Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) DoomOnion is your DM!  (Read 17651 times)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and Dragons) DoomOnion is your DM!
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2013, 04:13:02 pm »

We are using class average wealth.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »

Great... to the rule book to look that up...

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »

Also, when you are done, send it to me via a PM, it's easier for me to organize.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2013, 04:28:09 pm »

I linked it at the top of the page, but if you want a PM specifically for your organization system, I'll get you one.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2013, 05:01:39 pm »

Yeah, same username.
Your avg. wealth, by the way, is 140.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52:33 pm »

Yeah, same username.
Your avg. wealth, by the way, is 140.

You should be added as an editor. I figured the 140 bit out on my own. Thanks again for the help :)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2013, 06:05:10 pm »

No problem. I'm usually DM if I can be, IRL, and I rarely get experienced players, so I'm used to helping. I like helping, too. Now let's go see your page...by the way, when purchasing equipment, just leave aside 40 go for armor and a shield.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »

How much is your armor and shield gonna weigh? And should I be aiming for light or medium encumbrance with this character?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2013, 06:42:30 pm »

Actually, when I look at it, it's gonna weigh over 60 lbs. Not gonna lie. That's why it was so far down, yet so good; it was heavy and relatively restricting. But, medium load(doubt you'll get to a heavy one unless we're on the road) gives smaller penalties than the armor, so it doesn't matter.
But on the bright side, you'll have a total armor class, not counting spells or buffs, of 22. That's pretty awesome for first level.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2013, 07:07:07 pm »

Hrmm... Well my Medium limit is 86, and the Heavy Mace I was thinking of taking so I wouldn't have to bother thinking up and justifying a favored weapon weighs 8 lbs. Hrmm... I guess a Trident would kinda fit the character.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2013, 07:11:56 pm »

Hehehe.

"Stand up, my apostles. From now on, you will be fisherers of men."
"Can I still use my trident?"
Love, scriver~

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2013, 07:40:31 pm »

Do you become auto-proficient with your favored weapon?

Also, you'll still have room. You'll have a heavy load when not in a fight if you carry a heavy mace, but you'll have room.

Looking for a good weapon now. For catholicist spanish tiefling.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2013, 08:06:22 pm »

DoomOnion I have a really good request thing!

Since we're using piecemeal AND called shot rules, can we make it so that if you're making a called shot at someone, it affects their armor class depending on said armor?

What I mean is, if I'm fighting someone wearing Stone Plate Torso Piece, Stone Plate Leg Piece, and Padded Arm Piece, and make a called shot at their hand or arm, can their armor class be reduced as if they were wearing a full suit of padded armor, rather than stone plate? And similarly, if they have armor that doesn't include a helmet, can I ignore their armor if I make a called shot for their head?

This isn't munchkin-ing, most of the time, it'll still be a bigger penalty to do the called shot, but it makes sense logically, and making a called shot still sucks since it's a full round action.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »

DoomOnion I have a really good request thing!

Since we're using piecemeal AND called shot rules, can we make it so that if you're making a called shot at someone, it affects their armor class depending on said armor?

What I mean is, if I'm fighting someone wearing Stone Plate Torso Piece, Stone Plate Leg Piece, and Padded Arm Piece, and make a called shot at their hand or arm, can their armor class be reduced as if they were wearing a full suit of padded armor, rather than stone plate? And similarly, if they have armor that doesn't include a helmet, can I ignore their armor if I make a called shot for their head?

This isn't munchkin-ing, most of the time, it'll still be a bigger penalty to do the called shot, but it makes sense logically, and making a called shot still sucks since it's a full round action.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »

One last thing, I apologize for the triple post.

If you become auto-proficient with your favored weapon, I'd suggest the scizore(if you can justify it, it helps with being a tank, improves your AC, does significant damage, and is roman aka italian), the flail(bludgeoning damage, lighter than the mace, cheaper than the mace, and more versatile than the mace), a battleaxe or a longsword(your preference, probably longsword) for the slashing damage and get a morningstar as well, or, if you can get exotic weapons, a rhoka or hooked axe. Hooked axes are cool. Or better; ask Doom if you can get something similar but for a sword; 19-20/x2, lighter weight, higher cost.

OR, to synergize with the heavy shield, since I think only light melee weapons can for some stuff, and if you can get exotic weapons, get a dwarven maulaxe. The ultimate undead-killing weapon, and still pretty awesome. If you can't get exotic, but still want a light weapon, a gladius would be your best bet. Or if you don't become auto-proficient but want a light weapon, the sickle would be good; tripping is nice. Or a light mace.

If you want one-handed and don't become auto-proficient, get a morningstar. It's like a mace that's cheaper, lighter, can do piercing damage at the same time, and is only worse in that you can sunder it more easily. I think.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15