Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most interesting/strange/fun/wonderful mod you have ever created?  (Read 1223 times)

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious; what is the most interesting mod you have ever created/tested?  I'm new compared to most on here, but I do have one creation I'm mostly proud of: my buffalot, my defensive powerhouse, my dwarven tool.  Huge, hoofed quadruped made mostly of adamantine (butchering results in adamantine), milkable, shearable, massively useful.  They shoot solid globs of spinning slade and web, inject a poison similar to that of the giant desert scorpion from both his horns and teeth, only with a higher severity rating.  But, to be honest, it's not all that "interesting."  The buffalot is powerful, oh yes, but it was just see what I could do to a water buffalo.  So, what is your most interesting creation?  What was your inspiration?  Tell us (me) about the more interesting processes that got you to the finished product. 
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Most interesting/strange/fun/wonderful mod you have ever created?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:11:24 am »

I made a mod that lets me watch threads for other mods without having to be active in them. I call it PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 01:39:44 am »

In terms of fort mode, What has Science Done, which I could call "anti-masterwork" (more materials! less gamey!), but I won't because that'd be dumb :P. Adventure mode, Sparking (though Earthward Pick is getting up there). In terms of wonder, Fortbent. In terms of weird, SCP mod (One of my first working features was SCP-914. That was a bad idea!). Fun goes to Sparking. Interest goes to Fortbent, SCP or Science, depending on your tastes (Homestuck? Fortbent. SCP? SCP. Electrowinning, hydrochloric acid, magical elven grottos and (soon!) magical human wands? Science).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 01:42:07 am »

>> Electrowinning, hydrochloric acid, magical elven grottos and (soon!) magical human wands? Science

I knew I should have stuck with chemical engineering classes longer when in was in uni, I got out right after electrowinning and hydrochloric acid :/

ed.
Hmm now that I've posted I guess I should try to say something on topic too :)
For "interesting" I'll go with orcish Raiding system and Carvanserai. 
For "fun/wonderful" I'll say the Magma source station although not really my creation; that was a community effort.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:03:44 am by smakemupagus »

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 01:47:08 am »

Quote from: Putnam
Electrowinning, hydrochloric acid, magical elven grottos and (soon!) magical human wands? Science

Morgorin McUrist slowly clicks the science link in the signature. 
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 02:09:28 am »

Creative process:

1 take all stuff from my favorite mods and dump into raw/objects folder
2 learn how to mod by resolving the resulting errors
3 add orcs
4 change mod so that my wife thinks its fun
5 change mod so that it's more balanced/creative/debugged except if doing so conflicts with step 4

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 02:10:24 am »

I knew I should have stuck with chemical engineering classes longer when in was in uni, I got out right after electrowinning and hydrochloric acid :/

Pff...I have never even been to a university. :P

In terms of mods: I think I like the GUI most. While based on the LNP, its the first mod to have easily adjustable settings. Other then that, the Accelerated DF, because that one I wrote myself from scratch.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:12:59 am »

I can totally relate, my wife has me make a reindeer farm in every fort I make, it's a nice little side quest to add to whatever else I'm trying to do at the time.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 03:14:58 am »

I can totally relate, my wife has me make a reindeer farm in every fort I make, it's a nice little side quest to add to whatever else I'm trying to do at the time.
Dorf Santa, raining magma down the chimmney!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))