Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 139368 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess
« Reply #435 on: January 29, 2020, 06:22:54 am »

a thing that took me a long time to figure out was how, with workshops, the tile that you start building in will become the top-left tile of the workshop. but if that tile of that particular workshop is a move-blocking tile, you won't be able to finish building while you're standing on it (the job will keep suspending).  so if you start such a workshop using '5' (build at current location), you'll have to move to another tile once it suspends and continue building from there.  thinking about it now, i guess it can be trivially avoided if you just always build your workshops using '6', '3', or '2', so that you're definitely not standing on it...
I'm continuing the time honored tradition of DF UI complexity :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 29, 2020, 05:06:02 pm »

a thing that took me a long time to figure out was how, with workshops, the tile that you start building in will become the top-left tile of the workshop. but if that tile of that particular workshop is a move-blocking tile, you won't be able to finish building while you're standing on it (the job will keep suspending).  so if you start such a workshop using '5' (build at current location), you'll have to move to another tile once it suspends and continue building from there.  thinking about it now, i guess it can be trivially avoided if you just always build your workshops using '6', '3', or '2', so that you're definitely not standing on it...
I'm continuing the time honored tradition of DF UI complexity :D
oh yeah the ability to look and do fort mode jobs with your mind sets up some fun interactions like the lumberjack Shotgun where if you stand far away from the trees and cut them down the logs will sling shot a great distance away from you.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 02, 2020, 06:56:32 pm »

How are you even running DFHack right now? It crashes the game if you try to use it on 47.01.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 02, 2020, 10:21:13 pm »

How are you even running DFHack right now? It crashes the game if you try to use it on 47.01.
I was reminiscing over advfort during 44.12,  Dfhack isn't even updated yet.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 16, 2021, 01:09:12 am »

Trying to use this, under Masterwork, comes default. But the key that DFHack says is setup for it, CTRL+T doesn't seem to do anything at all. Anyone know why that is? How I can get it working? Thanks.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 16, 2021, 05:24:40 am »

Trying to use this, under Masterwork, comes default. But the key that DFHack says is setup for it, CTRL+T doesn't seem to do anything at all. Anyone know why that is? How I can get it working? Thanks.
well probably try inputting gui/advfort into the console command to see if your copy of masterwork even has advfort.... but like given it's Masterwork I don't know which version you're using the 31 patch or the 44.12 patch.

also advfort has a menu that shows up on the top left of the screen and if you play the game fullscreen you might miss it...
though I usually re-map advfort to alt-T so probably best to check if masterwork has that map correctly in the dfhack init file.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 16, 2021, 01:12:16 pm »

well probably try inputting gui/advfort into the console command to see if your copy of masterwork even has advfort.... but like given it's Masterwork I don't know which version you're using the 31 patch or the 44.12 patch.

also advfort has a menu that shows up on the top left of the screen and if you play the game fullscreen you might miss it...
though I usually re-map advfort to alt-T so probably best to check if masterwork has that map correctly in the dfhack init file.

I'm not sure how to remap it, it does appear to exist in the install of DFHack that came with Masterwork. But when I load it up in notepad++ I see a bunch of key definitions for regular functions but none are the "default" and none have labels that appear to my understanding to indicate the activation key. I assume I must be looking in the wrong place and that there must be something else intrinsic to DFHack that sets hotkeys for script activation.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 17, 2021, 01:21:40 pm »

I'm not sure how to remap it, it does appear to exist in the install of DFHack that came with Masterwork. But when I load it up in notepad++ I see a bunch of key definitions for regular functions but none are the "default" and none have labels that appear to my understanding to indicate the activation key. I assume I must be looking in the wrong place and that there must be something else intrinsic to DFHack that sets hotkeys for script activation.
so given this is masterwork which heavily modifies dwarf fortress and dfhack, I guess the 'default' dfhack key bindings would be different.

so far on remapping the keybindings

Code: [Select]
keybinding add Ctrl-T@dungeonmode gui/advforthere's the line of code for vanilla dfhack's keybinding in the dfhack init file if what your saying is true and you couldn't find this line of code anywhere in the dfhack init file then masterwork probably modified the init file to take this out or it's an modified old init file that was used back when dfhack didn't have advfort and I wonder if the 44.12 port use the old masterwork dfhack init file on top of an 44.12 copy of dfhack.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 17, 2021, 06:29:43 pm »

so far on remapping the keybindings

Code: [Select]
keybinding add Ctrl-T@dungeonmode gui/advforthere's the line of code for vanilla dfhack's keybinding in the dfhack init file if what your saying is true and you couldn't find this line of code anywhere in the dfhack init file then masterwork probably modified the init file to take this out or it's an modified old init file that was used back when dfhack didn't have advfort and I wonder if the 44.12 port use the old masterwork dfhack init file on top of an 44.12 copy of dfhack.

Ah that must be the meat of it, I'll have to check and see if anything else is using the keybind and if not try it and see if it works, thanks!

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #444 on: June 08, 2022, 04:26:50 am »

Most of the workshops don't work for me, frankly I'm only interested in getting gems and then refinining them, thankfully the jewellers shop does work, but then after sometime it didn't craft anything, it just yanked the gems that I tried to cut and put it in the area where normally itd have to be cut, and if I try more and more times the "timer" just increases number but doesn't count down. What's happening?
lucky it destroyed the stuff I was trying to encrust gems in

Sorry for thread necromancy - not sure if this is still being maintained.

I’ve only recently started mucking around with advfort and I think I’m still getting this bug.

A human adventurer visited a dwarf fort and made a steel short sword at a magma forge. Using “stud with gold” on the item made it disappear. Is there a fox for this?

Also, I was not able to craft weapons belonging to my human civ, only the dwarf ones. I.e. no halberds or two handed swords. Is this linked to the civ who owns the forge rather than the operator?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #445 on: June 08, 2022, 06:12:23 am »

Most of the workshops don't work for me, frankly I'm only interested in getting gems and then refinining them, thankfully the jewellers shop does work, but then after sometime it didn't craft anything, it just yanked the gems that I tried to cut and put it in the area where normally itd have to be cut, and if I try more and more times the "timer" just increases number but doesn't count down. What's happening?
lucky it destroyed the stuff I was trying to encrust gems in

Sorry for thread necromancy - not sure if this is still being maintained.

I’ve only recently started mucking around with advfort and I think I’m still getting this bug.

A human adventurer visited a dwarf fort and made a steel short sword at a magma forge. Using “stud with gold” on the item made it disappear. Is there a fox for this?

Also, I was not able to craft weapons belonging to my human civ, only the dwarf ones. I.e. no halberds or two handed swords. Is this linked to the civ who owns the forge rather than the operator?

the fix/workaround for that would be using a custom adv reaction to engrave stuff...
in my time of messing around with this script I felt like using adv reactions helps get around some of the goof ups.
it doesn't help I'm currently screwing around with on the fly switching between fort mode and adventure mode so the being unable to harvest plants ends up being 'oh I just switch to fort mode for a bit and designate the surface and get the adventurer to do fort mode jobs there... in fort mode.'
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2022, 01:55:22 pm »

Hey Advfort users, Anyone know if Kitchen or cooking is possible in any way? catching fish and I can't figure how to "Fish Clean" them, or cook them over the fire. Heating them doesn't work.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 08, 2022, 06:43:59 am »

Hey Advfort users, Anyone know if Kitchen or cooking is possible in any way? catching fish and I can't figure how to "Fish Clean" them, or cook them over the fire. Heating them doesn't work.

ok so it's probably best to treat adv fort as a script that lets you do fort mode jobs in adv mode.

so if you haven't poke around fort mode and know what jobs and probably workshops do you probably be pretty confused.

to answer your question Dwarf fortress methods of prepping fish is tied to a fishery workshop and not in the kitchen which just grabs multiple ingredients and cram them into one roast.
also some food items don't need to be turn into a meal in a kitchen and just needs to be butchered/prepared manually by hand or at the butcher shop/or the fishery for fish

warming up food by the fire is mostly there to prevent the adventurer from avoid eating it due to being too cold.

Follow up to the last post in the thread I kinda completed updating the script that jumps between fort mode and adv mode on the fly. So adv fort is pretty much a off site screw around option and possibly using the quirks adv fort brings as means to do stuff you probably couldn't just do in fort mode or would require a bit more work.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 08, 2022, 01:42:34 pm »

ok so it's probably best to treat adv fort as a script that lets you do fort mode jobs in adv mode.

so if you haven't poke around fort mode and know what jobs and probably workshops do you probably be pretty confused.

to answer your question Dwarf fortress methods of prepping fish is tied to a fishery workshop and not in the kitchen which just grabs multiple ingredients and cram them into one roast.
also some food items don't need to be turn into a meal in a kitchen and just needs to be butchered/prepared manually by hand or at the butcher shop/or the fishery for fish

warming up food by the fire is mostly there to prevent the adventurer from avoid eating it due to being too cold.

Follow up to the last post in the thread I kinda completed updating the script that jumps between fort mode and adv mode on the fly. So adv fort is pretty much a off site screw around option and possibly using the quirks adv fort brings as means to do stuff you probably couldn't just do in fort mode or would require a bit more work.

Ah, I see! I play fort mode pretty often, but tend to ignore fishing mainly. It seems I need a Fishery Worker shop FIRST to make salmon meat for instance, and then I can use that to 'x' make a meal, I assume?

I appreciate the patience, I've been exploring DFHack a lot more since I've grown a little weary of doing the same vanilla presets over and over / not toying with more Roleplayey aspects of the game.

If I use the script in your subtext will I be able to change relationships between PCs as well as PCs and NPCs? Make lovers, besties, kindred spirits, acquaintances, ect.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 08, 2022, 08:03:20 pm »

Ah, I see! I play fort mode pretty often, but tend to ignore fishing mainly. It seems I need a Fishery Worker shop FIRST to make salmon meat for instance, and then I can use that to 'x' make a meal, I assume?

I appreciate the patience, I've been exploring DFHack a lot more since I've grown a little weary of doing the same vanilla presets over and over / not toying with more Roleplayey aspects of the game.

If I use the script in your subtext will I be able to change relationships between PCs as well as PCs and NPCs? Make lovers, besties, kindred spirits, acquaintances, ect.
well the script I linked to just swaps between fort mode and adv mode, which depending on a few factors will take the site's civilians and maybe make them fort playable.

also kinda shifts the game from PCs and Npcs to Fort mode playable characters and Adv mode playable characters as any unit that is part of the civ you're switching into for fort mode will have a chance of being playable in fortmode, so one could with lil luck and more testing build a community of folks to live in a site and order them around in fort mode and probably get them to join a military squad.

or use the adv lord stuff to build an 20 person squad of folks that you could order to kill stuff on site or station them around the place.

that said you can befriend anyone in adv mode through a series of either good comedy and or gifting the person a bunch of pets you pick up along the way... or tamed given tofort.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31