Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140732 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2015, 05:08:05 pm »

Ah the outsider stuff is probably because you don't belong to any civ, so you don't get any civ's reactions. That could be changed...

At line 1313 there is a function that sets up the stuff. You can choose any civ_id, finding the right one can be tricky... Though maybe just guessing might work... It's too late today to write a more exact function (basically just iterate over all historical entities and check if it's a civ and try find dwarven (or other race) one).

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2015, 07:04:34 pm »

Ah the outsider stuff is probably because you don't belong to any civ, so you don't get any civ's reactions. That could be changed...

At line 1313 there is a function that sets up the stuff. You can choose any civ_id, finding the right one can be tricky... Though maybe just guessing might work... It's too late today to write a more exact function (basically just iterate over all historical entities and check if it's a civ and try find dwarven (or other race) one).
Yeah, when testing it ingame I noticed that changing the civilization (civ_id) via the gm-editor would enable me to produce whatever civ I had chosen's things. Going by that I could only make a blowgun and ammo for it when looking at weapons, I guess it was some -man faction.

Thing is, this can be a workaround, sure, but not for the extreme case of there not being any civilizations around. Hm...I guess one could make a very specific civilization that only lives in the sea (if possible) or such, which can only spawn once per world and has few people or something, and give them the option to make everything...and change your own civ_id ingame then. Quite a complicated workaround though, sadly. Just wondered if there was a better way. I thought one would be able to always do the jobs given via the entity files for your race..
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2015, 06:12:49 am »

Hmmm, someone light the Rumrusher signal, he might have some insight on what is going on there, but I do know that outsiders seem to have a hidden civ type entity, hence the same "long hair, no beard, nude, copper spear+dagger" setup whether you start as a human, dorf, elf, or even a custom race, so long as it has hair it'll show up with the same basic layout.

If you could get an adventurer to mood you could force them to produce something not in the outsider OR entity stats by tweaking their preferences accordingly, but I assume that is only one-shot unless you can figure out how to unset all of the had-mood flags properly. I think I did it once but it ain't easy because there are a lot hidden in weird places.

It was actually easier to kill and just "turn off" being dead repeatedly to re-mood enable a dorf in fortress mode, resulting in Nish Shamelorbam wielding a crossbow made of her own bones, which she made after murdering her own ghosts and failing to butcher them, plus a cape made of her own skin, and training at a weapon rack made of her own bones.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:14:32 am by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2015, 08:56:40 am »

oh I notice this in the new version of advfort kinda was wondering why I didn't get access to Wooden swords in carpentry like I could in Fortmode.

yeah it's totally an edition thing. the old advfort workshop brings up the missing civ reactions.
though I have it set up to Companions or well units. so I guess you just need to redownload the old version of advfort alter the unit check to grab someone else then use a modified adv select to set a unit to take in the Compfort commands?
though warmist could or well had made a companion fort supplement where you can assign jobs to units not of yourself.
but I really need to rewrite the copy I have so I can gain access to the workshop from just by looking at it.
saves me time to just parking a unit on the spot.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2015, 09:39:38 am »

It could be cool to create books that allow you to craft stuff from other civs. Could be cool to craft for other races but i think that is not possible (at least easily).

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »

companion fort supplement where you can assign jobs to units not of yourself.
I'm not entirely understanding what you mean overall, but using companions is not really an option for a lone outsider on an island crowded with things which rather like to eat you than join you on your adventures.

It'd just be nice to have the workshop menus be set up from the race (-> entity data via race?) rather than being related to the civ_id (the civilization the adventurer is [not] part of). I looked into it a bit ... but currently I don't have my thoughts clear enough to understand it tbh.

EDIT:
Or is there maybe a way to just give "the outsider entity" (?!) the ability to do this stuff?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:41:14 pm by SyrusLD »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2015, 10:54:05 pm »

Uh, worth noting that Rumrusher is a wizard who recently worked out how to turn a slab turn a CONVERSATION into a "control anyone like they were a demon" gizmo option, not that you two aren't wizards as well, what with your working out how to yanno... let adventurers make slabs and stuff themselves... I should go back to wizard school myself.

Oh dear bloodgod I didn't realize you just add the invoke.lua to your scrips and then start a convo and do it. I've got a hydra minion following me around now and while screwing around with gm-editor and a dfhacked slab I accidentally turned myself into a master vampire (dark ages mod) so, w00t?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:30:06 pm by Max™ »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2015, 06:29:23 am »

companion fort supplement where you can assign jobs to units not of yourself.
I'm not entirely understanding what you mean overall, but using companions is not really an option for a lone outsider on an island crowded with things which rather like to eat you than join you on your adventures.

It'd just be nice to have the workshop menus be set up from the race (-> entity data via race?) rather than being related to the civ_id (the civilization the adventurer is [not] part of). I looked into it a bit ... but currently I don't have my thoughts clear enough to understand it tbh.

EDIT:
Or is there maybe a way to just give "the outsider entity" (?!) the ability to do this stuff?
Hmm... Currently outsider does not have an entity (i.e. it's set to -1 meaning invalid or non existant). But we could try creating and putting stuff into it. That could work with some ideas about how "secret recipies" or "tech-trees" would work.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2015, 11:26:45 am »

Uh, worth noting that Rumrusher is a wizard who recently worked out how to turn a slab turn a CONVERSATION into a "control anyone like they were a demon" gizmo option, not that you two aren't wizards as well, what with your working out how to yanno... let adventurers make slabs and stuff themselves... I should go back to wizard school myself.

Oh dear bloodgod I didn't realize you just add the invoke.lua to your scrips and then start a convo and do it. I've got a hydra minion following me around now and while screwing around with gm-editor and a dfhacked slab I accidentally turned myself into a master vampire (dark ages mod) so, w00t?
I also learn how to turn a blank slab into a secret holding slab by changing the type to SECRETS and typing in a random topic number. though it's how I realize demon conversation was hooked to convos than the slab.
then there's the new discovery of turning any site into a retirable one but it's mostly due to the site not having an entity_link or entity link's Anon_5 isn't set to -1.
so now it's possible for any adventurer to reitire on new site they just created. so currently working on a script that does that.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:22 am »

goddamn dfhack wizardry

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2015, 11:24:31 pm »

Hm...so improvements don't work yet?
I tried encrusting things with gems and while it takes the items it doesn't produce anything. Same with studding armor/weapons with metal.
And sewing leather images into cloths I couldn't test since it wouldn't allow me to use the leather cloths I made... :/

forrest1777

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2015, 10:18:38 pm »

Hi, something strange happened with me today. I'm trying to make a helm from a warthog skull and, when the job is finished, the item doesn't appear. The same happens when trying to decorate an item. Is this a known bug?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2015, 10:25:50 pm »

The decoration is, and I've only had success getting the bones to work for making stuff unfortunately, as I had a similar idea about a dragon skull helm.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2015, 06:26:58 am »

Some news in this front:
  • Fixed some bugs
  • Added quick mode (where it autofills and starts working if it can), can be enabled by "-q" or pressing "Q"
  • Added better display for site and "-s"afe mode when you want to be sure your changes will persist

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2015, 06:48:53 pm »

Awesome, works marvelously, hacked up the items for an anvil, it just built it in Q mode properly, dropped some steel and coal bars, it just forged the items appropriately and when it ran out it told me it failed because of quick select items.

Hmmm, trying to reproduce it, first time I went further north from the tower nearby after making the stuff and went to fast travel and it crashed. I wasn't in the site when I made it (and it displayed that info properly!) so I loaded up and tried again near the site and it didn't crash. Gonna see if I can get it to crash by building it in the same spot as the crash did.

Weird, can't reproduce it.

Using dfhack without twbt, usually it's absurdly stable, built a forge, made an axe and pick and flask, it told me when it failed, went further north and tried to move east and it crashed. Did it again but it didn't crash this time so I don't think it's specifically an advfort thing. Oh and the forge persisted properly in the tower site!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:56:40 pm by Max™ »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31