Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: -=Aldaron: A World Apart=- (Working Title) Yet another game dev thread!  (Read 2559 times)

Windbusche

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Draigo reincarnate.
    • View Profile
Re: -=Aldaron: A World Apart=- (Working Title) Yet another game dev thread!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 07:40:00 pm »

Nice! 'Bout time you got that map gen working. :P

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile

I'm really interested in seeing where this goes! Will there be any sort of customization for Units, Heroes, Civilizations, whatever? I'm also definitely intrigued to see how you're going to handle tactical combat once you get there.  :D
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

I'm really interested in seeing where this goes! Will there be any sort of customization for Units, Heroes, Civilizations, whatever? I'm also definitely intrigued to see how you're going to handle tactical combat once you get there.  :D

Well, conceptually all of those things should be customizable here, but we'll see how much actually gets in-game, civilizations as a whole? of course, that's what the game is about. "Heroes" will in some way exist in game, but how they exist is still up to debate. Customizable units is an unknown to me, I'll have to revisit it when I actually get to combat. Now concerning tactical combat, it is literally last on the list when it comes to war & conflict so don't expect any thing for a while, BUT the plan is this: units will be represented as 'regiments' (or maybe something smaller, but not man to man alas) and will fight on a 2d map and that's all I know will happen right now. That's for land combat, for naval combat, I think the same will be true, individual ships are represented and fight on a similar 2d map, once again all I know right now.

and thanks for the interest!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile

Wow pretty much the game I've planned to make. Is it little bit like Europa universalis with a resource system, trade and tile based map?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 11:37:55 am by dwarfhoplite »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Sure, you could describe it like that. Anyways if your interested I could really use a second guy, it's pretty slow going with just me.

PM me if your interested!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile

I would, but I can't. I know almost nothing about programming. My intention is to learn some sometime when I have more motivation.
I'm just planning a game in advance for fun without guarantee of ever making it.
Pages: 1 [2]