Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?  (Read 43494 times)

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:14 pm »

Jumping off the roof of a hut. 'Your right foot takes the full force of the impact, your left foot takes the full force of the impact, your head takes the full force of the impact.'

What?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:50 am »

You landed on your feet, tried to duck and roll, but instead beat your head on the ground. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

blazing glory

« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2013, 09:07:41 pm »

You landed on your feet, tried to duck and roll, but instead beat your head on the ground. :P

his head was then eaten by ants

fredigar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2013, 11:38:29 pm »

Swam across the ocean to an island, fell asleep on said island. Woke up an hour later by not one beak dog but 10. I died shortly after.... My dwarves didn't fare any better.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2013, 07:46:55 am »

Exterminated a kobold camp (I was a vampire so they didn't attack me and I got a head-start), went out to fight lions and dingoes ("Fun" for them not for me), came back to the camp, find that the kobolds have repopulated, think to myself "easy as [Insert delicious product here]", go to fight 'em, get shot in the back of the head by an archer, end of story!

Tonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2013, 03:58:10 pm »

My new character only got hit once so far.  A fish cleaner jammed an iron boning knife through his brain.  Other than that, he's dead.

ChildofSolitude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2013, 06:01:22 pm »

I started out as an outsider and when I spawned, I spawned surrounded by goblins.

I seriously don't know what happened, but when it did I nearly died of laughter (And whip burns, too)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2013, 11:15:16 am »

Killed a bird with my legendary swordsman. I walk down the hill to continue on my way, and the corpse strikes my head, killing me. Guess I was faster than gravity.

Felt rather tragic, given that I successfully cleared entire necromancer towers, killed several odd vampires and werebeasts, and nearly a hundred goblins, only to be struck down by a dead bird.
Every time you hear about a hero wandering into the distance and never being heard of again, this is why.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aureolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2013, 02:01:33 pm »

I remember one of my old runs I had finally managed to start taking down Minotaurs and other larger creatures, my last quest was to take down a frost dragon... The attack went well only a few of my crew went down but we had slain the beast, I traveled back to the king to report my duty but on the way inside I got a stack of messages all of the sudden saying... YOU'RE FREEZING TO DEATH or something like that.. Well a few moments later I died >.> some sort of frost disease or something? I don't know.

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »

Used the dragon ball z mod, was a saiyan flying over the side of a mountain when a lion stood at the edge.
I noticed it wasnt gonna move till I came down, so with my warhammer, I managed to break its legs, its spine, and somehow made it bleed. then A goblin crossbowman snuck up behind me and shot me in the head.
hmmmmm.... I wonder what happened to the goblin?...
I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!

blazing glory

« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2013, 09:32:05 pm »

hmmmmm.... I wonder what happened to the goblin?...

probably goes and organiszes all the bowmen and crossbowmen who shoot adventurers and embark on a holy quest to shoot every adventurer who dares to start wandering the wilds

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2013, 12:03:46 am »

This one time in Masterwork, I had just started a legion dwarf adventurer who hit a jackpot of equipment. Full steel suit of armor, a steel zweihander, lots of quality scaleplate padded clothing to wear under it, I was suited up like a tank that wanted to drive closer to hit people with a sword.

My first random encounter while fast traveling was against two gargoyles. First round of combat, I take a swing and lop a leg off a gargoyle. Said gargoyle "snatches" at my head and tears it clean off. Ze armor, it does nothing!
---
The next adventurer was suited up in a similar manner. For my first fight I ran into a goblin lasher while traveling. His crudely crafted rusty iron scourge pierced through all my armor, ruined my hand, forced me to drop my sword, and forced me to pass out from the pain, all in the first turn, from one hit. Next turn, said lasher pierces all of my hoods and my helm and turns my brain into salsa. A rusty whip. Against steel. On the first turn. Fighting a lone goblin.

I facepalmed. Two deaths in row in less than an hour, both on the very first fight, on the first turn, without any way to prevent them. Ah, Adventure mode. Fun.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Somejob

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Procrastinator, too lazy to level further
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2013, 07:58:36 pm »

I was starting a new axeman for kicks. I get a bandit quest, bring a few ,meatshields companions. and they all ignore the companions and a lasher one hits me in the skull.
Jimi Hendrix, Legendary Axedwarf, sets guitar on fire! The axedwarf bites the guitar!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]