Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435663 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2745 on: November 18, 2013, 12:00:11 pm »

"####ing ####! Medical pickup for Teal needed!"

Message. Feel guilty.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2746 on: November 18, 2013, 12:25:55 pm »

Wake up, figure out what I'm smelling up here.

For Feyri:
Quote from: Feyri to HMRC
Lyra is acting odd on top of that tower the LESHO was fired from. Searching for a UE now. backup would be appreciated.
pick up Lyra and drape her over my shoulder, ready my weapon, and search the area for the UE messing with Lyra's head.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: A watched arsonist always boils
« Reply #2747 on: November 18, 2013, 01:14:37 pm »

((@Lenglon: I think Lyra's just acting like a cat. The doc did say there would be side effects. Like being cat-like in behavior (for example: taking lots of naps, chasing small fast things, etc).))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 18, 2013, 01:17:51 pm »

((Up until now I have never needed a will roll to act normal, Lyra's cat-like behavior thus far has been voluntary, and it's a purfectly normal cat behavior to investigate something curious, like a set of new smells. yet for some reason I'm unable to even attempt to satisfy my cat-like curiosity.))

((as a counterexample, of where I decided to do something decidedly un-cat-like, I did NOT need a will roll to take a shower.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:20:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »

Let me take a look at the console and get back to you on that. Don't worry, not going to touch it until we are on the ground. Speaking of, how much longer to ground level?

Study the hole in the console with an eye for if it's possible to fix and what additional parts I'd need. Note if it looks like there might be unseen damage further back in the console.
Also sneakily ask PW how many more turns til touchdown :P
Oh, and ask if this would be aux or handiwork. Cause it's not always clear to me when aux ends and handi begins XD

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 18, 2013, 03:15:38 pm »

@Gorat *beep* The Medical team you are attempting to contact is currently preoccupied with falling out of the sky. If you need medical attention, we will be with you as soon as possible. If you are beyond the aid of mere mortals, please transport your brain to the Sword at your earliest convenience. Leave additional details after the beep. *beeeeeeeeep*

(( @Lenglon: This is also the first time you've really tried to use that nose for tracking. So it being a side effect is a fair bet :P it may also be a timer or other random side effect. By which I mean, PW has a timer or is rolling a D20 or something to decide its time for you to nap, as cats are wont to do :P And now you need will rolls to resist your nap.
Still, doesn't hurt to be cautious, though I don't know who is in a position to support. Maybe Gorat and the bag of meat formerly known as Teal? I can also support, if I can get the black ship back in the air XD ))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: November 18, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »

"I cannot help but notice that we've just been sitting here. In this ship"
"I cannot help but notice you did not, in fact, try to fix this vessel while it was inoperational"
"I'm not a mechanic"
"No, just an inept idiot"

"Hey, capt'n skylar, everything allright in there? Just yell if you need me to do....something....ampy."

While we are still riding in our flying boxy deathtrap, snooze some more.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 18, 2013, 03:28:33 pm »

Message the rest of the hunters: "I've reached the end of the blood trail, and I'm at a crossroads.  I think it's time for another group to start moving forward, I could let this guy out past me."  Take a look down the passages, is there anything of note, or are they just more hallways?

"You got any ideas, Bishop?"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 18, 2013, 03:39:18 pm »

also sit around, doing nothing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 18, 2013, 04:05:00 pm »

((@Paris: I didn't mention this earlier, but destroying the corpse's chest with a couple of gauss rounds seems like a good UE check. Mainly because in the case it is a corpse, then losing his innards isn't too bad, and in the case it is a living Executioner, then losing his squishy bits - or in the case of a cyborg, his braincase - would certainly be a deterrent. Of course, if it's just a corpse then that'll be both useless and potentially dangerous.))

Milno considers how he hasn't noticed a stubble forming. More pressing matters, probably. "Flint, what do you got?"

Keep guard.

((The life of a HMRC member is beginning to look like a guardsman's: several months or even years of transit and/or waiting, then life-threatening situation/violent senseless death.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: November 18, 2013, 04:06:42 pm »

"I cannot help but notice that we've just been sitting here. In this ship"
"I cannot help but notice you did not, in fact, try to fix this vessel while it was inoperational"
"I'm not a mechanic"
"No, just an inept idiot"

"Hey, capt'n skylar, everything allright in there? Just yell if you need me to do....something....ampy."

While we are still riding in our flying boxy deathtrap, snooze some more.

Nah, we're all good. We should be on the ground shortly and safely. Might want to get ready to run out and help the AMP team? It sounds like things are coming to a head over there, and I'm not going to have this back in the air quickly.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 18, 2013, 04:41:13 pm »

(Also, everyone, remind me to dump my stats into aux next time please, I'm going to need it.)
"well, the best I got is a laser rifle and a complete inability to use it, oh, and an emergncy kit as well but at this rate that's going to be more dangrous than the rifle."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2757 on: November 18, 2013, 05:48:41 pm »

((The corpse is obviously a trap. I knew the moment I saw it. No man can loose so much blood and keep walking for a few HUNDREDS of feet. Plus, the body, arranged that way? It just screams "I have an explosive under or near me that will explode the moment you turn me over." If it was the modern day I'd guess a grenade without a pin or a claymore, but I don't know what kind of high tech (of low tech) trap he might have set up.))

Damn my squishy human body.

How wide are those corridors and are there tracks on the blood? Does it look like it was dragged here? Could a man really walk so far after loosing so much blood? Remove my glove and touch the blood. How warm does it feel? Poking the man felt like he was wearing clothes, not UE camo gear, right? (UE camo gear wouldn't bend and move like normal clothes. How many exits does this room have?

Use the above evidence and previous data to determine where the killer went.

Ask for ways to bypass this area.

Try to look under the body without moving it. Also be on the lookout for tripwires.

Keep in contact with Steve during the entire examination, relaying my findings, just in case I go bananas and/or explode.

"I need some cameyes here! Anybody with synthflesh available? Otherwise, I'm possibly detonating a potential explosive device of unknown yield in an enclosed space, that may also alert the UE."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 18, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »

Feel guilty.
((Angst like no-one is watching.
       ...Because you killed them.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 18, 2013, 10:29:38 pm »

"I'd say we check out that body with a 30 foot pole. And if we get nowhere from that, ask Steve for some ideas."

Where the hell am I again? Regroup with others if alone.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 243