Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?  (Read 43398 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2013, 11:11:34 pm »

i died to a regular elf bandit after i killed his chief. Dam guy kept charging me to the ground after i got into an unlucky position (i charged him, missed, and he ended up behind me since i ran past him, and then charged me from behind). Then he got several lucky hits that all counted as being from behind and one of his punches shattered a bone...then my character gave in to pain and GG.

Pretty dumb death since all he had was wooden gear and no armor, but i was a peasant on his first quest so meh...

Dream Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:47 am »

(As a relative newstart...)

Went on an epic journey across a massive mountain range as a vampire. Shot down a giant eagle and sucked it dry right before I starved. Found a waterfall and fell down it... twice. It had a human corpse and a bogeyman I guess he'd been fighting at the bottom, which was kinda cool, guess it had washed down there. Encountered no live bogeymen, though I was out there for many nights; I'd assumed they'd all heard of my brutal slaying of one of their packs one night and how I had their severed limbs and heads shoved in my pack, and decided they didn't want none of it.

Reached a large swamp and came across a river. "Huh, it's just a river, I can probably get across..."

Take one step, and in a literal split-second, my most successful adventurer yet was x-eyed, conquered by a simple stream. Bah.

Also the time my almost-as-successful other adventurer woke up in the middle of the night and before I could figure out why had the message "Bogeyman kicks you in the head, tearing a..." and so on. Bah again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:41:11 am by Dream Weaver »

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 06:32:56 am »

Managed to actually survive an ambush but it was only me and an enemy master pikeman left, i decided to get the glory and beat him like an idiot and after many moments of us dodging each other i dodge into a tree like a retard so he stabbed me to death while i was on the ground.

Trying to stand up after getting knocked down vs a master anything...  :'(

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 07:21:21 am »

Although not necessarily my own death, a friend of mine decided to create character-after-character in order to kill the first town he's in. Managed to wipe out quite a few people in one before he walked into what he thought was an empty house and recieved a bolt to the head from a crossbowman. He needed an extra shot directed at his heart to kill him (and now he wasn't a vampire).

I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Oceanfire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 10:41:59 am »

So umm. I had about 9 companions, a iron cap, and a hand scratched by head shattering the bone and brushing the brain. Du fuck?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 01:13:33 pm »

Caps have awful coverage; the attack probably didn't even encounter the cap going in.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 02:36:42 pm »

Caps have awful coverage; the attack probably didn't even encounter the cap going in.
I find that to be awfully true, although some protection> no protection. I find that mail shirts have crazy coverage.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:44 pm »

grinding up swimming skill on an early adventurer.  forgot that waterfalls existed, swam off one.  impact taken BY MY TONGUE.

i guess i was screaming as i fell and landed on my mouth.  fucking genius.
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 11:36:33 pm »

grinding up swimming skill on an early adventurer.  forgot that waterfalls existed, swam off one.  impact taken BY MY TONGUE.

i guess i was screaming as i fell and landed on my mouth.  fucking genius.

That sounds much better than taking the hit somewhere lethal or debilitating. And now you have a cool backstory!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sheer_Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 03:05:24 am »

Was fighting a necromancer and his friends. Killed everything except a peasants head. I turned and went to kick a field goal. I missed and it latched on, severing an artery and causing me to bleed to death.
Breaking thumbs since 2013

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 04:41:27 pm »

In the object testing arena, I was having various humanoids wrestle to the death, starting with no skill. The first human I spawned kept getting extremely lucky and beating the hell out of whatever I threw at her, including two reptile men with candy knives. The third reptile man finally managed to stab her in the heart, a mere turn before she bashed his skull in with her bare fist for a kill count of six. She had Skilled in all unarmed combat stats by the time she bled out.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 09:47:53 pm »

Started adventure right next to pond, climbed in to raise swimming, immediately drowned after going no more than 3 spaces.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »

Started adventure right next to pond, climbed in to raise swimming, immediately drowned after going no more than 3 spaces.

Wow... :o Talk about a short adventure...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 10:16:43 pm »

The worst part is, she was a demigod, so now the legends mode says that people unanimously agree that some person, who did nothing interesting whatsoever but drown in a pond, was of divine parentage. Perhaps one of the gods of this world is a god of failure.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 10:49:03 pm »

LOL...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12