Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430871 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: UE and SW Hunters
« Reply #2430 on: November 07, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »

((a sample of your morphic puddle guts is desired for ?scientific? testing regarding the pill machine.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 07, 2013, 01:03:00 pm »

((...
THEY MAH GUTS
Not right now, anyway. If you can get a good IC reason to do so, sure, but otherwise I don't think I can justify it in character.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: November 07, 2013, 01:10:18 pm »

((And I don't think I can justify Grate deciding to do it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: November 07, 2013, 01:30:55 pm »

See if I can figure some ship controls without touching anything. No matter what, don't touch anything.
Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2434 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:39 pm »

"Um... uh... please tell me that I just hallucinated saying that..." Charles anxiously remarks to no one in particular.
He gives all HMRC members full access to his turret's visual feed and controls. He then tries not to say anything strange or insane. He also activates a dynamic bonus for CON.
You send the control signal to everyone and then enter a squatting position and concentrate on shooting people, grunting and straining the whole time. It's sort of awkward to watch.

(( double post, because sometimes I like to segment information by posts, especially when that information has nothing to do with my action XD ))

(( Also, I'm assuming at this point that I have Pan and Gorat aboard, at Knight's discretion. I see Lukas is with Jim and co? ))

Something metallic on top of the center tower, one of the fliers want to check it out?

Have one of the cameras zoom in on the object if possible.

Continue circling and watching for LESHO fire and other disturbance.

< Skylar, SH team, Fleshtech and impromptu blackship pilot >
You zoom the camera in as far as possible. It appears as though the metal object is some sort of...it looks sort of like a heat sink? And a large one at that. It's attached to what appears to be a metal tube of some kind that is bolted into the roof.

Flint Westwood - Hunter - Flying Heavy Soldier
Something metallic on top of the center tower, one of the fliers want to check it out?
"Affirmative, I see it too, moving in now. Better stay away, just in case it goes boom."

I think it's better if I'm not carrying anybody, since nobody asked.
Use zoom mode of cameyes and give pictures of the object to Steve and AM.
Slowly approach the object, looking around for cameras, tripwires, lasers and other such dangerous things.
If the previous images were inconclusive, send pictures and ask people what it is.

The AM texts you back after you send her some more upclose pictures.

It looks like a rather crude gauss catapult. Probably remote controlled, judging by the lack of controls on the thing itself.

((Any of you ever played Dead Space? He looks like a legged version of those flying things. Except with eyes everywhere.))
((There are multiple flying things in Dead Space.))

((Yay! I'm making the worlds better places to live by not being on them!))
((Not doing harm is not doing good! There needs to also be a step where you, I dunno, set up a charity for the victims of looking at you that helps bring the economy of a world back on its feet.))

@Xan: if you want some ideas on extra stuff for your flesh horror, I think I've got some. PW will probably let you mutate and move in the same turn, so you can do them while staying with your team.))
((Don't encourage him. Although...Xan, think about what Panacea did, and see if you can do it to yourself. No, I'm not referring to that specific instance, I don't think you can modify your brain-amp connection anyways. Just in general. Food for inspiration.))

Grab a few batons, grumbling about the LifeLock or LifeLook or LifeAlert or whatever systems built into those sod weapons that stop me from being able to use them.
"Um... uh... please tell me that I just hallucinated saying that..." Charles anxiously remarks to no one in particular.
He gives all HMRC members full access to his turret's visual feed and controls. He then tries not to say anything strange or insane. He also activates a dynamic bonus for CON.
Figure out how to use these controls without killing anyone. Unless I see an Urban Executor, Shadow Walker, evil amp-user, or something like that, in which case figure out how to use these controls by shooting at the UE, SW, or EAU.
The life lock doesn't effect the batons. It's not really worth while to install the system on something that is, in essence, just a metal rod.

These controls are a con roll. Perhaps you're not the best person to be using them, considering anyone in the entire HMRC outfit can now.

"Nooooooooope. Fuck this I'm out of here."

Head to the lobby, away from the creepy flesh thing.

((Xan is now one of the most dangerous players still alive. And that's saying something considering Miyamoto is a goddamn Avatar of War.))
(xan isn't the most dangerous, just sort of the most disturbing. In terms of dangerous Miyamoto is the most dangerous, especially when you factor in his ability to remove the thing's limiters.)
You slink away into the concourse to get away from...that fucking thing.

"So, wer'e in a ship when there's assholes shooting nuclear bombs out of oversized sniper rifles around."
"Affirmative, I predict the chances of being shot out of the sky, burning alive inside of the ship and/or death to be near 87.6%"
"Fukkin' A"

Rest brain some more, go to the cockpit and keep an eye on the sensors for incoming fire
You rest your brain while keeping an eye on the ship's sensors.

"Man, I wish I knew what any of these numbers and stuff meant.."

"Nooooooooope. Fuck this I'm out of here."

Head to the lobby, away from the creepy flesh thing.
"mrow?"
Follow fleeing man
You decide to follow the pirate as opposed to hanging around the...that thing....

((I just realized I never posted an action.))

I ghwill maghke my form shuitable for shearsching. Wone moument.

Adjust some of my eyes so some of them have access to the visible spectrum, some can see radio waves, some can see gamma rays, etc. Whole electromagnetic spectrum.
And grow some earholes on the side of my torso, owl-style; one side higher than the other in order to detect the directions of sounds better.

[will:1+1]
Amazing how all this will seems not to be able to do anything.

Observe environment.

((And once she goes into a universe where the laws of physics are presided over by non-corrupt cops, it will stop working. Just like how Robin could beat up Gandalf if they met in...actually, the DCU has magic, bad example. Just like a random guy could beat up Gandalf if they met in New York City, because NYC simply does not let magic happen.))

((Wut mate. A random guy couldn't beat up Gandalf because Gandalf doesn't exist. If he did, then magic would, and he'd probably win.))
You are, I believe, still on the gangway because your sweep team has failed to go...anywhere.

also try to hook up the torrent to the black ships AI.
Hook up a torrent on the Blackship's computers?

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE PIRATING MUSIC!

"Gah, fuck it. Waiting is getting on my nerves."

Go link up with my team. Monitor everyone's feeds with Steve and try to narrow down the area's that we have to search.

>I've got a few curious sensory readings. One being a Series of doors being opened and left that way, precluding it from being any sort of automated system, since they would close doors. Second being a strange heat signature, and the last being a loss of signal for a sensor array.

((I just remembered that Milno was successful when he used his strange gauntlet to touch his own prosthetic arm. I wonder what practical uses the knowledge he received has...))

Having finally received his traditional, good ol' MkIII and suited up, Milno makes a mental note to resume conservative experiments with his strange alien-looking gauntlet. "Milno here, I'll take a look where I was planning to. Nudge me if any hostile's found."

Check if there's a path where most if not all underground passages intersect and take a look at it.
There is, unfortunately, no nice central hub for you to go hang around in. Though Bishop did just get a few choices of places to look.

T. points Skylar over towards the center tower.
"Cyborg?"

((Times like this make me wish I had a MK3 - I could just drop to the ex-stealth team and hand off their kit.))

(( I've got Tack aboard as well? I'm not sure how my character should feel about that :P If you wanted to be with us, welcome aboard. If you didn't, feel free to teleport over to your squad.

And they got their gear, through the magic of time skip! And GM powered coordination. Mostly that one. ))

((My last action was literally 'Go board the blackship', after Maurice 'Fixed' my brain.))

Man a gun! Or the radar! Or anywhere that is useful and not currently occupied!
Hmm...I'm not sure what you can man on the blackship that isn't already manned...

You go sit on the toilet and make race car noises.

Hey GM, could I get a list of Xan's current stats and skills and such?
My old copy got delete by some government or other.
Also, reading through the thread I apparently punched Renen in the face at one point.
I was amazingly lucky that I went offline at that time or whatever it is I did.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzsdww2e8yf2v89/idiots%20in%20space.txt

Leo just watches the interaction between the flesh horror and the rest of the crew, unsure of the goal of Squad 3.

"You know, if you wanted to be a bird monster, you should go with Chairman Jack.  I suppose you do have more flexability that way."
You're attempting to hunt a freaking SW or UE. Go hunting!

Hm, I wonder if there is a way to make a pill that wipes out the effects of other pills...))

((See if you can get a pill from no ingredients.  Or use water.))

PW:  Can we get a quick sketch map of the area?

Lars nods at Jack.  "Can you get your rocket bike?  You and I will take to the skies, while the others will sweep the roof.  If we find anything, we'll group up."

Carry STEVEN HAWKING and Charles to the roof if possible- one at a time if needed.  Otherwise, help them find a way up.

((Any objections, fellers?))

I think Paris already did a little picture of the area, but I can do one too, if you want. Also why are you going to the roof?

See if I can figure some ship controls without touching anything. No matter what, don't touch anything.
Well...Skylar is sort of sitting in the captain's chair...you wanna watch over his shoulder?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: November 07, 2013, 02:16:55 pm »

If Skylar let's me watch, sure.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »

Charles continues charging his dynamic bonus (even if it doesn't stack) trying to seem relatively normal and inconspicuous.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: November 07, 2013, 02:37:42 pm »

I think Paris already did a little picture of the area, but I can do one too, if you want. Also why are you going to the roof?

((Lack of direction otherwise.  But since Steve gave us a nice set of directions, I'm going to assume Lars heard them.))

Lars listened to Steve.  "Looks like we've been given divine command.  Let us go check out that strange heat signature, brothers.  Most Holy Steve, where is it located, and what can you tell us about it?"

Ask Steve for directions.  Round up team and drag them that way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 07, 2013, 02:56:41 pm »

Follow Lars after retrieving rocket bike.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:25:50 pm by Tavik Toth »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 07, 2013, 03:28:37 pm »

(But I want eye of the tiger!)
see if the TURRET can be hooked up to the computers, TURRET.

see if I can get to place where the bomb is and disarm it, or at least not f*** up.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:58:55 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 07, 2013, 03:31:17 pm »

Follow Lars. Fly if necessary, but for now scuttle along.
Repeat the process of mutating my sensory organs while I'm going, if I can:
Adjust some of my eyes so some of them have access to the visible spectrum, some can see radio waves, some can see gamma rays, etc. Whole electromagnetic spectrum.
And grow some earholes on the side of my torso, owl-style; one side higher than the other in order to detect the directions of sounds better.

[/b]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 07, 2013, 03:32:44 pm »

see if the TURRENT can be hooked up to the computers, TURRENT.

((I think he means turret. Pretty sure.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 07, 2013, 03:35:24 pm »

see if the TURRET can be hooked up to the computers, TURRET.

((I think he means turret. Pretty sure.))
((Of course it means turret! It's spelled out, correctly, right there! No I didn't edit anything!))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2443 on: November 07, 2013, 03:49:25 pm »

Okay, that definitely sounds bad.
"Okay, I've got 1/4 kiloton weapon between my legs and I need someone with a tender touch and a lot of experience to help me take care of it. If you could also bring someone who could help with the potential nuclear bomb along, that would be appreciated, hehehe. The rest, I want you to give this tower a wide berth. If I go boom, I don't want to be responsible for anybody else's stupid death, just my own. If you see anything being launched from the tower, take it down before it can reach the Sword or any other target."

Is it some kind of modified LESHO rifle?
Slowly examine the object from up close. See if there is any easy and obvious way I could disarm it (remove the round for example or slice the barrel off with the monorazor). Ask AM if necessary.
If the thing looks like it's going to launch or blow up, use my monoatomic razor to slice the thing in half (hopefully destroying something that will stop the shell from launching and the bomb from exploding in the process). Ask the AM for advice, if she has any.
EDIT: Fly anyone willing to help to the tower if possible and nobody else does so.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:16:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 07, 2013, 04:51:53 pm »

"Flint, Morul here. I can dispose of that bomb, but I need to at least be able to pick it up. I need a ride over though. Anyone willing to fly me there?"

Attempt to find a way over to Flint, and examine the device. If I get there, see if the projectile is accessible, and if not, how to get to it, or failing that, try and figure out if I could just pick the whole thing up, preferably without actually trying to pick it up.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 243