Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 140463 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2015, 02:22:53 am »

So, um... what's this imbue thing supposed to do anyway?  All it seems to do is change the name of the materials of my items into other materials while saying "you make nothing" or something like that.
It's a flavor thing... It annoys me that you make a dagger out of dragon bone and it's just "Dragon bone dagger". Imbue changes that to "Miracleblast the scary bone dagger".

That's...  That's not vanilla.  I believe you're playing a mod.  Advfort shouldn't create new reactions.
I guess you are right. Should probably remove it... (but i wont because you don't need to use/install it and i'm very lazy/busy/crazy)

How exactly do I go about smelting down Coke items? Like Lignite and Bituminous, etc. It doesn't show up on the Smelter.
Will check it out as soon as i'll have some time (hopefully in 8ish hours)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2015, 04:15:13 am »

Wait, the current advfort doesn't have the imbue thing does it? I was looking for that a while back which is why I ended up adding in the skull templates so I could have dragon skull helms and hydra nail daggers and such.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2015, 09:34:30 am »

Wait, the current advfort doesn't have the imbue thing does it? I was looking for that a while back which is why I ended up adding in the skull templates so I could have dragon skull helms and hydra nail daggers and such.
It itself does not have it. But the recommended install has two things: imbue thing and the thing that allows to use figurines to make sites.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2015, 07:13:47 pm »

Dammit, that's where it was!

I knew I wasn't insane, I just couldn't figure out where those went.

Hmmm, I was trying to make it so I could have two reactions, one to make a 2x1 and one to make a 1x2 but I think I did something wrong.

I added in the relevant reactions, I've got the init.lua saved into df/hack/scripts (should it go in gui or something?), made a new world with the reactions, used it, produced the small rock, nothing else.

No error or anything either.
Code: [Select]
local eventful=require("plugins.eventful")
function add_site(size,civ,site_type,name)
local x=(df.global.world.map.region_x+1)%16;
local y=(df.global.world.map.region_y+1)%16;
local minx,miny,maxx,maxy
if(x<size) then
minx=0
maxx=1*size
elseif(x+size>16) then
maxx=16
minx=16-1*size
else
minx=x-size
maxx=x+size
end

if(y<size) then
miny=0
maxy=0
elseif(y+size>16) then
maxy=16
miny=16
else
miny=y-size
maxy=y+size
end

require("plugins.dfusion.adv_tools").addSite(nil,nil,maxx,minx,maxy,miny,civ,name,site_type)
end

function reaction(reaction,reaction_product,unit,input_items,input_reagents,output_items,call_native)
require("gui.dialogs").showInputPrompt("Site name", "Select a name for a new site:", nil,nil, dfhack.curry(add_site,1,unit.civ_id,0))
call_native.value=false
end

eventful.registerReaction("LUA_HOOK_MAKE_SITE2x1",reaction)

local eventful=require("plugins.eventful")
function add_site(size,civ,site_type,name)
local x=(df.global.world.map.region_x+1)%16;
local y=(df.global.world.map.region_y+1)%16;
local minx,miny,maxx,maxy
if(x<size) then
minx=0
maxx=0
elseif(x+size>16) then
maxx=16
minx=16
else
minx=x-size
maxx=x+size
end

if(y<size) then
miny=0
maxy=1*size
elseif(y+size>16) then
maxy=16
miny=16-1*size
else
miny=y-size
maxy=y+size
end

require("plugins.dfusion.adv_tools").addSite(nil,nil,maxx,minx,maxy,miny,civ,name,site_type)
end

function reaction(reaction,reaction_product,unit,input_items,input_reagents,output_items,call_native)
require("gui.dialogs").showInputPrompt("Site name", "Select a name for a new site:", nil,nil, dfhack.curry(add_site,1,unit.civ_id,0))
call_native.value=false
end

eventful.registerReaction("LUA_HOOK_MAKE_SITE1x2",reaction)

Oh wait, I see, the init.lua goes in df/raw!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:16:44 pm by Max™ »

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2016, 11:47:03 pm »

Seems like FellTree isn't working for me in the new version (using the alpha DFHack).  Most of the other stuff works great, though.

Verified functional:
* Clean
* Fish
* Build
* Workshop tasks
* DigChannel
* Dig

[edit]Actually, never mind, my own fault.  I was using a modded "simple" axe from DF Wanderer, which isn't valid.  Dang.  Works fine with a jan-u-wine iron battle axe.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:51:30 pm by JT »
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 15, 2016, 12:42:05 pm »

Workshops' clutter doesn't reduce after clearing outputs. This is especially conspicuous with unskilled Strand Extraction.

I've found that furniture planted in lairs will disappear if it's in a mined spaced. Furniture planted in the original floor layout will persist, and workshops built in mined space will be fine.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 15, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »

Workshops' clutter doesn't reduce after clearing outputs. This is especially conspicuous with unskilled Strand Extraction.

I've found that furniture planted in lairs will disappear if it's in a mined spaced. Furniture planted in the original floor layout will persist, and workshops built in mined space will be fine.
There is a command "lair" that marks the whole map as lair. That MIGHT help, not sure... It could be that lairs save only parts that belong to the orignal lair.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 15, 2016, 04:34:18 pm »

There is a command "lair" that marks the whole map as lair. That MIGHT help, not sure... It could be that lairs save only parts that belong to the orignal lair.
If the workshops persisted, it must already be marked lair (in case the dragon there didn't already make it obvious.) And lairs appear to save every modification with the exception that I just described. Furniture will vanish if it's built on tiles that were not originally floor, though any contents will be strewn around the map rather than lost. That includes grates, but I haven't tested with bars.

EDIT: I was mistaken about the clutter effect; the amount of time in ticks it takes to complete each and every task gradually increases. Even detailing floors in sequence takes a little longer and longer. Is it because I'm not drunk enough, or not dwarf enough for sustained work?

EDIT: Ah, it was the first. One swig of booze reduced time costs by 2/3. Another didn't make an immediate difference, but maybe the effect lasts longer.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:56:08 am by Uzu Bash »

Enforcer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2016, 11:56:29 pm »

Sooo.. How exactly do you claim a site?

I followed this "Warmist has a good rundown on how to do a buncha stuff. First go to DFHack and type createitem FIGURINE INORGANIC:IRON 1   (caps are important), then grab the figurine (make sure it isn't in your backpack) hit x and claim a proper site" But nothing happened when i hit x (i assume it just means the x key?) but yeah cant figure it out.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 25, 2016, 01:55:50 am »

There's a lua hook for the reactions that has to be put in too.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2016, 03:58:52 pm »

I like killing night trolls and taking over their lairs for advfort purpose
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2016, 04:59:36 pm »

I haven't tried this yet, but it would be fun to build a big minecart track through those long rows of werebeast lairs. Just use the 'lair' command so it'll stay put.

Wind power might be available, and if there's a river or brook just offsite of one, you could dig a trench into the site proper and build a waterwheel.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 07, 2016, 09:50:05 am »

I thought I had freshly discovered a product in game when I made feather tree thread. Then I spun a divine metal spear into thread. That can't be legit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2016, 04:30:18 pm »

Several bugs in 42.06:

When constructing I've been finding foreign objects in the material selection. For example when building floors underground, I found glumprong logs as the first selection. There aren't any glumprongs on the ground, in my inventory, or in the entire biome. I also accidentally built aboveground floors with pear wood blocks when I haven't made any, and there are no pear trees around to make them from. These non-existent logs and blocks are selectable from random tiles, usually a few of them in a row.

I left a stack of ginko logs on the northeast corner of a carpenter's shop, and when I returned to use them, I got the leatherworks menu selection instead. I can still perform carpenter's jobs on any other tile. I built a leatherworks 1 zlvl beneath it, but there's wood block flooring covering the floor of the carpenter's shop, and no Open Space gap between them. Possibly related; both shops are constructed from ginko block. The flooring is apricot.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2016, 06:51:34 pm »

I love how the description of the workshop sounds like an in-game description.

This is an exceptional carpenter's shop. It menaces with spikes of frustration and sweat. The work area is constructed from ginko blocks. The flooring is apricot. On the item is an image of Uzu Bash and night trolls. The night trolls are cowering. Uzu Bash is striking a triumphant pose. The night trolls are melting.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31