Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 225955 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [2.1] - Beasts from below
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:00 am »

There will be more creatures to summon in the next version.

Balance wise I assumed that dwarves have a better industry and that steel is their racial perk. Perhaps I'll add a special metal but I'll try to not make it better then what exist today, to keep dwarven sieges and adamantine as game objectives.

Until then I have fixed a several bugs and added sprites. I have a strange behavior with some summoning jobs. Nightmares became available after I bought blood from the caravan, but the summoner picked a barrel of lye in the process.

The naming issue on the world map may be because DF pick the race name and add an upper case on the first letter. I will rebuild the language and perhaps look for a new race name after the bug fixing.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [2.2] - Beasts from below
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 05:02:23 am »

Update 2.2 !

You can update your saves by dropping the raws in your data/save/<save folder>/raw folder.
More info about updating your saves or generating a new world here.

Summoning should be reliable now, I hope. If you order a summoning job and you don't have the expected results, tell me and I'll look into it further.

Here are the changes :
- Fixed the blood and ichor based reagents.
- Nahashes will no longer die of thirst.
- Reduced the number of eggs a nahash can produce.
- Raised the grazer value of nightmares so they survive with less grass.
- Summoning a creature will transform all wisps in a range of 5, regardless of the line of sight.
- Increased the transformation timing of the summoning jobs.
- Sprite update : Added metal workers, engineers, stone workers and animal caretaker.

Enjoy !
Download

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 11:50:38 pm »

The lust demons seem to be very concerned about their lack of clothing.

Seems to be a very odd concern, for lust demons. Maybe they should not get unhappy thoughts from lack of clothing?

(Happened to me. The civilization my expedition was part of had discovered no clothes. They had armour, but I'll be damned if I can get up an armor-making industry in about 3 months until everyone starts going crazy from lack of clothes.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:29:22 am by Iazo »

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:58 am »

Interesting mod. I'm looking forward to clothing and amor update to see what you will come up with  :D

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 05:17:57 am »

The lust demons seem to be very concerned about their lack of clothing.

Seems to be a very odd concern, for lust demons. Maybe they should not get unhappy thoughts from lack of clothing?

(Happened to me. The civilization my expedition was part of had discovered no clothes. They had armour, but I'll be damned if I can get up an armor-making industry in about 3 months until everyone starts going crazy from lack of clothes.)

I tried to remove the bad thoughts but I have not been successful so far. I guess that Dwarf Fortress make no compromise with clothing. If your citizen can equip clothes, they'll get negative thoughts if they are naked. I'll try again at the next game update, but until then they'll suffer from an inferiority complex toward those who can afford clothes.

It is strange that you had no clothing choice, however. I will enforce a few items to ensure you have what you need.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 06:01:01 am »

Yeah, I've double checked. At the very least, next try, I'll embark with a bunch of leather (or trolls...(?)...supposedly I can bring trolls along for 1 point/troll, huh.), as to make armor for my dwarv...err... succubae. I suppose one could make a persuasive argument for why succubae would want to wear leather armour.

Also, while you're at it, make sure that you allow anvils (iron anvils at least). My civilization has no anvils, which actually makes it terrible to start up with (and I could not play long enough to see whether caravans will bring me anvils.)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 06:20:47 am »

Now this is weird because I am sure that iron anvils should be available, I will test on a fresh install and make sure everything is in order.

Did you generate a world on the standard settings ?

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 06:48:00 am »

Err...no. I am using the mod called Accelerated Modest DF 1.1, which makes DF run faster, by consolidating food, tree types, and so on, without all the things Masterwork brings.

I suppose it is possible that it messes up your mod, but I am technically challenged as is, without playing DF on a fresh install without crutches.

HOWEVER: I did generate the world with the very lowest metal abundance settings. This might be it? Maybe the civilizations had no access to iron, at all? I will check in the evening when I have time. It makes sense, actually. (I tend to play only on all kinds of self-imposed challenges.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:54:55 am by Iazo »

Knightl

• Bay Watcher
  • Slightly mad- A happy mad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 06:48:35 am »

I recently downloaded your mod and have started a fortress, I have a wonderful military, (My military kissed a FB to death!)

I was able to start with an anvil (iron) so it must not be a common bug.

I was wondering, what is the lifespan, Strengths, Weaknesses and helpful little tips I should know.

Extremely rarely, you'll see peasants without a bed or booze achieve it, because their life is shit.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 07:22:52 am »

Err...no. I am using the mod called Accelerated Modest DF 1.1, which makes DF run faster, by consolidating food, tree types, and so on, without all the things Masterwork brings.

I suppose it is possible that it messes up your mod, but I am technically challenged as is, without playing DF on a fresh install without crutches.

HOWEVER: I did generate the world with the very lowest metal abundance settings. This might be it? Maybe the civilizations had no access to iron, at all? I will check in the evening when I have time. It makes sense, actually. (I tend to play only on all kinds of self-imposed challenges.)

The low mineral setting probably prevented the civ from accessing iron, perhaps dwarves in this world suffer the same issues.
I had a look at the accelerated mod, and indeed it removes the clothes used by the succubi. So I made pants, cloaks and shoes common for them until specific clothing is introduced for them.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 09:18:06 am »

No acess to iron is not a big problem for dwarf civs, because they get accesss to steel anvils whetuer they have iron or not. This does not happen with succubae, since they do not get access to steel...at all.

So! What to do then?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 09:39:41 am »

Accelerated modest mod seem to prevent access to iron too but by pasting a couple of lines, everything goes back to normal.

To fix that,  open the entity_fooccubus.txt file in your raw/object folder and paste this at the end :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After creating a new world, you'll have clothes and steel anvils to play with.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 09:43:24 am »

[ITEMS_ANVIL] to the metals [BRONZE] or failing that [COPPER] could work, and preserve Dwarves being the happy ones with steel. This would be a bit unbalancing with having copper anvils, the bronze ones could be okay. Most civs I found still have access to bronze, even with scarce mineral settings. A reaction to produce an anvil out of two boulders of rock could do the job as well.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 10:42:31 am »

You are right. I have never seen a civ ever not having access to bronze...and actually, quite often, bismuth bronze too.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 10:56:16 am »

A fun thing to do as well is give [ITEMS_ARMOR] [ITEMS_WEAPON] [ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED] [ITEMS_AMMO] and [ITEMS_DIGGER] to BLACK_BRONZE, more options for weapons and having a force decked out in dark armor is both visually appealing and thematically works with this mod in several ways. After all who wouldn't want demons and the like prancing about in dark/black armor. Every fantasy cliche near demands it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42