Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 226516 times)

Jokaste

• Bay Watcher
  • hOI!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] Succubus Dungeon 14.1 - Now with more chaos.
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2016, 04:16:11 pm »

Would you mind terribly if I used your Lua scripts for my own mod, specifically the ones for summoning a creature? I would greatly appreciate it! :) (And of course, I will credit you!)

Edit: Actually, scratch that for now, I've realized how much there is to making a creature from a reaction haha. I've got a lot of learning ahead of me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:45:38 pm by Jokaste »

Kuschelflummi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nekos Geschichtenkörbchen
« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2016, 01:42:03 am »

That's the plan, I'd like the succubi to turn a mundane biome slowly into an evil one the more people you have and the more magic you do inside. Over time you'll have wormy tendril coming up from the ground and the forest would be a nice shade of purple on the world map.

Uh, looking foward to it! Can't wait to see the succubi tend to their tentacle gardens ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2016, 02:32:20 am »

Would you mind terribly if I used your Lua scripts for my own mod, specifically the ones for summoning a creature? I would greatly appreciate it! :) (And of course, I will credit you!)

Edit: Actually, scratch that for now, I've realized how much there is to making a creature from a reaction haha. I've got a lot of learning ahead of me.

Any script used in the mod are free to use.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 17, 2016, 08:46:33 pm »

Okay, ran into a strange little FPS bug. I took the 14.1 standalone patch and dropped it into the 0.42.06-r02 PeridexisErrant's starter pack.

FPS falls to about 70 when I am looking at surface, then rises back to 80 and locks there. If my screen is pointed at blank underground space, it snaps back to 100 fps. When i look at heavily mined out floors, FPS suffers a few points but does eventually recover, only dropping to 90 or so before heading back to 100.

Anyone else getting this?

Edit: On another FPS issue, all the imps, decay brutes and frog demons are showing up as not-quite-citizens. I can't assign them labors or military tasks, but I also can't butcher them like I can pets. I can assign them to pastures, cages and chains though. This means they tend to breed out of control unless I round them up and have a big drowning party. The frog demons in paticular, since they seem to have clutches of multiple babies at once.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:40:10 pm by cerevox »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2016, 02:11:25 am »

Not-quite-citizen happens to intelligent pets, I don't recall added sentience to them but DF may have changed this rule recently. I'll double check.

Perhaps the fps issue is caused by differences in sprite sizes (they are 24x24 while the starter pack uses 16x16). I'll produce smaller sprites for the standalone patch so you can see if this improves this.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2016, 08:41:18 pm »

I tried different print modes as well, and none of them seemed to matter. The issue has grown progressively worse. When I look blank, unexplored and undug ground, my FPS stays at 95+. Even looking at a few dozen tiles dug out, empty of everything, causes FPS to plummet to 60. Looking at anything more interesting than a walled off hallway drops it to 40. I suspect it isn't the sprites, since I don't need a succubus or pet on screen to cause the FPS drop.

Its probably a bad interaction somewhere in the DFhack graphics modifier, although that is a pretty out-there conjecture.

Kuschelflummi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nekos Geschichtenkörbchen
« Reply #441 on: April 19, 2016, 12:59:12 am »

Oh, btw... there seems to be a keybinding Problem with the version. Lots of key weren't set.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 19, 2016, 10:22:10 am »

Not-quite-citizen happens to intelligent pets, I don't recall added sentience to them but DF may have changed this rule recently. I'll double check.
It's from 0.42.x. Intelligent pets are now treated as semi-citizens and can do (some, at least) labours if they got natural skill in them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 19, 2016, 11:03:32 am »

It's from 0.42.x. Intelligent pets are now treated as semi-citizens and can do (some, at least) labours if they got natural skill in them.
This sounds cool, but I've yet to experience this. I don't know if it applies to any of the Succubus specific pets. They show up on Therapist with the hauling labors enabled, but I've never actually seen them do anything.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 19, 2016, 05:57:08 pm »

Pets that can haul would be awesome, but like you said, I have yet to them actually do anything other than breed.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 20, 2016, 02:52:29 am »

Awesome, I can add pets that helps with specific jobs. They need to be unable to reproduce however.

Projectmayhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:01 pm »

First post in a long time. Don't wanna be douche but your mod isn't working for me. Keeps crashing no matter how many worlds i generate or how many forts i start. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Just wanna play it. Was sick in masterwork.

Edit: Dont wan't to come off as an ass. Probably my mistake. Just not sure what i'm doing wrong.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:43:57 pm by Projectmayhem »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 20, 2016, 10:26:17 pm »

Pets that can haul would be awesome, but like you said, I have yet to them actually do anything other than breed.

They can haul if they have grasping parts.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 21, 2016, 04:45:29 am »

First post in a long time. Don't wanna be douche but your mod isn't working for me. Keeps crashing no matter how many worlds i generate or how many forts i start. Not sure what i'm doing wrong. Just wanna play it. Was sick in masterwork.

Edit: Dont wan't to come off as an ass. Probably my mistake. Just not sure what i'm doing wrong.

it's alright, what's your version of windows?

It is likely the fault of the tools used. They were in the alpha during last release and I will make a more stable build in a day of two max.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 26, 2016, 02:52:56 am »

a day of two max.

Okay maybe I need a few more days. With the release of a stable dfhack, I am testing the scripts to make sure that they work as expected.

Meanwhile stygian bronze is coming back (renamed octobronze) along with a new metal: afelsteel. The former is the same lighter version of bronze for good armors, while the later is a very heavy version of steel. There is still some balancing work to do with them.

You cannot make them at the forges yet, but you can buy bars from the caravans. Metal corruption will require some more features that goes beyond the scope of the next update.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42