Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 429911 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: A watched arsonist always boils
« Reply #2805 on: November 21, 2013, 12:23:45 pm »

Continue heading to Flint's position. Attack the SW with a slash to the torso once I get there (with BT on).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:14:54 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: November 21, 2013, 12:44:38 pm »

Quote from: To THE CHIN
It was an amp fight, what else do you expect?
Also the infant's dead.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: November 21, 2013, 12:53:39 pm »

Gorat stares at the message, unsure what to say. He didn't particularly know Grate, but the death of a child wasn't something that should be a "by the way" as this Xan seemed to treat it. He slumps down, cursing.
"####! Damn it!"
Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2808 on: November 21, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »

Bringing an amp to a monorazor fight? What has the world come to? In my day, people fought with honor. Well I'm not letting anyone mess with my mind, ever again. I prefer to die then let them do that to me again.

Charge at him, taking one of the cameras from my head and throwing it at him with the aim to stick it on to him and attack with the monoatomic razor. Aim to disarm, immobilise, blind and generally to incapacitate, not to kill. ((The camera will distract him (he might think it's some weird spacemagic thing I'm throwing and try to dodge it), and even if I die, the camera will give you guys his position.))

Continue talking to him, both through speakers and through an open channel in case he has a microphone problem: "You're completely surrounded. My friends will be here any minute now. Killing me won't earn you anything. I'm not even that important. Is it worth giving your life just to kill a random soldier? Is that what you wish your final act in life to be? Why not lower your weapons so we can just talk about this? I'm sure we can work something out. Just say the word. I'll even drop my weapon, if you promise you will talk to me and not attack me."
[dex:1+1]
[end:3+1]
You sort of stand there, looking stupid for a few seconds before several dozen gashes tear themselves open across your skin. It hurts, but at least thats all it does.
[dex:3+1]
You hurl a camera at him and it sticks to his chest.
[uncon:4]
Distracted by your camera toss, the UE doesn't see your attack coming and catches the mono blade straight to the arm. A high pitched buzz mixed with a wet slurch and pop announces the hit, as the flesh on his arm explodes outward, shredded straight down to the bone and a bit more. The UE backs away but doesn't seem to have been mentally effected by the bow, keeping his blade up the whole time.

Continue running.  Use Intuition to try and find a shortcut.
You keep running. two more turns!
[intuition: 1]
Never mind. You get hopelessly mixed up and lost in the tunnels.

"Hold onto your pants, I'm still on my way."

Continue heading to Flint's position.
One more turn, and flint seems to be handling it.

Collect the laser rifle/battery and return to my guard post. No need to waste a good rifle.
Which one? The one Execute threw? That was just a rifle, no battery.

Continue running.  Use Intuition to try and find a shortcut.
Do the same thing.
[intution:3] Well, you have two turns to get there, but at least you don't get lost.

"Hang on Flint! Don't let that bastard get away! Keep the pressure on him so he can't control you with his manipulator!

Steve! I need a shortcut to his location now!"

Hustle to Flint's location, using buzz mode if it helps go faster. Have Steve direct me through any shortcuts or the most direct path, and once I'm there, blast the sucker from range and around a corner!
You'll arrive with milno and Renen next turn.

Continue heading to Flint's position. Attack the SW with a slash to the torso once I get there (with BT on).
See above.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2809 on: November 21, 2013, 02:44:15 pm »

((Yeah! Still alive!

Doesn't the monorazor give me a +1? Or has it stopped working like that ever since we abandoned the range system?))

Aaargh, that hurt. Asshole. At least I got back at him for it.

Keep talking, with the faint hope that he will surrender: "Final chance to surrender. My friends are almost here. I've never killed a man before. I implore you, don't make this be my first time. For both of our sakes."

Again, go for disarming, blinding and generally disabling strikes with the monoatomic razor, not killing.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 02:48:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: November 21, 2013, 02:46:39 pm »

(("Blinding" strikes with the monorazor? Isn't that.. a little like using a frag grenade in place of a flashbang?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 21, 2013, 03:06:25 pm »

((You go for the eyes!

[Uncon:6+1]

Well... you got his eyes.  And the entire top half of his head.  Oops.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 21, 2013, 03:16:24 pm »

"Damn."

Slow down and try to get unlost.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 21, 2013, 03:18:37 pm »

(("Blinding" strikes with the monorazor? Isn't that.. a little like using a frag grenade in place of a flashbang?))
((This is the HMRC. You should be glad he isn't using a small nuclear charge in place of a flashbang. Possibly literally, eh...was it Stephen or Stacy who kicked the nuke? Or someone else?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:36 pm »

((This is the HMRC. You should be glad he isn't using a small nuclear charge in place of a flashbang. Possibly literally, eh...was it Stephen or Stacy who kicked the nuke? Or someone else?))
((It was Teal.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »

((Don't forget Karen slapping her groin with a nuke.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2816 on: November 21, 2013, 03:48:45 pm »

((You just got to lightly tap the target. To use the grenade analogy, you've got to throw the grenade far enough from the target to get the the shrapnel to destroy the eyeball without entering the brain.

This would have been easier and harder if he was a robot, since robots have multiple cameras but they're all away from the brain.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:48 pm »

((You need a miniature giant space hamster.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 21, 2013, 05:15:07 pm »

Keep running.
((Nice new avatar PW))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:43 pm »

Have retroactively picked up the rifle, and standby for liftoff as needed.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 243