Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You are a Private Eye  (Read 2807 times)

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
You are a Private Eye
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:28 pm »

Intro OOC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intro IC:
System:
Character Sheet:
Sanity System:
Skills:
Traits:
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Private Eye
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

I will ONLY continue to post if this involves Cthulu SOMEHOW.

Name: Benjamin Richards
Date of Birth: (OTHER PEOPLE)
Skills: Lockpicking, Investigation, Persuasion
Traits: (YUP, YOU GUESSED IT: I WANT YOU GUYS TO DO THIS)
Bio: (OTHER PEOPLE DO MY CREATIVE WORK FOR ME)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:29:53 am »

I will ONLY continue to post if this involves Cthulu SOMEHOW.

Date of Birth: (OTHER PEOPLE)
Traits: (YUP, YOU GUESSED IT: I WANT YOU GUYS TO DO THIS)
Bio: (OTHER PEOPLE DO MY CREATIVE WORK FOR ME)

I knew it would spoil it if I told you all about the sanity system *facedesk* Yes Cthulu is involved. Stop being so lazy!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:53 am »

I knew it would spoil it if I told you all about the sanity system *facedesk* Yes Cthulu is involved. Stop being so lazy!
Is he a character, or will he only be calling from time to time?

NEway,
Date of Birth: we know, but we're not telling
Traits: contact at the PD, Too curious for own good
Bio: (passing the buck again)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:03 am »

Name: Edward Richard Bradbury
Date of Bir- Wait, why are you asking us for both an age and a DOB if we've already established it's set in "Modern Day" New York? ??? I guess you just mean birthday. Uh, okay. 7th of June.
Skills: Persuasion, Clubs, Investigation.
Traits: Police Pedigree, overly curious easily bored/distracted ((I might leave this up to you.))
Bio: Born into a family with a strong police tradition, Eddie is the son of the former Chief of the NYPD, who now lives a quiet life playing golf out in the country. Eddie, having seen his father's career (along with his mental health) crumble during a particularly trying series of cases, grew disillusioned with the idea of following him into the force.
Eddie was seventeen when his father retired, and promised himself he would never put himself through such an ordeal. Ed figured he could take up mechanics, or history, or maybe just sell used cars- anything but the police force.

Still, the pressure from his family to join the law enforcement was immense, and eventually Eddie decided to compromise, buying an office (with help from Dad, naturally) and going into business as a PI.
So far, he's performed unspectacularly, his few cases mainly pulled in by his father's status as an important citizen.
He has little patience for paperwork and buerocracy, despises the suspicious spouses who provide most of his work, and overall wishes he could do something else.

He is missing two fingers from his right hand after an unfortunate childhood incident with a lawnmower.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:23:21 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:46 am »

Cthulu and crazy shit like that will be the main theme of this story. By the way remember there is only one detective, so please vote for which character sheet will be used.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:06:53 am »

Cthulu and crazy shit like that will be the main theme of this story. By the way remember there is only one detective, so please vote for which character sheet will be used.

we are cthulhu and we are investigating why people go insane upon seeing us by eating them

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:13:17 am »

we are cthulhu and we are investigating why people go insane upon seeing us by eating them
That's a good twist, run with it. But don't tell the readers who we are, except in cryptic hints that almost make sense.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 10:23:42 am »

Name: Jake Monroe
Date of Birth: 31 Oct
Skills: Punching Mooks, Holding Liquor, Picking Locks
Traits: Notices fine details, Sucker for a pretty dame.
Bio: He left the army after a bad tour of service. He couldn't do it anymore. He'd seen the horrors of war, things that would turn you white. His eyes had saved his squad from enemy ambushes countless times, but he knew his luck couldn't hold out forever. He shipped back home and into a bottle.

But sweet lady booze was just like every other woman. When your wallet went empty, she left you high and dry. He pulled himself out of his funk and went back to work, but for himself this time instead of Uncle Sam. A private eye gig looked good. Spend a lot of time napping behind a desk, then tail some guy's wife, take a few pictures, cash the check. Easy, right?

Of course, things never are that easy. Sometimes you have to do a little snooping. He'd taught himself lockpicking as a teen, thought it'd be a great party trick. It sure came in handy now. And sometimes you get caught doing a little snooping. He'd refused to carry a piece since he left the service. He'd seen what those things did to people. It may have been a few years since boot camp and he might be going to seed a bit, but his right was as solid as ever. That came in even handier.

And then this case slid along his desk...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 10:49:58 am »

Alright, that's a rather good idea. If anyone wants to be cultist PM a character sheet and then every turn your actions.  Your objective will be to summon Cthulu by killing innocents, and the detective has to stop you before you do so.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 11:43:09 am »

Name:Alucard Green
Date of Birth:20th of November
Skills: Brawling, Persuasion, Investigation
Traits: Six sense, blind
Bio: Alucard Green didn't have a good childhood, most would say it was one of the worst after his 'father' clawed out his eyes. Because of the 'incident' as his 'dad' would put it, Alucard became very good at 'seeing' with his ears. His 'dad' met a unfortunate end and he was on the other side of the city at the time, yes sir.

He became a detective which seem strange for a blind man, but his track record shows he doing something right.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 11:46:12 am »

Name: Edward Richard Bradbury
Date of Bir- Wait, why are you asking us for both an age and a DOB if we've already established it's set in "Modern Day" New York? ??? I guess you just mean birthday. Uh, okay. 7th of June.
Skills: Persuasion, Clubs, Investigation.
Traits: Police Pedigree, overly curious easily bored/distracted ((I might leave this up to you.))
Bio: Born into a family with a strong police tradition, Eddie is the son of the former Chief of the NYPD, who now lives a quiet life playing golf out in the country. Eddie, having seen his father's career (along with his mental health) crumble during a particularly trying series of cases, grew disillusioned with the idea of following him into the force.
Eddie was seventeen when his father retired, and promised himself he would never put himself through such an ordeal. Ed figured he could take up mechanics, or history, or maybe just sell used cars- anything but the police force.

Still, the pressure from his family to join the law enforcement was immense, and eventually Eddie decided to compromise, buying an office (with help from Dad, naturally) and going into business as a PI.
So far, he's performed unspectacularly, his few cases mainly pulled in by his father's status as an important citizen.
He has little patience for paperwork and buerocracy, despises the suspicious spouses who provide most of his work, and overall wishes he could do something else.

He is missing two fingers from his right hand after an unfortunate childhood incident with a lawnmower.
+1
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

Alright Yoinks character will be the detective, the turn will be made tommorow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

Fine with that
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 06:46:18 pm »

Interesting.  Being a follower of the *cult of the great Sherlock Holmes, I shall follow this thread. 

*Fictional Cult