Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Logs of Boatmasters - Kogankon (not planned as succession)  (Read 2826 times)

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Logs of Boatmasters - Kogankon (not planned as succession)
« on: March 14, 2013, 06:07:36 pm »

Hello there,

I am going to play fortress of Boastmasters and post my logs here, trying to make a story of it. In the beginning, lets post some info, shall we?
1) DF 34.11 vanilla
2) Ironhand graphics
3) Untamed wilds, scorching savannah

Now for some rules:
1) Everyone can ask for dorfation. Then he should be assign one dwarf (if possible, with choosen skills). If he wants to influence the story, he can either PM me or post anything here. If it wouldnt be utterly crazy or out of character, i shall do as he say no matter, if it can kill us or damage the fort. If it make sense - it should happen.
2) When you apply for dorfation, write nickname for a dorf, his skills and maybe personality you wish for him.
3) Dorfation lasts until death of a dwarf (i will try to prevent it of course). After you die, you can ask for new dorfation.
4) I wont use any crazy traps and "cheats" (at least not intentionally).
5) If you want to see save, i can upload it of course.

Book of Doorf:
Architect, mason, engraver - Me
Miner, record keeper, metalsmith
Miner, gem cutter, stonecrafter
Farmer, brewer, cook
Fisherman, butcher, leatherworker, medical dwarf - Mastacheese
Hunter, crossbowman - Brewster
*Red = dorfed
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:10:53 pm by Baloun »

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Logs of Boatmasters - Kogankon (not planned as succession)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:46:48 pm »

Can i be dwarfed as the first militia commander?
-I always head in to battle first, leading the charge (hopefully)-
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:02:50 pm »

Hunter, crossbowman : Brewster - crossbow/archer/ambusher, update personality as story goes

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:55 am »

Can i be dwarfed as the first militia commander?
-I always head in to battle first, leading the charge (hopefully)-

Allright! Noted, I will play tonight/tomorrow.

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:39:30 am »

Hunter, crossbowman : Brewster - crossbow/archer/ambusher, update personality as story goes
Sure!

Baloun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 10:14:18 am »

So guys - I will get back to you very soon (maybe tonight) - but I started. There are a lot of free dorfs - I dont name them yet. First militia commander have to come with migrants. Also ... I will try not to built the fortress in a general and usefull sense :) it will be more an maze of routes, bedrooms, workshops - few architectural crazyness (grand halls, temples, etc - all while trying to roleplay). But... Here are the first logs:

The stage

1st. Granite: And so we arrived - from our crumbling homeland. We ran away, to get from the greenskins, freezing mountains and many savage beasts. As we arrived to the savannah, we finally started to look for our new home. It didnt took so long, till we found this spot - calm, hot, full of creatures to hunt, fishes, wood - this place offered so much. as we arrived, we started with construction of the first rooms. Well - me and our miners anyway. Brewster, on the other hand started with his hunting. Id didnt went very well - but we are new here. He might just need some time to acclimatize. Once miners uncovered some sort of cave, our farmers begun with planting our first plump crop. First workshop to be set up was the carpentery - it was needed. We were all drowsy from our journey. It was an imperative, to make som bed soon.

Mid Granite:
Work on our beds had begun... Our miners reached stone - finally... Here we shall prepare our grand fortress in the future. For now - we have to dwell in the mud. With this in mind, we started to dig out provisionary cooking area and food storage.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 10:04:39 am »

PTW

Also, the combo of Fisherman, butcher, leatherworker, medical dwarf is amusing to me, it reminds me of when I got a dwarf of accomplished bone doctor, and great bone carver. Made me wonder what happened to his patients that didn't make it.

Actually, could you dorf me as him? He seems like a suitably senile character.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread