Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140368 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2014, 07:34:40 am »

Oooooh, wait. I had messed up the installation. I completely missed reading the /gui/ in the middle of hack/scripts/gui/advfort.lua

god hope you're not installing a new version of dfhack to a new version of dwarf fortress every time you try this? because that level of steps is super unnessessary for a script update.
No, I only did that because I have various different tilesets and mods installed in various different versions of dwarf fortress. I start by unzipping a clean copy of vanilla df when I want to eliminate spurious variables.

[EDIT] Is it possible to construct walls and floors?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:11:34 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2014, 08:48:13 am »

Oooooh, wait. I had messed up the installation. I completely missed reading the /gui/ in the middle of hack/scripts/gui/advfort.lua

god hope you're not installing a new version of dfhack to a new version of dwarf fortress every time you try this? because that level of steps is super unnessessary for a script update.
No, I only did that because I have various different tilesets and mods installed in various different versions of dwarf fortress. I start by unzipping a clean copy of vanilla df when I want to eliminate spurious variables.

[EDIT] Is it possible to construct walls and floors?
yes, just only in player forts, because that site is the only place where the game remembers to save the changes. everywhere else it's going to be item preservation.
you can make a player fort easily with dfusion through one of the adventure options so it's just means build crazy stuff you want to last at base, build traps and stuff everywhere else.
Oh and be careful about exceeding the site boundaries because the game won't save any construction progress outside of the cell.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2014, 09:01:20 am »

Haha, I should have been more specific. I meant, it is possible to build walls/floors and if so how? Because I don't see options for them under the <ctrl>+T list of commands. :P

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2014, 10:38:30 am »

Haha, I should have been more specific. I meant, it is possible to build walls/floors and if so how? Because I don't see options for them under the <ctrl>+T list of commands. :P
Use build (and direction). It should open choice menu. In there construction->wall/floor

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2014, 11:04:38 am »

In there construction->wall/floor

So it is. I looked right past it. Again. ^ ^;
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2014, 12:34:42 pm »

Sorry to be getting stuck and asking questions all the time. But I have another. ^ ^;

I built a mechanics workshop, dragged some andesite there, and got up the workshop menu.

When I select 'construct mechanisms' and press return, nothing seems to happen. The menu just disappears. Any suggestions?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:44 pm »

Sorry to be getting stuck and asking questions all the time. But I have another. ^ ^;

I built a mechanics workshop, dragged some andesite there, and got up the workshop menu.

When I select 'construct mechanisms' and press return, nothing seems to happen. The menu just disappears. Any suggestions?
Ah sorry, that is probably my bug (currently it writes Fallback and then lots of red stuff in console).

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2014, 03:51:36 pm »

ok quick question, did a search in the thread and all I could find is that I could do this but not how.  How do I dig stairs in the z-level under or above me?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »

ok quick question, did a search in the thread and all I could find is that I could do this but not how.  How do I dig stairs in the z-level under or above me?
with looking, infact you could do most advfort stuff mostly by looking up or down.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2014, 10:43:15 pm »

Guide last line of number 11

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2014, 10:39:36 am »

Woot, thanks Isher, see what I was doing wrong now.  Was trying Alt+5 instead of Ctrl+5

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2014, 11:53:06 am »

I get a bunch of 'red stuff' in the dfhack window when I try to build a wood furnace. The wood furnace displays 'half finished'

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2014, 05:37:53 pm »

Just built a wood furnace with Jet(using 0.011), no error text telling me anything. can you post what the error text reads?
"body swapping and YOU!"

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2014, 04:50:25 am »

As you can see it half-builds the furnace, then stops.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2014, 02:56:29 pm »

you're missing the Building.lua file. oh god you might be missing huge chunks of the original advfort.
like Advfort isn't just the advfort lua file. it's Advfort, the Widget folder for Building, workshop, on top of loads of other stuff that runs behinds the scenes.
this is what I feared, you might have a gutted(super different) Dfhack.  then again your computer seems to go from Currency as a folder divider to / so... I can't relate to that.

like windows dfhack should have advfort packaged normally and all you need to do next is to update the advfort.lua file only.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31