Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) DoomOnion is your DM!  (Read 18239 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) DoomOnion is your DM!
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:22 pm »

Well, I'm in the middle of running my Pokemon Tabletop Campaign now, but now I'm going to spend all night dreaming up a justification for the shield/sword arm of doom.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields). Clerics are also proficient with the favored weapon of their deity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »

What domains are you taking again?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2013, 10:06:28 pm »

Law (Slavery), and Fire. Might be willing to change or drop the subdomain on law as long as I get to keep the Touch of Law power.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »

No, then everyone will start going for leg shots. Request denied.
Also, wierdsound, I'm just putting this out here, you still have to choose a diety and follow the edicts and all if you are a cleric.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »

Okay, nevermind. You are proficient with the favored weapon of your deity, automatically, no matter what it is. In that case...

I would suggest the Hooked Axe. I'm not sure if the Scizore's shield bonus stacks with an actual shield, and you take a penalty and rolls to hit with it no matter when you attack. The hooked axe gives you versatility. I would suggest getting a Hooked Axe, having it as your Deity's favored weapon, and also getting a Morningstar. In this way, no matter what damage type you're looking for, you have it.

Edit: Also this feat might be worth considering, depending on how you want to play; it'll come in handy more often, and for less cost, than FAT. And also doesn't have that acronym. Saving Shield. You don't lose the shield bonus, either.

But with each use, it won't be as good.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:11:17 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

No, then everyone will start going for leg shots. Request denied.
Also, wierdsound, I'm just putting this out here, you still have to choose a diety and follow the edicts and all if you are a cleric.

See, what I though it would do, is mean that the thing I do, where I'll end up wearing a Plate Torso piece with Leather Leg piece and chain arm piece, will be less effective...It would encourage people to start wearing their arm and leg stuff equal to their torso stuff. But okay.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2013, 01:43:06 am »

Okay, nevermind. You are proficient with the favored weapon of your deity, automatically, no matter what it is. In that case...

I would suggest the Hooked Axe. I'm not sure if the Scizore's shield bonus stacks with an actual shield, and you take a penalty and rolls to hit with it no matter when you attack. The hooked axe gives you versatility. I would suggest getting a Hooked Axe, having it as your Deity's favored weapon, and also getting a Morningstar. In this way, no matter what damage type you're looking for, you have it.

Edit: Also this feat might be worth considering, depending on how you want to play; it'll come in handy more often, and for less cost, than FAT. And also doesn't have that acronym. Saving Shield. You don't lose the shield bonus, either.

Why in the world would the favored weapon of catholic God be a hooked axe?
Love, scriver~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2013, 06:40:01 am »

Why in the world would the favored weapon of catholic God be a hooked axe?
It's an axellent weapon.
Our Father, who wields an axe,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
Before you kill us with your axe.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who accidentally cut off our heads
And lead us not into temptation
But chop off various limbs of evil
For thine is the kingdom
And the power
And the axe
Forevermore. Amen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2013, 06:53:19 am »

* scriver fires GreatWyrmGold. From everything!

Jokes aside, if these were medieval times I'd day Catholic God's favoured weapon would be Longsword (In Hoc Signo Vinces) or Mace. But in the 17th century? It's harder. Mace, possibly. A Quarter Staff, I suppose, would do, but it hardly seems to fit with how the Catholic Church appeared in those times. For someone rooted in any of the "Poor Monk" cloister traditions, possibly.
Love, scriver~

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2013, 06:59:16 am »

Was the Church still playing under the delusion/loophole that blunt weapons were okay because they didn't shed any blood?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2013, 07:20:06 am »

I have no idea. The reason I'm thinking mace is because it has always been associated with ruling and thus divine mandates in (western, at least) Christian culture, and is pretty much the weapon of Christian Authority.
Love, scriver~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2013, 10:02:34 am »

He's also able to use magic and is a devilspawn heretic priest.

I don't think it'll be realistic anyway.

Besides, if there really was gonna be a favored weapon or the church, I think it would be a gun.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2013, 10:11:33 am »

There is a difference between "realistic" and "consistent with the setting".
Love, scriver~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2013, 10:18:48 am »

He's also said that as long as you make sure he knows what item you're basing it off of and it has the exact same stats, it can pretty much look as you please.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2013, 12:03:33 pm »

I don't understand what that has to do with the current discussion, but thanks, because it does remind me: DoomOnion, I'd like to change the name of my Longsword to Side-Sword. The side-sword was a straight one-sided sword which evolved from the arming sword, made for thrusting and slashing. Eventually it would evolve into the rapier, but at this point it was still a  martial sword, and was the kind of sword the sword-and-buckler men most often used.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15