Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Magic of the Voice: A Dictated Game  (Read 2001 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Magic of the Voice: A Dictated Game
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:42 pm »

As you may know I have been confined might have recently. This is give me an idea for a game inspired by 100 I accidentally hit the send button on my tablet fertile keyboard. (Oh well is already going to be holy reas.) anyways the idea of this game is that I basically speak the updates rather than having them in the Civil might have a combat with. This may have some interesting facts on how you comprehend it. Hopefully this will also allow updates to be fairly simple and quick.

I'm out for the actual idea of the game. As for the game which is going to be dictated by voice, this game will be about  a person who will control things with people. Specifically, he is someone who can cause changes in the world like magic with nothing but a word. Game starts with when you first of this building.

3 things first : what is your name, what is your age, and how much should I clarify the things that are kind of the fight will be the way that the voice recognition works?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic of the Voice: A Dictated Game
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »

You what with a what in the what?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

You what with a what in the what?

I concur. What?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:59:08 pm »

Three options: One, GreatWyrm had his account stolen. Two, this is a joke. Three, he is drunk.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 09:00:58 pm »

Wrong on all counts it's simply the voice recognition software has not reached the 22nd century.

That was surprisingly clear.

The reasons all this is model is that I'm dictating it to the speech function on my tablet. This program is amusing leave in perfect. This is lead to a very interesting game if anyone can understand it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 09:02:35 pm »

Well. Now it seems like a novel idea, to say the least.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:04:55 pm »

I... guess I'll join?

It seems like he's running his posts through the youtube subtitler.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »

May the force be with you.  Also does our character have a speech impediment?  :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

Should we run our actions through the bad translator and then use Vocaroo to send an audio link of us saying them?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:13 pm »

It seems like he's running his posts through the youtube subtitler.
Not exactly, what you're not all that far off.

Also does our character have a speech impediment?  :P
is a definite possibility out Lowes. Before we can decide on that we need to know you characters name, age, and how much effort I'll be putting into making sure you guys I'll understand with being put out of this.

Should we run our actions through the bad translator and then use Vocaroo to send an audio link of us saying them?
seems a bit over the top doesn't it?
Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 09:08:58 pm »

This might be fun, but not understanding something when it devolves into gibberish inevitably is something I'd avoid :|

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:10:25 pm »

So including some bomb it exclamation as to what all this means to be good idea?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »

Your tablet must suck then, my cellphone's Talk-to-text is better than that and it hasn't updated in over a year...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:39 pm »

By the Beatles on the year and I'm not trying too hard to speak clearly.

To reiterate, mine is a bit older than the year and I'm not trying to hurt speak clearly.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 09:20:26 pm »

By the Beatles!

Thats the best three words I've ever heard.
Pages: [1] 2