Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224456 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Succubus Dungeon 16.3 - Altar of sin
« Reply #540 on: May 02, 2019, 10:46:28 am »

How to start with this mod ? I tried to use the normal dwarf starter strategy and I ended with my succs dying due thirst

You should be able to survive with plain water or alcohol. I think you might be able to get through with a normal strategy except without steel making. In doubt, you'll have what you need if you use "Play now".

So does the version bundled with the latest MDF release still have the broken summoning circle? If so, is there anyway to update the succubus section of MDF without breaking everything?

The MDF version is probably outdated but the latest version has its own issues as well. If you feel adventurous, you can get the standalone version and check the raw/scripts folder and drop its content into MDF's raw/script folder.

Unfortunately I am too Busy With Life (tm) to focus on this, but I'd like to take out summoning and corruption, or at least revert it back to what is was when I first started, because it did not break every df update back then.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Succubus Dungeon 16.4 - Altar of sin
« Reply #541 on: May 19, 2019, 09:07:53 am »

Bugfixes !

Update 16.4

Not a lot of exciting stuff going on there, except everything made to work with the latest dfhack and that pesky performance issue being fixed.

Corruption and summoning should work okay but if you have trouble, send me your save as usual and I'll fix that asap.

Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)

Windows build
Standalone patch
Github page including Meph tileset version

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2019, 06:41:14 pm »

Need help, bug preventing me from unlocking industry.

3 seperate worlds, 3 seperate fresh installs, all different saves.
and yet when I put my magma smelter, forge, glass, underworld drill, anything I could think of over magma to, as the guide states "unlock most of your industry"

im stuck, it doesnt unlock even though I have everything properly done. I dont have the well of soul, or most of the rituals, or most of anything advanced for succubi fortresses that make them, well, special.

most of the furnaces and workshops this mod offers just aren't available to me, following the Masterwork DF guide for succubus, I dont see most/any of these.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5irt462t3briohz/region2-00137-04-01.zip?dl=0
my save. if there's another, more accurate guide then I would love to see that one. but it seems that succubi are completely halted to a stop and there's no online resources that I found to help me.

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 29, 2019, 07:09:10 pm »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2019, 02:12:43 pm »

Hey, the wording was bad. There is no tiered unlock in the industry, but rather you need to generate magma to make use of your workshops. So you already did everything right.

I'll change the help file so it's more clear.

JasperTheUpset

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 01, 2019, 01:10:36 am »

So the more magma i generate, the more industry I unlock?

Because I know the furnaces and what-not work just fine with magma, but like I said I dont have access to the well of soul or any rituals or anything like that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Succubus Dungeon 16.3 - Altar of sin
« Reply #546 on: June 02, 2019, 01:33:13 am »

On another news, I tried adding naughty descriptors like in the old days but I realized that it appear on children too. It's like babies coming into the world with beards, except it's not beards... back to the drawing board.

You could try using the timer triggers associated with graying hair in vanilla humans, maybe? So it doesn't start until after adulthood. At least, it should work for color modifier descriptions.

A syndrome relying on the Milk_counter counter trigger should be able to to apply changes to body parts only after adulthood, since only adult creatures can be milked. It would require each caste of a creature to have some milkable product though? Also weird, but possible. The syndrome could be triggered by a on-greeting interaction that can't target already affected, thus would be run once per individual.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 01:42:23 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 02, 2019, 04:08:40 pm »

So the more magma i generate, the more industry I unlock?

Because I know the furnaces and what-not work just fine with magma, but like I said I dont have access to the well of soul or any rituals or anything like that.

The well of souls and some of the rituals are disabled for now so this is the best possible for this edition.
On a side note, the magma well broke in the last version. I'll get a fix asap.

On another news, I tried adding naughty descriptors like in the old days but I realized that it appear on children too. It's like babies coming into the world with beards, except it's not beards... back to the drawing board.

You could try using the timer triggers associated with graying hair in vanilla humans, maybe? So it doesn't start until after adulthood. At least, it should work for color modifier descriptions.

A syndrome relying on the Milk_counter counter trigger should be able to to apply changes to body parts only after adulthood, since only adult creatures can be milked. It would require each caste of a creature to have some milkable product though? Also weird, but possible. The syndrome could be triggered by a on-greeting interaction that can't target already affected, thus would be run once per individual.

The milk counter is interesting. With a script behind this I can edit the descriptors with a bunch of random rolls.

Timer and growth seems to behave strangely, it seems to only apply on descriptors that as already added and does not seem to allow hiding and showing over time. And even when they work, they seem to apply uniformly for everyone. I did not try everything yet however.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 03, 2019, 10:30:26 pm »

Oh yeah! That's why vanilla humanoids have tooth length defined; its used by the vampire interaction syndrome upon sucking blood.

You could double-up on the syndrome, repeating the body part modifier effect, with each repetition having a probability of not taking effect. That should randomize, to a degree, which description the size of the part lands on. I don't know if each repetition will be cumulative, like 0+10+10+10=30, or if only the most recent/first applied modifier takes effect like with transformations. If the latter, each effect should have a different strength, and a low probability of occuring. Maybe with one guaranteed to occur, whether first or last, depending on and inverse to if the game takes only the first or last into account. That's the science-y bit you have to work out...

To be fair, I dont recall anyone having tried to do this before.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 04, 2019, 02:37:45 pm »

I'll try this, descriptors like this are actually difficult to test as you need to find creatures of various ages "in the wild" and the arena does not allow to test much beside the most generic case.

Anyway I fixed the magma well:

Update 16.5
No changelog this time as the magma well is the only thing fixed here. Magma is too important to wait for me to get more work done. You can even keep you fort by squashing the raw folder inside your save with the one in the base df folder.

Windows build
Standalone patch

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Succubus Dungeon 16.5 - Altar of sin
« Reply #550 on: June 05, 2019, 05:59:32 pm »

You can always keep it simple and just ignore the fact youths have the same adult descriptors. I had a two month old child become aroused after witnessing ribald poetry, so it's not like you'd be the only one that can be called out for being lazy/not considering every case :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Jed De Lagged

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 10, 2019, 04:36:36 am »

Hey Boltgun, thanks for your work on this mod.

I got two technical questions, if you could lend sixty seconds to them that'd be awesome.

1. I always insert the whole of Mephs 32x tileset when I play, and I don't *seem* to be having any problems (DFHack gives no errors), but I want to run past you what I do just in case I'm doing something super wrong and I don't realise.

Unzip your Windows Build
Separately unzip your Standalone Build
Separately unzip Meph's barebones
Overwrite all data\art with Meph's in your Windows Build (and stick in my own font.png)
Overwrite data\init\init.txt with Meph's.
Insert the contents of Meph's data\init\overrides.txt above the one in your Windows Build and Save
Insert the contents of Meph's raw\onLoad.init above the one in your Windows Build and Save
Copy Meph's raw\rendermax.lua to your Windows Build
Copy Meph's raw\graphics to your Windows Build (No overwrites! Easy and safe!)
Overwrite all raw\objects with Meph's in your Windows Build (**This is where I'm concerned about issues**)
Copy your Standalone\Extra\Meph contents to your Windows Build\raw\graphics, overwriting duplicates (as you're supposed to do)

Now, I was hesitant about the raw\objects copy, but when comparing file sizes, Meph's was always larger and I figured that this meant it contained what you had, plus more. Also, it looked like you (intelligently) separated the succubus things into their separate objects, and when I play like this, I don't seem to have any problems with workshops or objects or anything. Also... there's so many items I was just too lazy to append Meph's files to yours...
If you know that doing the above will DEFINITELY cause issues, that's what I'd like to know. I'm going to try playing with copying Meph's raw\objects WITHOUT overwrites, because of the next question...

2. The game keeps crashing at random...

I know! I know, I know, this is something plagued by all DF players (I've given up on Masterwork because of this) and I'm not looking for an answer, what I'm looking for is debug help. When the game just quits, there's no error log or anything, I've got nothing to work with to try and find out WHY it crashed.
If you're able to give me some debug tips, like making it output a verbose error log somewhere (errorlog.txt is never helpful), either from DF or DFHack, or maybe it outputs an error log somewhere I'm not familiar with like %appdata%... right now, when the game just quits and I lose hours it makes me sad...

Have a succubus jpg for your trouble.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:32:37 am by Jed De Lagged »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 13, 2019, 09:27:01 am »

Hey Boltgun, thanks for your work on this mod.

I got two technical questions, if you could lend sixty seconds to them that'd be awesome.

1. I always insert the whole of Mephs 32x tileset when I play, and I don't *seem* to be having any problems (DFHack gives no errors), but I want to run past you what I do just in case I'm doing something super wrong and I don't realise.
[...]

Hello, for a quick answer for your first question: If you drop Meph's into the windows build, you probably break a few dfhack scripts. So I made a package for Meph's tileset. Here's a direct link.

To install it :
* Unzip Meph's full tileset
* Unzip the df-succubus-meph archive
* Drop the df-succubus-meph into Meph's Dwarf Fortress folder, overwrite everything

You might have less crashes. That said, Meph also use some CPU intensive scripts so who know... Dfhack writes into stdout.txt and stderr.txt so you might have clues there as well, but df itself unfortunately do not write out error reports when it crashes afaik.

Thank you for the picture, I'll check it later because I am at work and the management is nice, but not that nice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #553 on: July 19, 2019, 03:31:36 am »

I'm so looking forward to a non-crash-prone graphical version...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 23, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »

Ok this is driving me crazy
I’ve got the magma well built
And I can’t get anyone to use it

I’ve turned on alchemy, furnace operating, and wood burning, and every other vaguely fire and magma related job I can think of

And I still have idlers while the magma well is sitting here unused with a high priority command.

What am I missing?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 42