Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224457 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Status report: I enabled the dfhack workshops and most of those are working. The magma well, teleport portails are working, and you can still brew magma.

Summoning requires an update and corruption might be horribly broken, so those are next.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Update 14.0

So I have been playing with the premade build. Starting from PeridexisErrant's cutting edge pack I added a 24px version of the Phoebus tileset, also with higher res sprite, all done in waifu2x. Thanks to twbt, you get a clean and small text areas, along with a closer look on the field, and you can zoom out if you want to. It really looks good, and you can still move it back into curses if you wish a classic experience.

As a bonus, I added Smoip's rendition of the music. I have been dying to do this from a long time as the chiptune remake of the ingame music fits the theme well with it's energy and complex instruments.

I'd like to include a 24px obsidian too, but the workshop look weird as they keep displaying Phoebus tiles, I need to fine a way to update the ground in either way.

Anyway, dfhack alpha is also included. A it will remind you ingame, it is unstable so by default seasonal saves with backup are active, along with initial save. I did not experience corruption myself but you are never too safe.

With dfhack, everything else came back. Summoning is working again, same with teleportation, magma spawning and brewing. Corruption seems to work too, but I cannot guarantee what will happen if you corrupt bards of mercenaries, the game will probably collapse on itself.

Anyway as it is, it is back to its 0.40 state, but with all the new features of DF. Yay!

Edit: I'll update to df 42.06 asap.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Downloads
Windows build, unpack and enjoy
Standalone patch
Github mirror

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:07:27 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV][42.06] Succubus Dungeon 14.1 - Now with more chaos.
« Reply #422 on: March 07, 2016, 04:19:42 am »

Update 14.1

The windows build is updated to 0.42.06. I did get a crash or two, but no save corruption. As a cautionary measure, I activated initial save, seasonal save and backups.

For this reason the game will look terrible when you first embark, but do not worry. The game is simply writing the initial save. TWBT will sort the graphics as soon as it's done.

Otherwise, it fixes the export values bug and this is a big deal.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Downloads
Windows build, unpack and enjoy
Standalone patch
Github mirror
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:24:56 am by Boltgun »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] Succubus Dungeon 14.1 - Now with more chaos.
« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »

I don't know if this matters, but the DFFD description still says that it's built for 0.42.03 starter pack. Or using it? I don't know. Whatever.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2016, 02:32:08 am »

I don't know if this matters, but the DFFD description still says that it's built for 0.42.03 starter pack. Or using it? I don't know. Whatever.

It meant that I used it to assemble the windows build, otherwise it has no effect besides giving credits where it's due.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2016, 12:32:57 pm »

Are fire imps supposed to only cost 1 at embark?

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2016, 10:21:00 pm »

Unless I am missing something, the succubus are unable to press paper from slurry at the screw press, which kind of curtails their aspirations of having a library full of sappy romance novels.

Perhaps I am wrong, somehow my total writing material count is rising. I don't suppose they automatically screwpress slurry into paper and I am just not watching close enough?

Nope, I am sure now. Succubus have no idea how to make paper, only parchment. All writing in a succubus fort for shall be made on the skin of dead animals.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:18:39 am by cerevox »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:09 am »

Are fire imps supposed to only cost 1 at embark?

Yes and no, it's a bug from vanilla but I'll include a cost at the next update.

Nope, I am sure now. Succubus have no idea how to make paper, only parchment. All writing in a succubus fort for shall be made on the skin of dead animals.

That's the spirit.  :P

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 12, 2016, 05:02:33 pm »

A small question: Can Succubi colonize Evil biomes in fortress mode without consequence?

Thanks in advance!

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 12, 2016, 06:08:01 pm »

A small question: Can Succubi colonize Evil biomes in fortress mode without consequence?

Thanks in advance!
At one point there was a plant to have their animals need evil grass for grazing, but I don't think this is implemented.

The undead will still attack you, and evil clouds will still clobber your day over its unsuspecting head. I don't recall if the foul rains affect them.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2016, 02:41:02 am »

Thanks in advance!
At one point there was a plant to have their animals need evil grass for grazing, but I don't think this is implemented.

The undead will still attack you, and evil clouds will still clobber your day over its unsuspecting head. I don't recall if the foul rains affect them.

So far there is plants that boost the succubi when brewed in evil biomes, but the clouds and undead effect generated upon world creation will always be bad for you.

So for now it's marginally better but I need to go and create more helpful clouds for you.

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2016, 12:17:43 pm »

Thanks in advance!

Another thing: What is that tile set in the picture in the first post?

So far there is plants that boost the succubi when brewed in evil biomes, but the clouds and undead effect generated upon world creation will always be bad for you.

So for now it's marginally better but I need to go and create more helpful clouds for you.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2016, 02:03:27 pm »

Another thing: What is that tile set in the picture in the first post?

That's Obsidian: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126934.0

Kuschelflummi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nekos Geschichtenkörbchen
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2016, 03:33:39 am »

How about some sort of biome corruption. Make this nice elven forest a place of lustful evil *snickers* :3

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2016, 10:42:40 am »

How about some sort of biome corruption. Make this nice elven forest a place of lustful evil *snickers* :3

That's the plan, I'd like the succubi to turn a mundane biome slowly into an evil one the more people you have and the more magic you do inside. Over time you'll have wormy tendril coming up from the ground and the forest would be a nice shade of purple on the world map.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42