Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430811 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2400 on: November 06, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »

((Do you think it's possible we can go so far off the rails that we come full circle, cross paths with ourselves and make the universe implode?))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 06, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »

also try to hook up the torrent to the black ships AI.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:47 pm »

((Wut mate. A random guy couldn't beat up Gandalf because Gandalf doesn't exist. If he did, then magic would, and he'd probably win.))
((I am basing it off the assumption that Gandalf is transported from his universe to ours, without any of the laws of our universe changing.))
((So our universe stays the same, sans the fact that inter-universe travel now exist and works perfectly? Hmm. Plus, Gandalf always has his magic powers, that's not only Canon, but also adhering to the Rule of Cool.))
((Magic cannot exist in our world. Therefore, Gandalf cannot have magic in our world.
The metaphor works this way because piecewise wouldn't let something so logic-ignoring into his game.))
((Gandalf can't have magic because Gandalf doesn't exist.))
((But if he did, and was brought into our universe, etc etc.
And if he doesn't, the premise of my statement does not exist, which makes it still true.))
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 06, 2013, 10:13:07 pm »

((Wut mate. A random guy couldn't beat up Gandalf because Gandalf doesn't exist. If he did, then magic would, and he'd probably win.))
((I am basing it off the assumption that Gandalf is transported from his universe to ours, without any of the laws of our universe changing.))
((So our universe stays the same, sans the fact that inter-universe travel now exist and works perfectly? Hmm. Plus, Gandalf always has his magic powers, that's not only Canon, but also adhering to the Rule of Cool.))
((Magic cannot exist in our world. Therefore, Gandalf cannot have magic in our world.
The metaphor works this way because piecewise wouldn't let something so logic-ignoring into his game.))
((Gandalf can't have magic because Gandalf doesn't exist.))
((But if he did, and was brought into our universe, etc etc.
And if he doesn't, the premise of my statement does not exist, which makes it still true.))
Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

((I quote Alex the Great of Macedon on this matter: "My good sirs,would anyone like to verify what the fuck this man's talking 'bout?"))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 06, 2013, 10:15:02 pm »

((Gods, the spam derailing. The twisted logic is incoherent with the lack of context >_>
Could we get back to pertinent matters? Thanks.))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:29:29 pm by Tiruin »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »

(( Try and hook *what* up to the blackship? Oh, the Turret. The ship doesn't have an AI, I think, just flight and fire control. I think we'd rather let someone else control it anyway.

... assuming it still has any ability to track. I think it might be sort of melted into the nose of the ship ))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 06, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »

(( Try and hook *what* up to the blackship? Oh, the Turret. The ship doesn't have an AI, I think, just flight and fire control. I think we'd rather let someone else control it anyway.

... assuming it still has any ability to track. I think it might be sort of melted into the nose of the ship ))
I guess so, but I think I only melted the tripod to the nose of it, so it's swivel thing is fine.)
Alan help.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 06, 2013, 10:26:58 pm »

"Gah, fuck it. Waiting is getting on my nerves."

Go link up with my team. Monitor everyone's feeds with Steve and try to narrow down the area's that we have to search.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 06, 2013, 10:28:18 pm »

Spoiler: Explanation for TCM (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 06, 2013, 10:28:29 pm »

I guess so, but I think I only melted the tripod to the nose of it, so it's swivel thing is fine.)
Plus I think it only said I melted the tripod to the top of the ship, not the nose.
Alan help.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:44 pm »

((Gods, the spam derailing. The twisted logic is incoherent with the lack of context >_>
Could we get back to pertinent matters? Thanks.))

((I got carried away yet again, sorry Ti.))

Spoiler: Explanation for TCM (click to show/hide)

((Yo', great story man. Victory achieve. Guess you want the spoils and all that. Want a Bugatti? They're sweet rides. Take em'. Gold? Ingots, chains, grills, whatever. Take em'. Here you go.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:17 pm »

Plus I think it only said I melted the tripod to the top of the ship, not the nose.

(( Alright. I guess that works  XD ))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 06, 2013, 11:41:48 pm »

(( Oh, and to get the magic discussion further off the rails, I only have one of my favorite quotes to add :P

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!"

Therefore, not only can Gandalf exist, but so can Samus' suit, as both are simply insufficiently analyzed magic. Much like the anomalies, manipulators, and amplifiers. ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 07, 2013, 12:24:14 am »

((I just remembered that Milno was successful when he used his strange gauntlet to touch his own prosthetic arm. I wonder what practical uses the knowledge he received has...))

Having finally received his traditional, good ol' MkIII and suited up, Milno makes a mental note to resume conservative experiments with his strange alien-looking gauntlet. "Milno here, I'll take a look where I was planning to. Nudge me if any hostile's found."

Check if there's a path where most if not all underground passages intersect and take a look at it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 07, 2013, 12:30:34 am »

((I just remembered that Milno was successful when he used his strange gauntlet to touch his own prosthetic arm. I wonder what practical uses the knowledge he received has...))

Having finally received his traditional, good ol' MkIII and suited up, Milno makes a mental note to resume conservative experiments with his strange alien-looking gauntlet. "Milno here, I'll take a look where I was planning to. Nudge me if any hostile's found."

Check if there's a path where most if not all underground passages intersect and take a look at it.

(( *nudge* ))

(( Well, okay, maybe not, but there is a thing of interest on the roof of the central tower. I think we have that covered though, if you'd like to continue with the tunnels ))

After Your passengers are done melting a gun to the top of your ship, you take off and fly over to the towers. You begin slowly circling them while scanning through different vision modes and sensors on the ship. You don't see anything, beyond something metallic atop the middle tower.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:32:11 am by Kriellya »
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 243