Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales of a Not-Even-Cavalry Officer: A Suggestion Game  (Read 1215 times)

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tales of a Not-Even-Cavalry Officer: A Suggestion Game
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:34:42 pm »

March 6, 1786 K.R., The Kingdom of Karolyi

"So, you want to join our most illustrious company of soldiers?" the clerk says with a slight grin as you give him your recommendation letter and the bag of money for your commission.

A bit more seriously he says,"Well, now I guess I now give you the background and principles of our company, the Prince's Reavers. It all started 95 years ago when Prince Sain III created a new military force from recently disbanded...."
A few minutes later, the clerk finally finishes with his summary of the history of the Prince's Reavers and says,"Sir, would you mind filling out this form for me to file away in our records?"
You read the form and find that it only asks for your Name,Home Province, and your reason for joining the Prince's Reavers.

Spoiler: History (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Provinces (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:50:33 pm by Kaferian »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of a Not-Even-Cavalry Officer: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:40:51 pm »

Daniel Blue
???
Mother wanted me out the house.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:35:38 pm »

Marcantonio Acciaio
Harnen
My father was a cavalryman, as was his, as was his, as was his all the way back to the age of knights.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 06:09:31 pm »

Harry Smith
and with a name like that, you know we're from the colonies.
Money, women, and glory, not necessarily in that order.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:24:30 pm »

Daniel Blue
???
Mother wanted me out the house.
This, but from Friestac.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »

You grin to yourself as you fill out the form. Your mother always wanted you out of the house and would make up random excuses for you to be out of the house such as: Drawing runes on surrounding trees, feeding the wolves (which didn't need feeding), enruning muskets, etc. Luckily, your own pet wolf was always there to help you. Sure having a wolf at your side all the time made people think that you were some demonic Farstiecan wizard who was out to-you don't know-blow people up at random.

"Hey! You weren't dozing off, now were you?" The clerk's yell snaps you out of your musings. The clerk then says,"Daniel Blue is it? Sounds pretty weird for a Farstiecan. Was your father a colonist?" "Yeah, I think he was a colonist now that I think about it." you answer."Truth be told, I never saw him that much except for the few times he visited for my birthdays." "Interesting, I believe the Prince might know something. I'll ask him about your last name, but now I have to show you to your quarters. Unless you want to find your room yourself? In that case, your room number is 63, if you get lost just listen for people yelling at each other in Spanish and Italian. There might also be some people cursing in English and various Nordic languages."

Your wolf is outside currently

Do you wish to go on your own or accept the clerk's help? Do you want to get your wolf inside?

Spoiler: Question (click to show/hide)

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »

We need to get all the help we can get. Also, you might want to ask the clerk for what you can do to get the wolf inside.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:19 pm »

Maybe we shouldn't be that forward, and just ask what the policy on "pets" is.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.