Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 226376 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 6.3 - Powerful imps
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2014, 09:41:17 am »

Hey, Bolt. Are you still working on this? I really loved it and would really like to see it for 2014 df! Best of luck and thanks for this awesome civi mod!

Possibly, there have been too much updates in the MDF version to keep the vanilla version up to date. Now that it is more stable, I might port it back.

There is a few issues to handles with dfhack, some of the reactions might no longer work (like calling sieges) but otherwise I am eager to move on 0.40.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 04, 2014, 12:18:41 pm »

Seconded, I really love deep succubi!

|SignOfTheRaven|

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 10, 2014, 02:39:03 am »

Hey, Bolt. Are you still working on this? I really loved it and would really like to see it for 2014 df! Best of luck and thanks for this awesome civi mod!

Possibly, there have been too much updates in the MDF version to keep the vanilla version up to date. Now that it is more stable, I might port it back.

There is a few issues to handles with dfhack, some of the reactions might no longer work (like calling sieges) but otherwise I am eager to move on 0.40.

Great news! I can understand your reasoning. Perhaps when Tarn decides to take a longer then normal break, you and many others will be able to have the time to work on mods. Once again, thanks for this mod. It's the only reason I go back and play 0.34 anymore.   :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 10, 2014, 04:39:04 am »

Great news! I can understand your reasoning. Perhaps when Tarn decides to take a longer then normal break, you and many others will be able to have the time to work on mods. Once again, thanks for this mod. It's the only reason I go back and play 0.34 anymore.   :)

The raws seems to be stable now so it is worth giving it a try. Dfhack is more difficult because dependencies must be met. The civ relies heavily on truetransform and spawnunit, among others scripts and those must work in the latest dfhack.

I started importing the mod back to 0.34, it will be released first for the legacy version and dfhack r4 before converting directly to the 0.40 series.

|SignOfTheRaven|

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »

The raws seems to be stable now so it is worth giving it a try. Dfhack is more difficult because dependencies must be met. The civ relies heavily on truetransform and spawnunit, among others scripts and those must work in the latest dfhack.

I started importing the mod back to 0.34, it will be released first for the legacy version and dfhack r4 before converting directly to the 0.40 series.

Any chance we'll see them be able to become necromancers this time around?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 13, 2014, 03:59:05 am »

Any chance we'll see them be able to become necromancers this time around?

Maybe, undead was out of the design to allow civs that would be more focused to this but perhaps I can add it in vanilla only.

The deep succubi have also been merged with their regular counterpart but an optional civ file has been added to restore their gameplay.

There is a lot of masterwork references in the raw, but I will keep all those that do not generate errors to make the maintenance of both versions easier.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] [34.11] Succubus civ 6.3 - Powerful imps
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2014, 04:13:26 am »

Back to modding! I imported the changes made in MW. Unfortunately I tried mocing all of MW reactions and buildings to allow me to sort things later. Not the best idea because I have an errorlog as long as my arm now.

The other solution is to hand pick what I want to use, that is still a long process but at the same that'll let me figure what must be kept. Some buildings are specific to MW's stones and should not appear.

Otherwise creatures, items and the entity as been fixed, except the Orthus lacking their second head.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] [40.23] Succubus civ 10.0 - Swimming in magma
« Reply #337 on: January 21, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »

After such a long absence...

Update 10.0

Trying to reimport the mod from Masterwork DF was a failure, it needed me to handpick what the mod used from there, that was not worth it for a version no one wish to play anymore. Obviously it was much easier to restart from scratch, or rather, to go back to the civ's first days while converting what was made for 0.34.

So here's a minimal alpha version, with only the succubi, their civ and a couple of furnaces. Seeing how fast it is to add stuff after starting from scratch, summoning will quickly follow.

So the changes:
  • The mod is remade from scratch for DF2014
  • The succubi now assist a major demon by building dark fortresses
  • The deep succubi are gone, both civs are now united
  • The succubi are now all fire immune
  • New furnace: Magma well, it will allow to spawn magma at will! Also unlock magma workshops
  • New furnace: Slade drill, creates slade blocks and boulders to build your spire
  • The floating glass furnace has been included

There is no optional raw files for now, but the modified dwarves and goblin will be added soon. I'll also provide a 'deep mode' if you wish to play again without trade and with lots of conflicts.

We're also discussing the civ's progress in DF2014 in this thread.

Download on dffd
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:37:07 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2015, 03:29:51 am »

Nothing went as planned, summoning unit revealed a critical bug that that must be taken care of before releasing it.

While this issue is being investigated, I went ahead and started porting corruption. The newer dfhack allows a simpler system that involve less transformations and more reliable fields of view. The raws and scripts have been added and must be debugged now. What's the best way to get  sieges now?

The immodesty feature (not caring about clothing) also need some fixes, that should not take long.

bigjane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2015, 06:41:16 pm »

Awesome! Great to see you making the standalone version for .40! Gonna play this so good.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2015, 12:25:29 pm »

Awesome! Great to see you making the standalone version for .40! Gonna play this so good.

Ah thank you, I made good progress despite the bugs.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] [40.24] Succubus civ 11.0 - "Why deny your heart desires?"
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »

After such a long absence...

Update 11.0 - Corruption

Finally, the signature feature is back with a simpler backend. The mechanics are the same: Build a den of iniquity, put prisoners around it, run the reaction, enjoy your new friends. This is still experimental however as it's tedious to get sieges to test against so tell me if there is any issues.

Corruption also works on traders but you'll have to scuttle their wagons because it seems that caravans are actually led by donkeys and not the way around.

About summoning

Summoning is also included but disabled... If you feel lucky, open the enitity_slaver_succubus.txt file in the raw and, at the bottom, add a '[' to the line mentioning a summoning portal. Be warned however that summoned beast goes hostile when you reload your save. I am still working on this bug before considering this ready for a release.

There is also a few other changes: new castes for masterwork df races, and a doubled ratio of incubi. There is now 20% of males in the race now.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Download on dffd
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:05:25 am by Boltgun »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2015, 04:00:58 am »

What's the best way to get  sieges now?
Does the "force siege EVIL" script work? (Snatched from here)

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] [40.24] Succubus civ 11.0 - "Why deny your heart desires?"
« Reply #344 on: February 10, 2015, 10:37:45 am »

I found an modtools/force addCivAttack command in the scripts, I'll test it tonight but I think it's just a port without much effect.

Otherwise a hunter found 3 fishermen on the map. 2 humans and one dwarf. Not soldiers, they were just fishermen who were trying to go through the place unnoticed. I was too surprised to backup the save, what those 3 stooges were doing there?

Edit: Perhaps they were necromancers, I cage trap'd an undead siege once year prior.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:21:35 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42