Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?  (Read 43482 times)

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
Re: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2013, 09:01:34 am »

Well to be fair its pretty hard to react  as somebody sneaks up while your;e asleep and stabs you in the face/chest. You likely wouldn't even get time to draw your sword before you were stabbed to death let alone get up.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Dozus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2013, 09:34:30 am »

That's the risk of sleeping in the wilds. If you can't find a town nearby, safest options are going into the mountains (no bogeymen, usually no bandits) or clearing out a lair.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2013, 08:41:21 pm »

I was rooting around in the ruins of a temple looking for a custom modded slab that might be there when I find a mummy chamber instead.

No problem, hide some of the corpses, get some of the goons to trigger the curse, try to +steel short sword+ the mummy in the head, and...

This mummy's head doesn't want to come off and the goons are dying right and left. Gosh, this battle isn't going so well. I'm feeling kind of surrounded here. Better retreat.

I get around my bowman at the entrance and run out of sight. Three turns later all I see is the bowman's blood splatter down the hallway and I'm safely in sneak mode in a little alcove some distance away. Whew, I'm safe, and I'll be needing all new friends.

Aaand... nope. Suddenly, the moment I'm sure I am safe, there's a mummy in front of my alcove. His friends are still down the hall but mummies apparently know where you are even if you sneak. Cowardice and humiliation for me. I become a blood splatter.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Dozus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2013, 02:33:56 pm »

I had made a new pocket world and an adventurer. Looking for compatriots to join me, I wandered into a fortress. With no lord in the keep, I suspected it might be abandoned but decided to double-check and climb up one of the parapets. I noticed I couldn't climb up the stairs, so I thought there must be a soldier there waiting and crawled on up.

And atop the parapet was a herd of muskoxen. My adventurer was trampled to death.

blazing glory

« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2013, 02:49:27 am »

my best character,a vampire assassin/swordsman did 10 quests got refrenced to a lord,asked said lord for quest lord tells him to kill some guy... in the sewer, after wading about having no luck finding the guy I decided to find some other quests so I went swimming across the ocean,found a iceberg, few turns after that the water around me freezed,worst,death,ever.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2013, 02:56:01 am »

Committed suicide while riding minecart down the hill. What did I expect to happen?

Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

blazing glory

« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2013, 03:04:35 am »

Committed suicide while riding minecart down the hill. What did I expect to happen?

oh oh oh! I think I know what you expected to happen!,you expected to ram into that beaver and break all its bones!,only it moved sideways

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2013, 04:59:37 am »

Go to a tower. A lot of elf zombies come out. I bash them on by one.
Then my adventurer dodges into a 1 z-level fall, not much ut he got stunned or something. Then the elves stab him in the tooth (???) while  he΄s stunned or something and he dies.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2013, 11:15:06 am »

Oh, this is a good one.

Once, I had a dwarf crossbow dude. In his first seven or so dwarf-seconds of adventure he randomly went into a nearby house.

Some random dude, probably some kind of elf-sympathizer or dwarf nazi, randomly told me to "prepare to die!"

I hit him in the head with my crossbow and some offended, deaf dude caved in my face with a knife.

Wasted five minutes of my life there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »

I once found a master vampire CRAB in Masterwork.
Do i need to say more?
Wat
FTN mod has come far indeed.
Hopefully i dont find anything like that in Dwarf mode i made on that very world...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2013, 07:03:35 pm »

This isn't a death, but I just had a peasant adventurer sneaking through the dungeons of a town for the first time and her very first fight with an intelligent creature consisted of getting her lower spine severed by an elven lasher as she opened a door and crawling away. I mean, that thing reacted faster than she did, and she was sneaking. It doesn't even make sense.

I hate dungeons.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2013, 02:00:56 pm »

I was in a dungeon and got shot in the face as soon as I opened a door.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

golemgunk

• Bay Watcher
  • you are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »

I was wrestling a crab and it snatched a few of my fingers off and cut open my throat

Mrpoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2013, 10:39:51 pm »

When an untransformed werebeast punched out some of my character's teeth, causing him to pass out from the pain. The werebeast then proceeded to kick my head till it caved in.
Bad Dwarf, Bad Dwarf, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the carp come for you?

Nixonitus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sponges are the new God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2013, 02:13:51 pm »

Killed a bird with my legendary swordsman. I walk down the hill to continue on my way, and the corpse strikes my head, killing me. Guess I was faster than gravity.

Felt rather tragic, given that I successfully cleared entire necromancer towers, killed several odd vampires and werebeasts, and nearly a hundred goblins, only to be struck down by a dead bird.
"Urist, the food is revolting."
"It's always been revolting."
"But now it's rebelling!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12