Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431335 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2355 on: November 06, 2013, 03:30:54 pm »

((What in specific? What she did to GG?
Radio, I'm definetely interested.))

((*deap breath*

Subdermal bone armor of overlapping chitin-bone tissue, big sticky tongue that launches very fast to catch fleeing prey (like giant palm salamander), launching mechanism for spiderweb-like adhesive substance to impair and hinder prey, something to launch sharp barbs (something based on mixing two chemicals that release a lot of gas, thereby creating usable pressure (like a bombardier beetle)), coated with (neuro)toxins (like anatoxin-a), a long flexible tail with hollow point 'syringe' end to inject/shoot stuff (e.g. think tail like the one on Dren from Splice) from toxins to acids to ink (to reveal the SW), or just make it a long tail with a pincer at the end, or a bonesword, a small cannon that launches 'worms' with small serrated teeth to eat their way through whatever they encounter, gecko-like feet with setae to climb walls, Mantis Shrimp-like arms to smash opponents (add sharp ends to the arms for bonus points), jellyfish like cnidocytes over your body as defense, tetrachromatic vision, komodo dragon saliva.

Also check if you can bio-engineer bacteria/Fungi/virii/parasites to suit your specific needs. Could be very useful later on. Like a combination strain that, once infected, destroys the target's neural tissue responsible for higher brain functions, but preserves the wanted parts and secretes a selection of neurotransmitters to achieve desired effect, like making target indiscriminately violent by inhibiting or destroying the regions/neurotransmitters for behavioral control, making him suicidal, or any other fun effect.
Hey, did you know some bacteria can survive in the vacuum of space? That some can damage non-organic materials?

Also take a look at the Tyranid Bio-Weapons Thesis

Aaaand I'm gonna stop typing now, not because I'm out of ideas but because I need to breathe again!

*breathe out*))
((...
I am pleased. After the mission is over I shall develop some interesting things.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 06, 2013, 03:36:27 pm »

((What in specific? What she did to GG?
Radio, I'm definetely interested.))

((*deap breath*

Subdermal bone armor of overlapping chitin-bone tissue, big sticky tongue that launches very fast to catch fleeing prey (like giant palm salamander), launching mechanism for spiderweb-like adhesive substance to impair and hinder prey, something to launch sharp barbs (something based on mixing two chemicals that release a lot of gas, thereby creating usable pressure (like a bombardier beetle)), coated with (neuro)toxins (like anatoxin-a), a long flexible tail with hollow point 'syringe' end to inject/shoot stuff (e.g. think tail like the one on Dren from Splice) from toxins to acids to ink (to reveal the SW), or just make it a long tail with a pincer at the end, or a bonesword, a small cannon that launches 'worms' with small serrated teeth to eat their way through whatever they encounter, gecko-like feet with setae to climb walls, Mantis Shrimp-like arms to smash opponents (add sharp ends to the arms for bonus points), jellyfish like cnidocytes over your body as defense, tetrachromatic vision, komodo dragon saliva.

Also check if you can bio-engineer bacteria/Fungi/virii/parasites to suit your specific needs. Could be very useful later on. Like a combination strain that, once infected, destroys the target's neural tissue responsible for higher brain functions, but preserves the wanted parts and secretes a selection of neurotransmitters to achieve desired effect, like making target indiscriminately violent by inhibiting or destroying the regions/neurotransmitters for behavioral control, making him suicidal, or any other fun effect.
Hey, did you know some bacteria can survive in the vacuum of space? That some can damage non-organic materials?

Also take a look at the Tyranid Bio-Weapons Thesis

Aaaand I'm gonna stop typing now, not because I'm out of ideas but because I need to breathe again!

*breathe out*))
((...
I am pleased. After the mission is over I shall develop some interesting things.))

((You're welcome.
I'm a biochem student. Does it show? I like this crap, makes me work with my study material in a non-dry just-learn-everything-to-pass-the-exam way. I could think of some ways to make some of these realistically work, if PW wants you to be able to explain some of the more exotic stuff you want to grow. If you need more ideas, give a yell.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:02 pm »

((Indeed I shall! Thank you for this.
Now to go practice my cackle.))
Sig! Onol

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 06, 2013, 03:55:26 pm »

(( Also, I'm assuming at this point that I have Pan and Gorat aboard, at Knight's discretion. I see Lukas is with Jim and co? ))
((Yeah, let's go with that. I'll just bring my stats over and reread.))
Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 06, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »

"Nooooooooope. Fuck this I'm out of here."

Head to the lobby, away from the creepy flesh thing.

((Xan is now one of the most dangerous players still alive. And that's saying something considering Miyamoto is a goddamn Avatar of War.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: November 06, 2013, 04:45:24 pm »

((It comes with some vulnerabilities but it was so worth it.))
Sig! Onol

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 06, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »

"So, wer'e in a ship when there's assholes shooting nuclear bombs out of oversized sniper rifles around."
"Affirmative, I predict the chances of being shot out of the sky, burning alive inside of the ship and/or death to be near 87.6%"
"Fukkin' A"

Rest brain some more, go to the cockpit and keep an eye on the sensors for incoming fire

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 06, 2013, 04:57:44 pm »

"mrow?"
Follow fleeing man
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 06, 2013, 04:59:04 pm »

((Xan is now one of the most dangerous players still alive. And that's saying something considering Miyamoto is a goddamn Avatar of War.))

((I dunno. In terms of raw protection and destructive capability, I'm pretty sure The AoW and Universal amp outrank the Thing.

However, what I think Xan does have over Miyamoto now is flexibility, the ability to adapt to the situation on a whim and be as unpredictable as his imagination will allow him. And he can always revert to his human form in case it is needed, whereas Miya is 'stuck' in his suit. So, as usual, it depends on the situation who will be more effective and what power/gear/suit/weapon/whatever will win the day. After all, most mission aren't combat oriented.

This, by the way, is why the HMRC is so hard a force to deal with: no matter what you bring, somebody somewhere will have just the thing to counter it.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 06, 2013, 05:10:23 pm »

((I dunno. In terms of raw protection and destructive capability, I'm pretty sure The AoW and Universal amp outrank the Thing.

However, what I think Xan does have over Miyamoto now is flexibility, the ability to adapt to the situation on a whim and be as unpredictable as his imagination will allow him. And he can always revert to his human form in case it is needed, whereas Miya is 'stuck' in his suit. So, as usual, it depends on the situation who will be more effective and what power/gear/suit/weapon/whatever will win the day. After all, most mission aren't combat oriented.

This, by the way, is why the HMRC is so hard a force to deal with: no matter what you bring, somebody somewhere will have just the thing to counter it.))
((So... the HMRC is essentially a cross between the X-COM and the Green Lantern Corps? Complete with "make stuff with your will" gadgets, although far from standard issue.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 06, 2013, 05:58:21 pm »

T. points Skylar over towards the center tower.
"Cyborg?"

((Times like this make me wish I had a MK3 - I could just drop to the ex-stealth team and hand off their kit.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:29 pm »

-snip-
((Meh. A bit in-the-box for the most part, and some of those require Xan to be able to generate completely separate organisms. Which I suppose it is likely he could, but we can't know.))

((So... the HMRC is essentially a cross between the X-COM and the Green Lantern Corps? Complete with "make stuff with your will" gadgets, although far from standard issue.))
((*grumble* Just wait until Grate's research pays off!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 06, 2013, 06:15:44 pm »

((I'm a biochem student. Does it show?))
((Awesome! I'm a MedTech and I'm also trying to apply all I've learned in everything outside the field :D
...It doesn't show, does it.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 06, 2013, 06:17:14 pm »

-snip-
((Meh. A bit in-the-box for the most part, and some of those require Xan to be able to generate completely separate organisms. Which I suppose it is likely he could, but we can't know.))

((Well, if you have better ideas that, mind you, are still possible, or at the very least plausible, do say so. I'm very curious. A reason I picked a lot of existing examples was because then at least there's a precedent in nature as proof that something is at least remotely plausible.

((*grumble* Just wait until Grate's research pays off!))

((When, or rather if, you find out how that machine works, then you too will have a lot of flexibility and be able to adapt at will. Though you'll first have to figure it out, something that could take a while. A good long while even.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: November 06, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »

((And it will take a lot of research subjects.
I have a vague idea of how it works, I just need to confirm it and find some nice, stable formulas. My plan is to either figure out some kind of research grant or start selling pills once I get as far as I can with free stuff. And then...I distribute powers to people.

Hm, I wonder if there is a way to make a pill that wipes out the effects of other pills...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 243