Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves just robbed a caravan for hospital supplies, consequences?  (Read 1154 times)

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile

I know it is a glitch, but does the game/caravan see it as a glitch.

Or do they count it as robbing them? Any other consequences?

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves just robbed a caravan for hospital supplies, consequences?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:35:52 am »

I can't recall if it's concidered theft, but if you remove the chests from your hospital or change the hospital settings to include zero thread and zero cloth, they'll stop hoarding all the supplies.  I've got two chests and two coffers in my Hospital, thread and cloth are both at zero, and they will only store crutches and splints in the coffer, therefore, I assume the chest would hold the other two supplies, and removal would be a quick-fix.

edit: further examination of my hospital zone revealed my coffers were not needed, and all items were being stored in the chests.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:49:51 am by Lida_Brainbroken »
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 04:45:08 am »

The code-dwellers say that the caravan simply compares the value of the stuff they brought onto the map with how much value they're taking off the map; if they take away more than they brought, they'll be happy about their gains, if they take away less, they assume you stole from them. It doesn't matter how exactly the goods came out of their hands, even a caravan demolished by goblins will be blamed on you.

When dwarfs grab stuff from the caravan, you can simply compensate by giving the caravan some stuff on top of the normal trading profits. If their final balance works out, they won't care that you took the cloth without first bartering for it.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 07:39:07 am »

The code-dwellers say that the caravan simply compares the value of the stuff they brought onto the map with how much value they're taking off the map; if they take away more than they brought, they'll be happy about their gains, if they take away less, they assume you stole from them. It doesn't matter how exactly the goods came out of their hands, even a caravan demolished by goblins will be blamed on you.

When dwarfs grab stuff from the caravan, you can simply compensate by giving the caravan some stuff on top of the normal trading profits. If their final balance works out, they won't care that you took the cloth without first bartering for it.

That could explain why, though Urist McTantrum loves to target the depot, the humans have never sieged in responce to it because many of my trades total around 10 000 - 14 000 monitory units.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.