Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?  (Read 43209 times)

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »

Go ahead and share a moment where you died by something totally crazy or just plain unexpected.

One of my favorite deaths was on my very first character I managed to level up to an Axelord, and had a full set of iron armor and a Steel Great Axe, and while I was strolling thru the woods chopping monsters left right and center (even being able to chop trolls in half from the lower body with a single strike.)

I see on the screen that a Mosquito Man missed me, so I swiftly chop him out of the air in a single swing, cutting his body in half. I then take one step and the Mosquito Mans corpse lands on my upper body, shattering my upper spine, so my character was in extreme pain, I thought "I'll just wait the pain off and continue on!" Shift+Z and I get a message "You cannot wait when you're not breathing" or... something like that.

I realized now that my fate had been sealed, after slaying so many monsters and killing goblin ambushes left right and center, slaying trolls and cutting thru Bogeymen like they were butter, I get killed by a corpse falling on my body. As a last hurrah I killed another 3 Mosquito men and women out of pure rage before suffocating to death.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:36:19 pm »

That big mosquito man was a kamikaze! He crushed himself into you with his last breath.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 05:57:01 pm »

I pressed "t" instead of "f"...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:44:16 pm »

I got down to the caverns through a kobold tunnel system and tried to burn one of the trees down with a campfire. I pressed the wrong button and got stuck between the campfire and the tree. Like a dummy I forgot all about DFhack and ragequit the entire world. I hadn't even been in the caverns for 5 minutes by the time I got stuck.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »

Silly modding + berserk gopher swarm. It was... Interesting to say the least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »

Silly modding + berserk gopher swarm. It was... Interesting to say the least.

I kinda miss swarms. Though if I remember correctly I did make a suggestion a while back to reintroduce them in another form as a Stampeed.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 02:25:51 am »

Testing out poisoned weapons for science. Woe for the antman's antidote is unforgiving and death-dealing.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 03:07:19 am »

A long time ago, when I first started playing, I was attacked by a fish while I was on land. The fish didn't kill me though. I dodged into the water and drowned while I was passed out.

First character I ever made. Almost was my last, but someone talked me into trying a bit more.

Wilm0chimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 05:00:39 am »

Artifact chainmail, masterwork candy armour / plate, and battle axe. Chop bogeyman in the torso severing him in two, part of which proceeds to spin off and strike me in the head, killing me instantly.

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:18 am »

I got down to the caverns through a kobold tunnel system and tried to burn one of the trees down with a campfire. I pressed the wrong button and got stuck between the campfire and the tree. Like a dummy I forgot all about DFhack and ragequit the entire world. I hadn't even been in the caverns for 5 minutes by the time I got stuck.
Couldn't you have waited for the campfire to go away?
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 07:41:25 am »

I once forgot I was stung by a giant desert scop... ;_; and I was a legendary axe/armor/shield/dodger

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »

Couldn't you have waited for the campfire to go away?

I waited until hunger and thirst were both at their lowest levels and it still hadn't gone away. I assumed they lasted forever.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 05:14:57 pm »

I'm not sure what version it was in, but I lit a fire in a cave and suffocated.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »

Went to sleep on the ground, woke up in midair. Hadn't even saved yet.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

I pressed "t" instead of "f"...

You posted that some time ago, and somebody posted that picture I am unable to google up or describe...
You know which one.

OT: Got trampled over when speeding uphill in a savanna. Or somewhere. By yaks. I  think.
That was long time ago.

I was just holding the arrow key when suddenly [COMBAT LOG] and [You are deceased.]...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12