of us die. use my microwave amp if necessary.
Essentially my plan is to make a bubble around the team that will keep temperature inside it normal.
Sig! Onol

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 20, 2013, 01:48:18 pm »

((Also, when Steve said that they outnumber our bullets, my first thought was: "Yes, they outnumber out bullets. But we have a nuke, and we also have amps and manipulators." Numbers don't really matter when you talk about manipulators, do they?))

Join the group and add 'spontanious and catastrophic global cooling' to the list.
((Yay for the soon to be resulting overshoots! Seriously, three amp users attempting to heat an area up, he he he. You're so screwed.))

((How do you plan to throw it? With your hands? Because I can tell you the nuke's blast radius is bigger than throwing distance.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 20, 2013, 01:48:50 pm »

Essentially my plan is to make a bubble around the team that will keep temperature inside it normal.
((yes, but you haven't said anything to Lyra about it. I'm doing the best I can at coordinating with you when you aren't communicating by giving a vague instruction.))

((oh, and my modifier is +1/3 on amp useage. thought you'd like to know.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 20, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

((Yeah, I'm going to try running like hell and see if I can possibly escape the immediate radius of the temperature drop and that the spacesuit protects me from sudden temperature drops.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:01 pm »

((Did we just generate an anti-kugelblitz?))
((Where is Charles's rifle?))
Charles runs away from the direction of the eldritch imitation of Ice-9.
He retrieves his rifle if he is able to safely access it in time.
If he can't, he just aims it at the expanding field and detonates it at near point-blank range.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:34:43 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 20, 2013, 01:53:24 pm »

Hnng. Need planning time.
Will put plan out later.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1767 on: August 20, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »

((Ten thousand years from now an HMRC ship (or more likely an alien ship) comes to this place to explore the strange negative energy anomaly and discover its cause. Hidden deep in the ice they find the frozen HMRC team and from their brains extract the secrets of amp and manipulator making. And thus the cycle of physics abuse begins anew...

Do you think Steve has some sort of directive to stop these sort of things from spreading? If so, he could be using his own weapons or manipulators against the thing soon.

And your suits do protect you from near absolute zero temperatures, but I don't think they protect you from eldritch ice9.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 20, 2013, 01:59:18 pm »

((Steve is probably too busy laughing.

You could just request a pickup- I'm sure you've put a stop to any subversive element (by killing all of them wholesale) and the survivors are too busy mourning/rebuilding/running like hell to do anything else.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 20, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

((How do you plan to throw it? With your hands? Because I can tell you the nuke's blast radius is bigger than throwing distance.))
((Perhaps a kinetic amp could propel it further...))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 243