Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Lying Has Become Acceptable  (Read 6374 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Lying Has Become Acceptable
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2013, 04:27:13 am »

Hey, we can all agree that the world is pretty shit, right? Therefore, by lying, people are actually being nice and making conversations more pleasant than they would be with more unpleasant truths. *sagenod*
Liars: Actually Really Nice People, In Fact! :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 06:33:05 am »

I usually assume good-will intentions in people (since most people seem genuinely good-willed) but exercise caution. Especially since good-willed people can sometimes do bad things, often not intentionally per se (sometimes the brain seems to shut off processing the repercussions of an action when people have something significant to gain for themselves).

It makes the world seem like a pretty decent, if flawed, place.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:09 am »

I usually assume good-will intentions in people (since most people seem genuinely good-willed) but exercise caution. Especially since good-willed people can sometimes do bad things, often not intentionally per se (sometimes the brain seems to shut off processing the repercussions of an action when people have something significant to gain for themselves).

It makes the world seem like a pretty decent, if flawed, place.
I adhere more to simple apathy/not giving a shit/not in monkey sphere. 
I suppose it is in a way similar to the brain shutting off processes... but I'm going to say it never fired up cause they don't care enough to. 

Now there are cases where people do 'bad things' despite giving a shit/monkey sphere/whatever.  More then likely they do not see all the possible repercussions of their actions before they do it, it is very easy to tunnel-vision on the goal/want/need.   Or well, they do it with the intent of a gain for someone/something in the inner monkey sphere at the detriment of the outer monkey sphere residents/things.

Hmmm...  this shit can get pretty complicated with all the exceptions to the broadmega-grande-gigantic sized paintbrush.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]