Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 139366 times)

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2016, 10:45:52 am »

with the recent addition of adventurer sites, they work just like the figurine trick right?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2016, 10:53:07 am »

with the recent addition of adventurer sites, they work just like the figurine trick right?
Vanilla site creation works better :)

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2016, 11:15:32 am »

just what a though. now are stockpiles supposed to be buildable? because they dont really work but its not like you need em right? also whats that tool workshop? other than that it doesnt work, i cant find anything about it on wiki. Also it seems like satisfying needs seems to speed up work. Is that true?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 01:41:43 pm by adamkad1 »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2016, 10:11:18 am »

just what a though. now are stockpiles supposed to be buildable? because they dont really work but its not like you need em right? also whats that tool workshop? other than that it doesnt work, i cant find anything about it on wiki. Also it seems like satisfying needs seems to speed up work. Is that true?
Ah that is probably um... fake building for tools? not sure.

Also satisfying needs speed up almost everything.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57:21 pm »

now just wish they added ways to satisfy needs you cant yet satify.  despite novice skills my character only stumbles into incredibly easily persuadable chars and i cant change my values to minimze impacts of unsatisfiable needs. also gonna be posting stuff at your github.
Also if possible, mayby add a option to build a anvil or post how to set up reaction for making stone anvil, so people dont have to bother looking for it (its not that simple to make new reactions, and you probally know it)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:05:54 pm by adamkad1 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2016, 03:44:36 am »

now just wish they added ways to satisfy needs you cant yet satify.  despite novice skills my character only stumbles into incredibly easily persuadable chars and i cant change my values to minimze impacts of unsatisfiable needs. also gonna be posting stuff at your github.
Also if possible, mayby add a option to build a anvil or post how to set up reaction for making stone anvil, so people dont have to bother looking for it (its not that simple to make new reactions, and you probally know it)
hmm I dunno dfhacking stuff is alot complex than modding adventure mode to make an anvil especially adventure reactions, which is that or using itemcreate for anvils.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2016, 10:01:55 am »

In advmode you can make stone anvils, just add this reaction to the raws. it's pretty simple adding adv reactions, what's your problem with it?
[REACTION:STONEANVILADV]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [NAME:make a stone anvil]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NO_SUBTYPE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:KNAPPING]can be replaced with any skill you want
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2016, 09:28:33 am »

I dont have problems, but a new reaction requires you to make a new world, and some people dont read this, and dont realize they need a anvil untill they need one. Sure, dfhack spawning a anvil is simple and the command is easily googleable but it would be something i guess?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:30:09 am by adamkad1 »

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 18, 2016, 02:38:00 pm »

Also are there any workarounds to items you try to decorate just poofing? i tried putting it in slot one and two but it didnt work, though console had "fallback" on it and the remaining bones from stack warped to mid tile of workshop
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:47:07 pm by adamkad1 »

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 20, 2016, 06:13:48 pm »

making coke crashes the game upon completion. guess ill smack in some magma with dfhack instead

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 20, 2016, 08:48:02 pm »

What DF+DFHack version?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 21, 2016, 01:24:30 pm »

I dont have problems, but a new reaction requires you to make a new world, and some people dont read this, and dont realize they need a anvil untill they need one. Sure, dfhack spawning a anvil is simple and the command is easily googleable but it would be something i guess?
Actually you can replace the innards of a useless reaction with the one you want in-save. you can also do this with creatures, and items, but it might cause crashing, depending on what you change.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2016, 10:20:25 am »

Actually you can replace the innards of a useless reaction with the one you want in-save. you can also do this with creatures, and items, but it might cause crashing, depending on what you change.

Well adding a new reaction actually just needs you to retire and unretire which is easier and safer for DF but still you cant know how much mess your char will make. or will he survive.
So besides that, have you figured out any reactions/interactions to remove CAN_LEARN from enemies? The workshops of this mod dont suffer from the recent bug, thankfully, but im looking how to properly setup one for when im not doing adv fort
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:49:10 pm by adamkad1 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2016, 03:04:37 am »

Well adding a new reaction actually just needs you to retire and unretire which is easier and safer for DF but still you cant know how much mess your char will make. or will he survive.
So besides that, have you figured out any reactions/interactions to remove CAN_LEARN from enemies? The workshops of this mod dont suffer from the recent bug, thankfully, but im looking how to properly setup one for when im not doing adv fort
interactions fall into the same pull of not needing to world gen if you modify an older interaction. but technically meaning modifying the spit to something else.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2016, 01:53:09 pm »

Now a bunch of questions
1-do dwarves have any things unique to them still? i havent really noticed, and my nondwarves werent from dwarvish civilisations
2-any ideas on whats wrong with decorating? lacking the preserve reagent tag or what?
3-any progress on fixing plant gathering? would be fun to do even though i set up a reaction to turn growths into seeds in meantime
4-any ideas on making coke crash?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31