Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 141151 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort building (aka dfhack r3 was released)
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 12:15:10 am »

Brewing requires a barrel and I get no crashes at all when trying to do it, strange.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dragoon_103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 02:16:48 am »

i found some bugs that happen when you use this and im not sure if their fixable but il post some of the bugs that i found any ways.

- Making drink at the Still crashes game upon item completion
- lots of options to craft stuff not there (this could be due to a lack of skill the adventurer has but im pretty new to df so yeah...)
- Dismantling any stone wall such as a tomb spawns a very small amount of magma at your feet and it is pickup able... and then melts you (again not sure if this happens in normal fortmode)

Found a few more but i forgot them... damn
just tested that by making a barrel, and grabbing plants from a town farm so far yeah you can make a drink from it.
more so made prinkle berry wine. so that's not the case, can you explain what tools you use and which type of plant?

it was probable because i did not have a barrel when i did it and i was just doing it outside a house in a hamlet  with prickle berries.

when you place down a farmers workshop and you open up the crafting their is no choices except for the search bar.

and that's about all that i have found so far will continue to post with any one bugs that i might find (but be warned i am still a noob when it comes to DF so half the "bugs" that i will be posting will most likely be an error on my part)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2013, 02:26:43 am »

it was probable because i did not have a barrel when i did it and i was just doing it outside a house in a hamlet  with prickle berries.

when you place down a farmers workshop and you open up the crafting their is no choices except for the search bar.
Thanks. This might help to hunt down the bugs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2013, 04:28:16 am »

Wait so the glitch is doing the job with out having a barrel.
Wait no the game seems to not do anything and allows me to prep the job if I bring the a brew-able item(it just places the item into the workshop). so that can't be it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 04:54:11 am »

it glitched for me with a barrel

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 06:04:41 am »

okay so by glitched you mean you can't do any actions and time was moving forward?
if that then you need to get another advfort then remove a script in it that check viewscreen/focus so you can run the script even if the previous one is still going.
that way when the first one bugs out over an error you can use another one to set another job ontop of the failed one so your adventurer could break free of the realtime hold.
warmist made a strip to 'fix' this but I kinda lost it over having another way to combat "BSOD Fort mode job syndrome". It sucks but advfort is pretty rough and just as dangerous as any other thing in Dfhack.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 07:32:48 am »

Amazing, a lot of this would be great for the museum adventure succession game, if at least this does not affect the stability of the save game, or anything.

Currently there is a way to make your own site (so that constructions are not forgotten when you leave) and it should work better (i.e. making stuff without a site is a really big hack...). Unfortunately it's plagued by another DF bug- when you sleep or move in/out the same site DF loads creatures+adds some more from populations thus effectively exponentially growing the population. This makes ALL the sites lag as hell because after few sleeps or travels (to hoard stuff to your epic brewery) local unit count is 3000 and it sucks all the fps.

So does usage of adventure fort building introduce this bug currently, or would it only do so if the sites were properly stored?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 07:46:01 am »

Amazing, a lot of this would be great for the museum adventure succession game, if at least this does not affect the stability of the save game, or anything.

Currently there is a way to make your own site (so that constructions are not forgotten when you leave) and it should work better (i.e. making stuff without a site is a really big hack...). Unfortunately it's plagued by another DF bug- when you sleep or move in/out the same site DF loads creatures+adds some more from populations thus effectively exponentially growing the population. This makes ALL the sites lag as hell because after few sleeps or travels (to hoard stuff to your epic brewery) local unit count is 3000 and it sucks all the fps.

So does usage of adventure fort building introduce this bug currently, or would it only do so if the sites were properly stored?
it's more oh god the population is loading in to what it thinks a ongoing fort site and not some other site and thus if you don't kull the new population by murdering every single animal. though I haven't got this issue from DWARF_HOLE, but I end up with random hostile forces invading instead of local wildlife.
this happens to forts and abandon human forts aswell, it's not a huge factor to adventure crafting more so it common in living at a player fort that wildlife try to take over the area.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 07:54:48 am »

I think that (in vanilla) that bug only occurs in abandoned forts. In the museum game (which I linked above) the museum is situated in a regular keep of a large town, not a fortress site. It must have been loaded/slept in/travelled through more than 50 times, but it is not showing signs of this bug (it is slightly laggy due to the fact that 35000+ items are stored at the site though)

So DFhack treats the site for adventure crafting temporarily as a fortress and will load new creatures into the site? if so I will have to use crafting with caution.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:59:36 am by Bralbaard »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 08:06:01 am »

I think that (in vanilla) that bug only occurs in abandoned forts. In the museum game (which I linked above) the museum is situated in a regular keep of a large town, not a fortress site. It must have been loaded/slept in/travelled through more than 50 times, but it is not showing signs of this bug (it is slightly laggy due to the fact that 35000+ items are stored at the site though)

So DFhack treats the site for adventure crafting temporarily as a fortress and will load new creatures into the site? if so I will have to use crafting with caution.
Hmm this is interesting... I was bout to ask you this because yesterday i was digging through df trying to find how to fix this. Although what you say is strange (how did you made tables, building etc? if it's not a fortress site?)
This might be also that some sites are prone to this, some are not. But bug is really in vanilla. Happened to me at least twice while trying to reclaim an old site (although I did not know what was happening at that time).
As for special loading/unloading: no we cannot do that even if we wanted. It uses everything that already exists, because creating stuff is hard and loading stuff is extra hard :)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 08:59:28 am »

okay so by glitched you mean you can't do any actions and time was moving forward?
crash to desktop

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2013, 09:12:16 am »

ptw because I JUST WANT TO FARM! :'(
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2013, 09:13:48 am »

... what you say is strange (how did you made tables, building etc? if it's not a fortress site?)

The tables were not build, just dragged from a nearby fortress site and dropped at convenient spots in the museum. For our purposes that has worked fine so far, except for the fact that stonesense renders the tables upside down  ::). Nothing else was changed at the keep except for all the stuff adventurers dragged in and a couple of murders..

Dragoon_103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »

Finally figured out what causes the crash when brewing with the still.
if you have the berries in your backpack when you initiate the brewing your person will start to do the brewing but after around "working" 26 or 9 the game freezes and basically crashes.
 even if there is other berries right next to the still it will attempt to use the berries in your inventory and then crash.

to conteract this all you need to do is drop all the berries next or on the still then do the brewing. i guess its just a minor inconvenience
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:06:32 pm by Dragoon_103 »

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »

This is amazing! I've always wanted adventure mode to be like this, making my own things and building my own house. Too bad about the bugs, though.
I'm only really having problems making prepared meals in the kitchen and doing things above or below myself. Whenever I try to make a prepared meal, my adventurer just walks to one corner of the kitchen and stands there regardless of whether or not I have food items left out to use. Anyone have any advice?
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31