Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 139371 times)

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2016, 03:45:44 pm »

mayby divine metal comes from smelting rocks?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2016, 09:20:17 am »

or dwarf fortress will make the production if you follow the recipe as close as possible.
okay further testing proven that charcoal acts as a fuel in this reaction which removes it from how the product would look like as shoving 3 charcoal to make platemail ended up losing all 3 pieces and 2 pieces just lead to making what ever material I had as the third.
using anything else just causes the game to take the largest supply of the resources used in making the product and make that the material the item is made of.

that said I'm concern over what makes a small rock work over any other material? probably it null state.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2017, 06:50:58 am »

How could I tame my dragon?
I have a cage.

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 29, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »

I've built myself a smelter, but it doesn't have the "Workshop (TAB)" option when I am standing on it in adventurer fort mode...any advice?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 30, 2017, 11:34:38 am »

taming a dragon probably won't have any benefits as the tame tag doesn't really do much in adventure mode, as tamed creatures in fort mode would revert to their civ alignment and go nuts.
you could try using a different script to say bind the dragon to your will.
"body swapping and YOU!"

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 09, 2017, 02:36:53 am »

I've built myself a smelter, but it doesn't have the "Workshop (TAB)" option when I am standing on it in adventurer fort mode...any advice?
Give up on life? From what I hear that isnt possible to do yet (smelting in adventure mode)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2017, 01:39:20 pm »

Does Advfort still even work with the game now? I don't see anything in the DFhack commands, nor can I even open Dfhack.init
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2017, 02:30:30 pm »

well advfort is a gui script and doesn't normally pop up in the dfhack commands due to it being in a folder label gui in the scripts folder,  it mostly typing 'gui/advfort' would get the script to run.
I don't know how to answer the second part.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 16, 2017, 07:53:33 pm »

Oh yup, I see it.. time to figure it out...

[Edit] Might as well as toy with it too, to see the limits considered the character im on now isn't gunna be serious or the world till the update comes out... been waiting months ;-;
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:57:31 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2017, 01:51:44 pm »

Actually, For Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, is it possible to highlight multiple areas instead of just 1 spot?

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2018, 09:59:33 pm »

Something that has become unclear for me is how to enable modes such as cheat mode or NoDAssign, any idea or instructions on how I can enable them?

Also, is there anyway to find out the ingredients for certain reactions, as sometimes there is things like
Code: [Select]
02. Filled (0/1):
01. Filled (150/150): gold bars
Which is frustrating as I have tried everything that I could think of such as maybe using blunt weapons or things like that, but no dice.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2018, 09:39:13 am »

Something that has become unclear for me is how to enable modes such as cheat mode or NoDAssign, any idea or instructions on how I can enable them?

Also, is there anyway to find out the ingredients for certain reactions, as sometimes there is things like
Code: [Select]
02. Filled (0/1):
01. Filled (150/150): gold bars
Which is frustrating as I have tried everything that I could think of such as maybe using blunt weapons or things like that, but no dice.
it should be listed in the advfort lua file on what to add on to Advfort in the console to unlock the restrictions. usually I just mod advfort so that I can use any material with any crafting recipe so one could make a bone sword or make skin mechanisms.

but really it's should be "advfort -a -i -c" in the dfhack console
"body swapping and YOU!"

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2018, 10:46:35 am »

Ok thank you.
it should be listed in the advfort lua file on what to add on to Advfort in the console to unlock the restrictions. usually I just mod advfort so that I can use any material with any crafting recipe so one could make a bone sword or make skin mechanisms.

I have tried to imput that myself after reading up on the lua console, but it always tells me that it is not a recognized command.
Also you mentioned modding advfort, i've always thought that it was reactions for the requirements however everytime that I searched for it, they were never there or the results for me were inconclusive.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 07, 2018, 11:44:29 am »

Ok thank you.

I have tried to imput that myself after reading up on the lua console, but it always tells me that it is not a recognized command.
Also you mentioned modding advfort, i've always thought that it was reactions for the requirements however everytime that I searched for it, they were never there or the results for me were inconclusive.
when I mean modding advfort I mean going into the lua to find the restrictions to doing jobs and removing them usually it's in the actions section of the lua with a list of options that has functions tied to it. probably best to make a copy of advfort so you can avoid editing the main copy ...and if you horribly break it. now it's possible to just tell npcs to do fort mode jobs in adventure mode but the process of doing that will take some time on site.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2018, 04:36:04 pm »

Is there a way to get CUSTOM_FURNACEs working with this? I can build them, but they have blank reaction lists and seem to take the appearance of whatever building I constructed last.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31