Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 226031 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.6 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #285 on: March 28, 2014, 02:31:07 am »

I added what you need, mostly by importing bits of masterworks.

We now have illuminations, you can build pentagrams, braziers, chandelier, fireplaces, glowing orbs... I have to test that against Phoebus and Osidians sets to see if they look okay.

I also copied over the gem industry from MW, in a lighter version (no splitting and many tools are out). Among the jobs you can make 4 blocks out of a gem and anvils too. Glass is a tricky material, but it should be possible to make raw glass on repeat and send those to this workshop to get glass blocks quickly.

As an alternative you can also summon slade anvils now.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #286 on: March 28, 2014, 04:48:00 am »

Did you take the rendermax file from mdf as well? and without adding new tiles into phoebus/obsidian, it will look odd. just compare the normal phoebus with the phoebus png in mdf.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 28, 2014, 09:07:14 am »

I did that, and there was not much to change. The gem workshop looked okay once built, I only had to change the building steps. The illumination does not look as good as in mdf, but the should be unique enough to be visible in a busy fort.

I don't have a lot of errorlogs, mostly typo in the interaction tokens.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2014, 02:36:26 am »

How old can succubuses grow? I have a few 500 year olds around. Is there a limit to how old they can be before dying of old age?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2014, 04:10:37 am »

How old can succubuses grow? I have a few 500 year olds around. Is there a limit to how old they can be before dying of old age?

Nope, they are immortal like elves/goblins.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2014, 12:50:39 pm »

Hum... Kobolds are immune to traps. A kobold ambush almost decimated me.

How can I convert kobolds to my civ if I can't capture them?

Also, I converted a bunch of prisoners, now, how do I get them out of the cage? Figured it out.

Ok, so managed to get them out of their cage by building a lever and linking it to built cages. Things were going sort of well.... until all hell broke lose. A lot of job cancellation spam, since everyone believes everyone else to be hostile, even if they are not. This means that no one is getting anything done, since they all flee like headless chickens.

I use Dwarf Therapist, and it seems to have a problem with gender, since it shows my transformed prisoners to be all female, which is not what is shown in-game.

EDIT: It seems that everyone is killing everyone. It doesn't seem to be intentional, but they are dying from bumping into each others. Maybe it's a problem with Utterances? All the converted prisoners don't have scrambled names. (They seem to keep their name and gender, which is different from how it should work... I think?) The job cancellation spam is the same that I would get if I had a bezerker insane fort member...only that there should be no reason for that.

In any case, this makes it pretty unplayable, since I can't get anything done if everyone is scared of everyone.

EDIT EDIT: I am running 5.6. Do you need the savegame?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:55:39 pm by Iazo »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2014, 06:44:05 am »

It's a bug Meph has already found a fix for. Can't remember how to fix it, you need to update something, but essentially the script didn't change the hostile prisoner's civilization correctly, so they're still enemies.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2014, 07:17:33 am »

This is not true. I use the same scripts, was made aware of that bug, updated the scripts, but the bug still persists. My assumption is that the Warlocks have the very same problem at the moment.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2014, 09:57:37 am »

Oh woops ^^ Thought I read that you'd fixed it. Not sure then~

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2014, 01:04:59 pm »

Yes, I can use the savegame. I probably missed some hostility bits that must be cleared so the enemies forget that they were enemies. I could not reveal that on my tests. How did the siege went beforehand? Did the invaders bump into a fight before being caged?

You can try typing fix/loyaltyCascade to get the fort back, on repeat. The bugged prisoners will probably be killed at some point.

I did not get around changing the prisoners names. I wanted to have df decide for me, but in the meantime it helps to find the bugged citizens.

As for Kobolds, perhaps tentacle monster slime can stun them. That'll be easier later on as you will be able to make cave-in ammo. A drop in trap using a retracting bridge may also do the trick, they heal up anyway when you transform them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:18:09 pm by Boltgun »

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2014, 02:17:10 pm »

No, I don't think they engaged in any combat with my own succubuses. By the time the siege rolled around, I only had 4 live ones, so I would have known.

I captured 10 goblins. I converted 5 first, and everything seemed to be in order. I built the cages and then used a lever to release them. Then all hell broke lose.

I thought that maybe the first batch was defective, so I sent the newly summoned succubi away, and then converted the other 5. Same problem happened.

Here's the save. Tell me if you need a prior autosave, though, in honesty, I can't remember how far back it was saved.

(Please ignore the ugly fort. It is under construction!)

https://mega.co.nz/#!FQRg3QgB!q7M5tPCCVJPc3ICGuO2gy4oD6lU8gkWmf_uY9w-Cq6Y

bigjane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2014, 05:55:25 pm »

I've really enjoyed this mod. Got a kick out of the body parts that were tagged NWS.

Please keep up the good work.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 31, 2014, 02:45:01 am »

I scanned the bits of the broken ex-goblins, there seem to be 2 sides : the ex-goblins and the original succubi. Both seem to belong to your civ, but they see each other as enemies and try to run away when they approach each other. I did not find the values that control this yet.

Edit : I found the two problems. First the script that turn prisonners to your side did not make them member of your civ. This is fixed at the price of spam in the dfhack console.

Now the problem is that they are still enemies of your civ, while being member at the same time (aka, loyalty cascade), I need to erase the enemy bit and I'm not sure how to do it. I will be reading other scripts to figure that out.

I've really enjoyed this mod. Got a kick out of the body parts that were tagged NWS.

Please keep up the good work.

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:27:39 pm by Boltgun »

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 01, 2014, 05:24:10 am »

I do not know much about scripting, but can't you make their assiociations to other groups former associations, and add them as current associates to the current fortress' expedition group?

Maybe that is the problem?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 01, 2014, 11:20:01 am »

I do not know much about scripting, but can't you make their assiociations to other groups former associations, and add them as current associates to the current fortress' expedition group?

Maybe that is the problem?

Yes that does it. Deleting the link causes DF to crash but replacing with 'former prisoner' helped ('former enemy' does not exist). It fixed the issue but it will not prevent it from happening again.

The fixed scripts

To get your fort back :
  • Drop these scripts into the df/hack/script folder, overwriting the previous ones
  • Load you save and DO NOT UNPAUSE
  • Open the (u)nit menu
  • Select one ex-goblin
  • Enter 'pacify' in the dfhack console
  • Repeat the 2 previous steps for every ex-goblin
  • Once you're done you can unpause and they should not run away from each other anymore
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:23:02 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42