Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 431353 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2370 on: November 06, 2013, 06:21:14 pm »

((Hrmmm. Taking pills for power. No thanks, I'll just stick to my random artifacts from Nyars.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 06, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »

((Why have an expensive, unpredictable, random artifact from Nyars when you could have a predictable pill give you permanent power for just a few tokens? I intend to test these pills before selling them, incidentally.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 06, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »

((Because Nyars has colorful decorations on his boxes.))

((Also I'm pretty sure Samus Aran could still kick our collective asses.))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:35:19 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 06, 2013, 06:38:34 pm »

((Probably not. I'm not terribly familiar with Metroid, but I think that good ol' Ava R. O'War could take her on single-handedly, between size, strength, armor, and space magic.

It might be interesting to see Contessa take on the HMRC, though...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 06, 2013, 06:40:14 pm »

((Aran's suit can incorporate any tech it finds into itself no matter where it comes from.
ANY TECH.
Also, not so much, considering her hat is literally 'I win' bar someone shooting off a fusion gun.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 06, 2013, 06:45:00 pm »

((Any tech it finds. Besides, given that the ER-verse loosely operates by the real laws of physics and logic, sooner or later it would run out of space, overheat, and/or find two techs that clashed. And if it doesn't, I want my medigun!

And as for Contessa...Contessa's fights are kinda boring when she is only a little worse than her opponents igoring her power. When her opponents have many more numbers, or tech, or something though...It's kinda like how a Neo vs. Contessa fight would be neat, or one between Contessa and Agent Texas from Red Versus Blue, or Tex v. Agent Smith...or Contessa v. Miyamoto vs. Neo vs. Smith vs. Superman vs. Tex vs. the tarrasque...))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 06, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »

((No, her suit is basically made by a species that were so advanced they literally couldn't advance their tech anymore - they'd pulled a STEPHEN HAWKING and literally invented everything.
Then they died out because they forgot to breed.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 06, 2013, 06:59:25 pm »

((If they literally invented everything, they would have invented something that reminded them to breed, and something to breed for them, and true immortality so survival of the species would not require breathing. and an immovable object, and an unstoppable force. And of course, those last two cannot coexist. Needless to say, once you apply logic and stuff it all starts to break down.

They also would have invented perpetual motion machines, guns that fire bullets faster than the speed of light, matter-summoning devices, spaceships that can survive going through a black hole, intelligent politicians, and a version of Twilight which doesn't suck, which are pretty major impossibilities. Especially the last two.))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 06, 2013, 07:01:58 pm »

((Its kinda unclear if they ascended to energy beings status or just died, so they may have.
Point is Samus' suit breaks physics. The only limitation is those damn battery packs.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:05 pm »

((those battery packs exist in the remains of shot up bugs and plants amoungst other things. I suspect that her weapons form them in the bodies of her victims. as long as she dodges well, she can regenerate faster than she takes damage.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:54 pm »

((And once she goes into a universe where the laws of physics are presided over by non-corrupt cops, it will stop working. Just like how Robin could beat up Gandalf if they met in...actually, the DCU has magic, bad example. Just like a random guy could beat up Gandalf if they met in New York City, because NYC simply does not let magic happen.))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: November 06, 2013, 07:07:22 pm »

((And once she goes into a universe where the laws of physics are presided over by non-corrupt cops, it will stop working. Just like how Robin could beat up Gandalf if they met in...actually, the DCU has magic, bad example. Just like a random guy could beat up Gandalf if they met in New York City, because NYC simply does not let magic happen.))
((But that's a bad example because Gandalf beat the crap out of a Balrog using only a +1 sword for 8 days. Anyone who tries to mug him is going to have a bad time.))
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 06, 2013, 07:11:14 pm »

((you mean like how a universal manipulator wouldn't work in NYC either? there is stuff in ER that breaks physics just as badly or worse than Samus's suit.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 06, 2013, 07:21:02 pm »

((I just realized I never posted an action.))

I ghwill maghke my form shuitable for shearsching. Wone moument.

Adjust some of my eyes so some of them have access to the visible spectrum, some can see radio waves, some can see gamma rays, etc. Whole electromagnetic spectrum.
And grow some earholes on the side of my torso, owl-style; one side higher than the other in order to detect the directions of sounds better.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 06, 2013, 07:35:50 pm »

T. points Skylar over towards the center tower.
"Cyborg?"

((Times like this make me wish I had a MK3 - I could just drop to the ex-stealth team and hand off their kit.))

(( I've got Tack aboard as well? I'm not sure how my character should feel about that :P If you wanted to be with us, welcome aboard. If you didn't, feel free to teleport over to your squad.

And they got their gear, through the magic of time skip! And GM powered coordination. Mostly that one. ))
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 243