Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 139374 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2016, 10:14:25 pm »

Most of the workshops don't work for me, frankly I'm only interested in getting gems and then refinining them, thankfully the jewellers shop does work, but then after sometime it didn't craft anything, it just yanked the gems that I tried to cut and put it in the area where normally itd have to be cut, and if I try more and more times the "timer" just increases number but doesn't count down. What's happening?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 05, 2016, 11:17:19 am »

Most of the workshops don't work for me, frankly I'm only interested in getting gems and then refinining them, thankfully the jewellers shop does work, but then after sometime it didn't craft anything, it just yanked the gems that I tried to cut and put it in the area where normally itd have to be cut, and if I try more and more times the "timer" just increases number but doesn't count down. What's happening?
lucky it destroyed the stuff I was trying to encrust gems in
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:55:36 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 07, 2016, 11:53:39 am »

Man must that suck. I bet it was something very valuable.
Jerry.
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)

faloxx

• Bay Watcher
  • Petting a dragon is not a good idea, trust me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2016, 10:43:24 am »

I'll start off by saying this is an amazing plugin, I've been hooked since I found out about it yesterday. Though I have a small issue.
So I managed to claim a site in using the figurine thing. All constructions and workshops persist, very cool stuff.
The issue is though, is that it shows up and gets treated as an unclaimed ruin; all dropped items scatter around the site, I can't retire and I get random rotten bodies from time to time.
Is there any way to change it to an active site so I won't have all that?

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2016, 11:50:42 am »

Wait figurine? I'm also interested in getting this "active site" thing, I tried to use dfusion but nope, all my crap just scattered everywhere. Had to restart like a 40 minute playtime section to before that. I'd killed a very difficult creature too :/ (well pretty much all the night creatures are difficult to me. Got my face pushed in so hard by those web slinger and my badass companion whwho faught it barehanded cuz it couldnt use a crossbow died. So long logolus. Gah annoying bugger"
Jerry.

faloxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2016, 04:40:33 pm »

Wait figurine? I'm also interested in getting this "active site" thing, I tried to use dfusion but nope, all my crap just scattered everywhere. Had to restart like a 40 minute playtime section to before that. I'd killed a very difficult creature too :/ (well pretty much all the night creatures are difficult to me. Got my face pushed in so hard by those web slinger and my badass companion whwho faught it barehanded cuz it couldnt use a crossbow died. So long logolus. Gah annoying bugger"

Yes, you can follow Isher's guide, spawn in a figurine and claim a site anywhere. Though it just spawns an abandoned player fortress. Again, constructions and workshops persist. Dropped items will just scatter.

Still haven't figured out how to change the site type though. Reclaiming it through fortress mode, leaving dwarves there and then challenging them for the site in adventure mode brought up nothing either. The site just turned into a ruin again after I killed them all, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2016, 03:41:36 am »

I'll start off by saying this is an amazing plugin, I've been hooked since I found out about it yesterday. Though I have a small issue.
So I managed to claim a site in using the figurine thing. All constructions and workshops persist, very cool stuff.
The issue is though, is that it shows up and gets treated as an unclaimed ruin; all dropped items scatter around the site, I can't retire and I get random rotten bodies from time to time.
Is there any way to change it to an active site so I won't have all that?
type "lair" in the command prompt

faloxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2016, 03:29:39 pm »

type "lair" in the command prompt

That did the trick. Thanks a bunch!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess
« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2016, 10:19:16 am »

So new df has adventurer forts... I was hoping i could let this die. Unfortunately it still does not have most of the stuff i'm interested in. So next dfhack (the one that will support 43.xx) will have updated advfort.

Mostly bug fixes. Also i ask you to place issues in my github place: https://github.com/warmist/dfhack/issues Cause i'm too forgetful/lazy i guess.

Also hopefully someone will research how the vanilla system works and we would be able to hijack it for our own needs (at least for some buildings etc...)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:23:28 am by Warmist »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »

Yeah, I'll be molesting it with gm-editor to figure out everything I can for sure.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2016, 05:36:01 am »

bump to remind people that now you can mix advfort with adventurer fort making (e.g. you can make site with vanilla df and furnish it with advfort)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2016, 12:34:45 pm »

Yeah, it's handy as heck being able to make bridges, levers, build statues, windows, and so forth.

Bowen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2016, 06:58:49 pm »

Thanks for keeping this mod alive, I really enjoy being able to build both my home and my character the way I want, and I can't do that without forging a few weapons and armors... which requires mining the metals and etc.
I don't mind learning life's lessons from "The School of Hard Knocks," but taking the refresher courses from there kills me.

faloxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 24, 2016, 04:53:44 pm »

So I updated to the new DF version to check out the new vanilla fort thing, which is great, but lacks some features. Hence I looked for this plugin again so I could complete my adventure mode experience.
Now, everything was working fine; I could fish, I could chop trees (with the vanilla option), set up camp (also with the vanilla option), but also mine, set up workshops and work in them. Until I tried to make some leather stuff..
Every time I try to make something out of leather I get a crash upon completion. Doesn't matter what the item is, it just crashes. The error logs don't give me anything either. So I tried updating the plugin, since I had it from the LNP, so I figured it might have been an older version. But it still crashes on making something. Afterwards I checked the error logs again and I found DFhack loading the plugin, but giving me an error message:

Invoking: gui/advfort
UNKNOWN CLASS 'interface_button_building_custom_category_selectorst': vtable = 0x1bdc738
Invoking: gui/advfort

I don't know if it has to do with leather working, I don't even know if it has anything to do with advfort, but it's the only error I could find.
Oh, and I'm running version 0.43.03, in case that might be the issue. Any idea what's up with this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 24, 2016, 07:35:48 pm »

gui/advfort is a script, not a plugin. (You'd have to recompile most of DFHack to upgrade a plugin.) The "UNKNOWN CLASS" message means that DFHack encountered an object of type "interface_button_building_custom_category_selectorst", which it doesn't recognize (which is expected, since nobody has mapped that structure yet, apparently).

Anyway, the second "Invoking:" line is from when you ran gui/advfort a second time, which effectively means the earlier one, with the error message, couldn't have crashed. Of course, the lack of detail after that also means I don't know what the crash is. I imagine something item-related or leather-related has changed that advfort (or DFHack) isn't taking into account, but besides that, Warmist would know more about this than I would.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31