Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436990 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2145 on: October 05, 2013, 11:07:19 am »

((I was planning on returning to Rasta and disabling, killing, or convincing him. Hence why I'm only bringing you, not Faith.

And you don't have a toolbox anymore, remember?))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:55:17 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2146 on: October 05, 2013, 12:22:52 pm »

((I confirmed with piecewise that Milno was able to receive that info.))

"Yeah, I know. It's that thing I forgot again, eh?" Milno answers, gesturing for Faith to follow and picking up his toolbox. "Sorry, man. Something that is kind of my duty, it kind of calls." he says humorously to Rasta O'malley before following Simus.

Excuse myself from the conversation after listening to the answer to the next question posed and begin to move to the top of the building, using maintenance routes.

((Also, I considered disabling Rasta somehow, but the "They won't see you as a threat as long as you maintain your cover." part made me think the risk to blow our cover might actually be higher rather than lower, specially because he isn't a direct threat and we still have to minimize casualties. What do you think?))
((I'd say that Milno is without radio, being in disguise as he is. Faith and me are our only comms with the Sword, I would think.

Also, the civvie mentioned that the higher-ups were worried if anything went wrong. How much would you bet that, as of our actions, the higher-up are dead?))

Simus, after Steve finishes giving new orders, taps Milno on the shoulder.

I need to speak with you. Without being overheard. Now.

Quote from: To: Steve
If we're going after an Urban Executor or Shadow Walker, then I at least want to know everything I can about them. Especially the Shadow Walker if it's packing nuclear arms.

Info on Blackships wouldn't hurt either, even if it's not our objective.

Have Milno follow me a ways away and around a corner from our prying eyes.
Milno and Simus go hide behind the nearest corner while their unwitting companion makes suggestive comments.

>They can change their faces and appearances easily. Shadow Walkers have some really advanced cloaking and camouflage tech. They often work as snipers and use their underlings to set up traps and ambushes. They're trained to deal with individuals or groups, so you can't swarm them. They're not armed for close range, beyond a mono-razor. The key is to find where they are, get in close and take them out. If you can't see anything from the roof; and I'm going to guess you won't, you'll probably need to head down and meet up with a group of civies near the sods. From there you can watch and see if there's anything suspicious going on.

This is the problem. Until they act in a way that's traceable, we're at a very great disadvantage. You can look around, but it's gonna be extremely hard to just find the bastard.

My guess is this: Once this started, the shadow walker begin repositioning himself to have a good line of sight on many places in the building and at the same time used the Urban executors in his command to start mounting an offensive. They've got radios like you're own. They're not effected by the shutdown. Thats why we've seen such a coordinated defense. The second they saw us not killing civies they started to use that. That bundle of men, the civies on shields...Who knows how many sods they actually have in their command right now.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: October 05, 2013, 01:18:13 pm »

-Redundant material removed-
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:37:24 am by PyroDesu »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:15 am »

((Pyro, Your turn is kind of redundant.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: October 07, 2013, 05:36:54 am »

((Pyro, Your turn is kind of redundant.))

((Thank you for noting, I didn't see that and was still working off the assumption Milno didn't get it.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: October 07, 2013, 07:58:00 am »

((And BFEL isn't the person who made the original rape comment. And backing something up by saying "It happened in the Bible!" is dumb. Lot giving the mob his daughters is hardly the worst thing in the "Good Book".))
((No shit, I mean from an objective standpoint that book portrays God as Hitler with superpowers. I have no idea why people willingly worship that. Just no fucking idea.

Also the joke was that I wasn't upset about the implied/suggested rape of my character, but that my characters name wasn't written in caps :P))

((Yay other people who think that if he exists, the christian God must be an evil dastard))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:42:18 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: October 07, 2013, 08:28:50 am »

((No shit, I mean from an objective standpoint that book portrays God as Hitler with superpowers. I have no idea why people willingly worship that. Just no fucking idea.
((Hitler didn't put a tree in Berlin that turned people into...some group Nazis hated and I'm unaware of which would be the least nonsensical to have turned into via fruit-based means...and then hire a great salesman to convince everyone to eat it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: October 07, 2013, 09:11:13 am »

(Sorry, is this not Einsteinian Roulette?  Did I make a wrong turn into a religious circle jerk thread?)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: October 07, 2013, 09:24:57 am »

((Yeah, let's not derail here.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2154 on: October 07, 2013, 09:30:41 am »

-Redundant material removed-
I believe you all need to still post a turn action...

(Sorry, is this not Einsteinian Roulette?  Did I make a wrong turn into a religious circle jerk thread?)
I dunno, is Lars around? I mean, if steve wasn't a genderless synthflesh, I'd probably be hard to keep lars off him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: October 07, 2013, 09:31:39 am »

((I just love how wrong people get details in the Bible and make it seem like it makes perfect sense to quote it as a support to their argument >_> Which means no, Thearpox. You have your context wrong.

wolfchild, please fix your wording so that it won't cause any offense <_<

Also, if anyone wants to invoke Godwin's Law on this thread, and probably go off on a loopy tangent of logic because Hitler, then do it somewhere else.

Anyway, go assault team! Fight the lack of tangible enemies!))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:37:29 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:03 am »

((Sorry. I had posted for us to begin moving towards the roof and forgot to re-post it after we were stopped for an exposition moment. That and my weekends seem to suck these days, specially when I'm dragged off to places.))

Milno uses his head to first point back at Rasta's general direction around the corner before shaking his head and nodding upwards, the meaning very clear: Leave the drunkard behind and let's get moving.

Follow Steve's orders and begin herding the group to the roof unless some objection is made.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:18 pm »

((I just love how wrong people get details in the Bible and make it seem like it makes perfect sense to quote it as a support to their argument >_> Which means no, Thearpox. You have your context wrong.
((He was referring to when Lot gave the mob his daughters instead of the angels, right?
In that situation, I would have informed the angels about the mob and pointed out that there would probably not be any good people in that mob and, if they agreed, give the mob the angels so they could get what they deserved.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »

Simus shakes her head, and mind-messages whatever form of communication Milno has:

Too risky. He knows that we are here, even if our cover, to him, isn't broken yet. If he tells anyone, even involuntarily, our cover is broken wide-open, since it'll place us here at the exact moment of the main communication shut-off, and they will know that section has the communications hub. At the least, we need to knock him out and seclude him, but blasting his brain would be a more reliable solution, leaving nothing to be read by anyone who would think to attempt so. But that would be a messy solution if we do it wrong.

Your decision, but we can't just leave him.

Object.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:54:57 pm by PyroDesu »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: October 07, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »

((He was referring to when Lot gave the mob his daughters instead of the angels, right?
In that situation, I would have informed the angels about the mob and pointed out that there would probably not be any good people in that mob and, if they agreed, give the mob the angels so they could get what they deserved.))
[Read the bloody context.]

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Simus
Hi there buddy! Long time no chat!

Anyway I just have to say this out as a clarification.

Anyone in your group that has been with you, physically, is to be trusted. Anyone out of your group - you should try to announce a trick query or something to ensure that said person knows who and what to completely answer.

Erm, like the different nations at war back in the ancient 18th or so century? They had pronunciation word codes on what to say because the opposing language had a certain accent when saying those words.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 243