Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 139364 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2014, 03:10:23 am »

After having plenty of fun, i really wonder why being able to do the Fortress actions hasn't been implemented in adventure mode from the beginning, advfort is showing that it works great and add a lot much more things to do.
That is probably because of what Toady One intends to have in adventure mode. He was mentioning tool based crafting as opposed to workshops based. Also currently advfort does not enforce building/etc in non sites which is dangerous - at best it will not be saved (thus can be abused to get resources) at worst it will crash (e.g. engraving walls in random wilderness). Solution for it would be either prohibit it, or create new sites where are none (that is that additions do). And this could lead to great inflation of save sizes (and maybe huge lag?) if there are tons of such sites.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:16 am »

never got the crash from carving a wall bit. Though kinda bum out that I couldn't build a Tree fort in towns since Trees in adventure mode acts like Town walls and come back if you reload the area.
though I guess this means I need to do this somewhere else.
that said building Tree forts are great, when your character stops falling out of the tree that is.
Wonder why dwarves tend to horribly collapse trees if they build stuff in them in fort mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2014, 03:23:25 pm »

Just posting to inform of an update... Soon my dream of building my inn will be complete and then the world will be mine!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2014, 03:49:55 pm »

Just posting to inform of an update... Soon my dream of building my inn will be complete and then the world will be mine!
Does your inn have a functioning jacuzzi?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2014, 04:10:58 pm »

No it does not. But it might have a functioning corpse chute, straight to the ... ehem... chefs.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2014, 04:36:07 pm »

This is so cool. After I play around with it for a bit I think a community game of some sort is in order. :)
()==[:::::::::::::>

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2014, 08:55:56 pm »

No it does not. But it might have a functioning corpse chute, straight to the ... ehem... chefs.
best way to get that jacuzzi built in is to get a bunch of pumps set up to cause the water to flow back into the pool, then create a nice heated mist that brings a good mood to npcs also doubles as a wash.
that or make an custom workshop in a pit that generates Large amounts of water. but the Chefs bit got me wondering, is it possible to use manager to order jobs for companions and have them wait in workshops ready for the next task?
This is so cool. After I play around with it for a bit I think a community game of some sort is in order. :)
not against this but man feel like one could just pull off a DF Cribs style look at this fort that normally can't be made in Fort mode thread, like a room hidden from the rest of the base that can only be access by launching off a minecart and Catching a small 1 tile wall, then the whole place is rig to fill with lava, and the bunker has a pick axe, minecart, and a pitcher of water so you can create a single 1/7 tile of water to cool the magma and seal yourself in from invaders rest of the world because you need sleep.

Kinda wish I got that Cage-o-matic gun from the druids build working because arming dorks with cage guns and plopping them near the entrance of base seems like a great plan for building a zoo.

time to show off adv-Forts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:17:37 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2014, 03:35:45 am »

Yeah i am continuously turning some ideas in my head. I'm thinking of making some sort of scenario-community game. Where every X plays i would edit something in the world to move the scenario forward. I think stuff like this was never done before (mostly because there is not a lot of people that could do that).

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »

Been working on new feature (who needs bug fixes anyways?):
few pictures

edit:Oh btw that is not normal operation of that feature. That is "cheat mode" for more fun situations (e.g. crafting walls out of bones of your enemies)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2014, 06:00:59 pm »

Been working on new feature (who needs bug fixes anyways?):
few pictures

edit:Oh btw that is not normal operation of that feature. That is "cheat mode" for more fun situations (e.g. crafting walls out of bones of your enemies)

okay so normally you can't build constructions in trees just around them due to the game deleting the tree completely , now I learn that bridges work perfectly fine on tree leaves, so you can carpet Trees with bridge parts for ease of travel, and just use walls and roads on open space (note bridges don't support constructions so don't just make a huge bridge to nowhere and try to build a house suspended from that).

oh and word of wise with building on site, make sure you don't cross the site boundaries or you might return to see a walk way in shammbles while the rest of the house looks normal.
pictures of my tree-fort

"body swapping and YOU!"

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2014, 02:44:42 pm »

ZOMG awsum

So I'm trying to add some of the extra scripts to init.lua

I'm just using the latest LNP, and can only find either the advfort.lua I updated or the no-dfhack-init.lua to place those in.

Is init.lua some extra file? Do I need to create it?

Sorry for possibly dumb question.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2014, 02:56:42 pm »

ZOMG awsum

So I'm trying to add some of the extra scripts to init.lua

I'm just using the latest LNP, and can only find either the advfort.lua I updated or the no-dfhack-init.lua to place those in.

Sorry for possibly dumb question.
Lnp might not yet include new advfort (fixed for new df). And there is no need to add anything to init.lua. You need (well it's easier to use) if you keybind gui/advfort to something.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2014, 03:05:18 pm »

Sorry either I wasn't clear enough or I am misunderstanding.

I'm trying to add these: https://gist.github.com/warmist/5081626

Where it says to add them to init.lua

I already updated the advfort.lua with what you have in the first post, and I've edited the reactions, just don't know where to put the add_site and reaction_imbue functions.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »

ah
this part and this part goes to init.lua. Other parts go to respective raws (raw/objects) file (e.g. to raw\objects\reaction_smelter.txt )

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2014, 05:21:47 pm »

ah
this part and this part goes to init.lua. Other parts go to respective raws (raw/objects) file (e.g. to raw\objects\reaction_smelter.txt )

Yeah, I've got all that down, the part that's getting me is that I can't find init.lua anywhere:

*EDIT* I searched through the dfhack thread, so I'm trying this: I created a file called init.lua and placed it in DwarfFortress/raw, then put that stuff in it. Hope it works!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:54:14 pm by Isher »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31