Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 225859 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] Succubus Dungeon 14.1 - Now with more chaos.
« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2016, 07:58:26 pm »

Ohhhh, nice to hear. It is always a little sad that all my succubi end up in iron or bronze armor with silver whips, or other strange combos, since otherwise I end up drowning in copper.

Also, asking a little about future plans, any designs on new designated locations, assuming they are modable yet?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 28, 2016, 09:59:44 am »

Ohhhh, nice to hear. It is always a little sad that all my succubi end up in iron or bronze armor with silver whips, or other strange combos, since otherwise I end up drowning in copper.

Also, asking a little about future plans, any designs on new designated locations, assuming they are modable yet?

Yes, I do not intend to allow the level of quality dwarves enjoy with steel but corruption should spread to items and metals.

For the future, the first thing I want to do is to finish magic. I can get the succubi to learn to throw fireball or teleport themselves, but a bug does not let them know about their new capabilities and so they never use them.

Once I can get this done, you should have a set of options to upgrade your fighters or civilians with. I should have an altar allowing your civilians to support your troops outside too.

By the way, how stressed are your succubi? Because every time I play they romance each other into ecstasy. This makes sense but I wonder if I made stress too easy to manage in comparison to dwarves.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 28, 2016, 07:23:22 pm »

I haven't had a succubus ever pitch a fit or throw a tantrum, and a few of my forts have been quite bloody. On the flip side, I am getting much the same experience with regular dwarves as well, so it could just be the new stress system allows people to chill out too well.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 28, 2016, 08:46:30 pm »

I've heard from one person that they've had incredible amounts of trouble handling stress in the new system, but that was some singular random person that is going against literally everybody else that has tried specifically to cause dwarves to go insane and been completely unable to. I think it's just the new system.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Kuschelflummi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Nekos Geschichtenkörbchen
« Reply #454 on: April 29, 2016, 03:30:24 am »

By the way, how stressed are your succubi? Because every time I play they romance each other into ecstasy. This makes sense but I wonder if I made stress too easy to manage in comparison to dwarves.
Demons of Lust don't get stressed! They just suffer from love withdrawal :P

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »

Update 14.2

If you are getting crashes, this update should solve it. DFhack has been updated to the stable version and two new metals has been introduced.
- Stygium aka Stygian Bronze: Very lightweight bronze
- Afelsteel: Very heavy steel.

You can't make these metal yet, but those are only available through embark and trading. It will ensure that you can buy an anvil even if the succubus did not find iron through bad luck. In a future update, you will be able to transmute bronze and looted steel into those new metals.

Also I made dwarves unplayable out of the box, so you no longer have to fiddle with the embark screen to verify what race you selected.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Downloads
Windows build, unpack and enjoy
Standalone patch
Github mirror

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] Succubus Dungeon 14.3 - Now with more chaos.
« Reply #456 on: June 12, 2016, 10:49:10 am »

Update 14.3

This update features a few import from masterwork, allowing to make weapons and armor out of glass or gems. You can also make carpets or start fires, or make tablets and slips for your librairies.

Frog demons are now fully intelligent. They can join the military if they are led by a succubus, dig, chop down trees and maybe perform other labors. Out of a freak accident, one even because the leader of the fort. While they learn military skill at a normal rate, they'll rarely go beyond novice in any other skills so they cannot fully replace your succubi.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Downloads
Windows build, unpack and enjoy
Standalone patch
Github mirror

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: [42.06] Succubus Dungeon 14.2 - Now with more chaos.
« Reply #457 on: July 21, 2016, 10:58:21 am »

Is this version compatible with 43.05?  Thinking of trying it out as an addition to my non-Masterwork install.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2016, 11:10:16 am »

Is this version compatible with 43.05?  Thinking of trying it out as an addition to my non-Masterwork install.

It should be for 43.03. In 43.05 the basic stuff will work but not spawning magma or summoning monsters.

Zanara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2016, 03:35:40 pm »

Having a bit of an odd problem with this. I can't seem to make a wood burning furnace... which means I can't make ash or coke. Which means I can't make soap or fuel furnaces without magma. I read way back that tentacle monsters apparently can be milked for slime that makes soap without lye (which needs ash), but the soap-maker's workshop doesn't have that as an option.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2016, 06:05:48 am »

Having a bit of an odd problem with this. I can't seem to make a wood burning furnace... which means I can't make ash or coke. Which means I can't make soap or fuel furnaces without magma. I read way back that tentacle monsters apparently can be milked for slime that makes soap without lye (which needs ash), but the soap-maker's workshop doesn't have that as an option.

If you cannot build the wood furnace, you can get free coke by selecting your smelter and finding the 'heat up the forges' job. It should be into the non-magma forge too.

You cannot get free soaps out of tentacle monsters anymore but their slime is a substitute for oil, so with this and some ash you can get your soap without bothering with lye or pressing.

The crematory will let you burn vermin remains for ash, so getting a few nahash will get your soap industry started.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2016, 03:29:28 pm »

Could you please make a Zip file version for those who don't have 7Z openers for whatever reason, possibly?

(Not for me, mind you, I have a 7z opener. Also, Nice that the full version includes everything we need, but you can get the standalone if you want to)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:51:06 pm by ReynTheLord »
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.0 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2016, 04:04:58 pm »

Update 5.0 - Enthralling

This update requires a new world gen and will provide the deep succubi with much needed features.

It introduces new purposes for caged prisoners. Both civs have access to a specific building that allow them to turn nearby prisoners to their side.
In order to turn prisoners, you need to build a den of iniquity or a torture chamber and install their cage within line of sight. This behavior is similar to summoning, except using the caged invaders instead of soul wisps.

The deep succubi variant is more powerful as it will also transform them into succubi half breeds! This is critical for them as they do not get migrants after the initial two waves.
* Humans and elf become cambions : They are more enduring and have a better animal training skill.
* Dwarves become devils : They can enter martial trances and have good mechanics skill, but the are shorter.
* Goblins become hellions : They are more enduring and do not need to eat or drink.
* Kobolds become imps : They are unfortunately small but are great at dodging and using knives.
* Transformed enemies act like fort members and are ready to perform the usual jobs.
* Be warned that they are likely to complain about duty, and you will need clothing for them. Make sure you do not transform more prisoners that you can handle.

The deep succubi have also access to a new building : The Altar of nightmares. They will use it to affect their cult's environment, and its first job is to provoke random sieges. This can be useful to increase your numbers from the first year. The civilization that will attack you is random, allowing access to good metals with luck.

Other changes :
* A new summon for the deep succubi : Sothoth spawns. They can turn themselves invisible and their slime will turn their enemies crazy. They provide nothing when butchered.
* 2 new plants for evil biomes, block roses (surface) and blood worms (underground). Those plants have no specific purpose yet but can be brewed
* Regular succubi (I will call them royalists from now on) now exclusively use nightmares for pulling and mounting, goblin may also use those if they find them during world gen.
* Added slave, prisoner, whipper and thief sprites.
* Gave the deep succubi a blue background to distinguish them from royalists, this is temporary until they get their own graphics.
* Enhanced descriptions with hair styles, incubi will also grow beards if they want to.
* Cleaned up some raw, removed the duped fire imp as the summoning now use the vanilla creature.

Download

Did you just make "Reversed Shin Megami Tensei Fortress?"

Also, For the conversion, I've had hard times caging people. That's meant for invasions, not "Hey, lets take people from around the world into our "Tavern" To be converted!"... Which I did, Honestly

Funny enough, they are changed, I just can't seem to control them. Eh, it's kinda fun.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:16:42 pm by ReynTheLord »
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

gabix

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 11, 2016, 01:28:06 pm »

Hi, first post on forum! ...and first of all, GREAT MOD (I'm playing it through Masterworks).

In any case, I'M HERE TO COMPLAIN!!
I embarked with a bunch of Gremlins, found out that they could carry and build stuff so I said: "SLAVES, WEEEEE". Everything went well until I built a tavern. Those freaking fellas are spending all their time socializing, listening to poetry, singing and else. Who do this little buggers think they are, why aren't my succubus whipping them back to work!??!!
Now I have a big den with a hospital full of thirsty succubus injured by mining and stuff of life accidents, and none are working on my well, witch Armok told them to build on the center of the not yet roofed part of the pit, and with frozen water one z below it.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 12, 2016, 09:29:32 am »

Obviously, after the gremlins trashed your tavern, the succubi joined the party and stopped listening to you.

But not all is lost. If you can build a den of iniquity in the middle of the tavern, wait for victims visitors to come in and you can get instant workers.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42