Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140825 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2014, 02:05:07 am »

I think that's just a constraint of adv mode right now! All that stuff reverts. I'm sure eventually Toady will make those changes to adv mode to allow this functionality so until then I don't think it's really a possibility to save terrain changes you do in adv mode. Yeah, I'm just gunna grab that older version for now!
sorry I meant to say DF vanilla might be broken, not Dfhack vanilla or if so then what raws did Dark days ahead changed to avoid crashing?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:19 am »

@Rumrusher

Like I stated before, sleeping hasn't really been a problem causing crashes for me but seems there is a non-dfhack related bug with it some people are experiencing.

Also, as to buildings causing crashes as I posted earlier, I tested it in a Dwarven hill hamlet and a Human Hamlet to test it on established sites.  I then tried it in the open world, once in a plains/grassland biome with no established site, once in a forest biome with no established site, then again in the same forest biome after using the scripts and raw changes listed to claim a site with an adventurer.  I tested these all with both a Carpenter's and Craftsdwarf's workshop.  It crashed every single time on saving, hanging up at the saving jobs part of the saving process.  The exiting areas where I had workshops built causing crashes was before testing, but I think it's when the area your leaving is being offloaded.  I also did testing with the LNP as well as the Phoebus package(whose only change to vanilla DF is the tileset) with a fresh download of DFHack by itself from the mods forums.

I didn't have these crashes initially, only started once things were updated with the advfort_items.lua.  The new advfort.lua also seems dependent on advfort_items.lua now as well. 

Polemicist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »

Yep yep. Did you guys manage to dig up the older release of AdvFort? I can't seem to locate it in the GitHub. I'm dumb.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2014, 03:44:14 pm »

Yep yep. Did you guys manage to dig up the older release of AdvFort? I can't seem to locate it in the GitHub. I'm dumb.
here
Sorry that i can't find time to fix it :/
REJOICE fellow adv-forters! i have ventured into the insanity and came back with great news! The bug is no more (also fixed another thingy). It was just a small thing after all and applying LOGICS (a strange and alien thing) i have removed the culprit. Download from the same linky (should have "version 0.11" in the top)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:08:04 pm by Warmist »

Polemicist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »

Dude, you're incredible. Thank you so much.

I owe you a beer.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2014, 10:04:58 pm »

so yeah you can build traps on the side of constructions, just that don't expect to arm them until I figure out how to get the look pointer to access the building commands.
so that I can test my theory of out of site means it's armed, then again I could just rig the druid stuff into basic traps so that if someone gets hit with an item they instantly get sealed.
the stuff I do to keep my fort safe from invaders.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2014, 03:16:38 am »

woot!  Thank you guys, I just got home from a busy day and am about to head to bed, but will be setting up and getting things going tomorrow.  I really appreciate what you have done here because this pretty much makes DF Adventure mode the game I've been craving for the better part of a decade.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2014, 07:14:02 am »

OK, newbie question here.

* I've got my adventurer.
* He's standing in the center of a magma forge.
* I press <CTRL>+T
* I press <TAB> and select <ARMOR>+<STEEL>+<HELM>

Nothing much seems to happen?

So is the reason
a) You have to generate a new world after installing Adventurer fort for it to work.
or
b) Anything else. :P
()==[:::::::::::::>

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2014, 08:43:13 am »

OK, newbie question here.

* I've got my adventurer.
* He's standing in the center of a magma forge.
* I press <CTRL>+T
* I press <TAB> and select <ARMOR>+<STEEL>+<HELM>

Nothing much seems to happen?

So is the reason
a) You have to generate a new world after installing Adventurer fort for it to work.
or
b) Anything else. :P
No you don't need to gen new world.
These reactions are a bit finicky... You must have steel+fuel (maybe on ground?) ofcourse. Then it should show "working(<X>)" near job selection. And it should start working, items will appear in the workshop. If it does not start try pressing "." (or other key you bound to adventurer wait action). Other then that it might just be a nasty bug :/

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:25 am »

No you don't need to gen new world.
These reactions are a bit finicky... You must have steel+fuel (maybe on ground?) ofcourse.
Hmm, I had three steel bars in my inventory, not on the ground and no fuel should be needed because - magma. I'll try again with the . and with some steel on the ground as well.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2014, 02:53:39 pm »

OK, I think I either messed up the installation, or I'm doing something wrong. As a test I started with a dwarf adventurer in an AI-generated dwarf fortress. I'm standing next to a statue and

* <ctrl>+T
* <shift>+R until I get "Remove Building" showing up.
* <alt>+<leftarrow> towards statue and it turns into "Remove Building (working -1)"

I pressed '.' for skip turn, but nothing changes. Any hints?

[EDIT] I can't fell trees either. I get the message "Can only do it on trees" when I <alt>walk into a tree trunk with an axe equipped and FellTree as the job.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:15:46 pm by ptb_ptb »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2014, 03:49:01 pm »

OK, I think I either messed up the installation, or I'm doing something wrong. As a test I started with a dwarf adventurer in an AI-generated dwarf fortress. I'm standing next to a statue and

* <ctrl>+T
* <shift>+R until I get "Remove Building" showing up.
* <alt>+<leftarrow> towards statue and it turns into "Remove Building (working -1)"

I pressed '.' for skip turn, but nothing changes. Any hints?

[EDIT] I can't fell trees either. I get the message "Can only do it on trees" when I <alt>walk into a tree trunk with an axe equipped and FellTree as the job.
Yeah probably messed up installation. Open up "hack/gui/advfort.lua" with text editor. If it does not start with "version: 0.011" somewhere near the top, you are using old version.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:23 pm »

Hmm, no, it already was 0.011 and redoing advfort.lua and advfort_items.lua didn't make any difference. I'll have another look at things in the morning.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2014, 03:28:08 am »

Hmm, no, it already was 0.011 and redoing advfort.lua and advfort_items.lua didn't make any difference. I'll have another look at things in the morning.

I haven't made any progress. I'm pretty sure I've done the installation procedure correctly, but I can't get the last bit to work. If you use Windows, could you maybe put up a 'pre-installed' copy of DF 0.40.19 on DFFD? Otherwise I think I've hit a dead-end. I tried again with a fresh copy of DF 0.40.19 and got the same result when trying to remove a door.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 03:42:45 am by ptb_ptb »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2014, 07:24:24 am »

I haven't made any progress. I'm pretty sure I've done the installation procedure correctly, but I can't get the last bit to work. If you use Windows, could you maybe put up a 'pre-installed' copy of DF 0.40.19 on DFFD? Otherwise I think I've hit a dead-end. I tried again with a fresh copy of DF 0.40.19 and got the same result when trying to remove a door.
best way to solve this is to get a new copy of advfort not Dwarf fortress, or Dfhack, make a lua file in scripts/gui folder and name it newadvfort.lua, then grab advfort_items  (the new advfort really should have a failsafe if you don't have advfort_items) and stick that in scripts/gui folder as well. don't rig the thing to a Key bind and use the dfhack console, "gui/newadvfort"  now when ever you want to build or do anything with items, it boots up a gui prompt asking for stuff, if you hit this point then congrats you got advfort 0.011 to work.
Since dfhack 40.19 should already come with advfort( And a whole lot of side scripts that needed for advfort to work in separate folders in dfhack and luckily warmist only messed with one file,), and god hope you're not installing a new version of dfhack to a new version of dwarf fortress every time you try this? because that level of steps is super unnessessary for a script update.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31