Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 226253 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Succubus Dungeon 16.5 - Altar of sin
« Reply #555 on: July 24, 2019, 04:02:42 am »

Ok this is driving me crazy
I’ve got the magma well built
And I can’t get anyone to use it

I’ve turned on alchemy, furnace operating, and wood burning, and every other vaguely fire and magma related job I can think of

And I still have idlers while the magma well is sitting here unused with a high priority command.

What am I missing?

Did you try pump operating? The related skill should be displayed at the bottom of job descriptions. Otherwise if you set up burrows it might prevent them to reach the well too.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 25, 2019, 02:48:26 pm »

It was pump operation
I forgot that was even a thing since I never use it
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 14, 2019, 01:33:05 pm »

Ok i seem to be having a bit of trouble with the Den of iniquity.

This is the third time ive had to use DF hack to kill the game, following running the Corruption interaction.
Why?

Because every time I run it, my whole fort seems to spontaneously turn on each other.

Now full disclosure, I have been fiddling with DFhack and using Makeown on things like trolls and Trogldytes, since I thought that turning them would be something Sucubi would do if they could.

but I dont think that should be causing mass chaos following a corruption reaction down the line.

Edit: I should note it dosent happen all the time, but it seems to happen more often then not.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:36:46 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 19, 2019, 11:38:17 am »

Ok i seem to be having a bit of trouble with the Den of iniquity.

This is the third time ive had to use DF hack to kill the game, following running the Corruption interaction.
Why?

Because every time I run it, my whole fort seems to spontaneously turn on each other.

Now full disclosure, I have been fiddling with DFhack and using Makeown on things like trolls and Trogldytes, since I thought that turning them would be something Sucubi would do if they could.

but I dont think that should be causing mass chaos following a corruption reaction down the line.

Edit: I should note it dosent happen all the time, but it seems to happen more often then not.

Makeown is problematic because there is now a lot of things in DF that track sides and allegiances and not all of them has been identified by the DFHack team. The best test would be to isolate those Troglodites somewhere safe, then save. If the newly corrupted then turn on each other, or against your fort, zip the save and send it to me so I can examinate what variable I missed.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 07, 2020, 05:18:05 pm »

Are you going to update the mod for the new release?
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2020, 08:37:18 am »

Are you going to update the mod for the new release?

Sorry for the super late reply. I intend to update it after I get some time off other projects. The biggest roadblock is that the defining features of the mod (summoning and corruption) gets more broken at each release and I need a solid solution.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 28, 2020, 10:58:36 am »

Converted the civ to 0.47. So far so good except that the worldgen crash for Dark Fort civs with positions is back so until then I am using mountainhomes.

Also succubi gotta be succubi:

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 28, 2020, 04:24:17 pm »

Whats about adding sweet-smokes?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 29, 2020, 04:49:51 am »

Whats about adding sweet-smokes?

As in smoking ? It's not planned yet but drugs can be a thing at least for meals.

Interactions has so many new things! Crashy scripts was the roadblock so far but those can be replaced with native effects that do not even need dfhack.

Edit: So I may still need to have a hacky makeown for corruption.

Also in anticipation of the Steam release I'm updating the 32 pixel tileset taking Meph's work as a base. Here's a preview, new version is at the top and Meph's at the bottom.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:06:36 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 05, 2020, 04:01:04 pm »

Update 17.0

The mod is updated to DF 0.47.04. There is a couple of standing issue, most notably that the world gen crash for Dark Fort civs is back and i have to switch the gears into mountainhomes again.

Otherwise, like every time I come back after a hiatus I removed a few items that no one seemed to ever find. Such as the "heat up the forge" action buried in the smelter, or stone slips that were to replace books. The "water drawing" effect have been removed from the glass maker too, so it work like any magma workshop.

Enjoy !

Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)

Windows build
Standalone patch
Github page including Meph tileset version

vnneetguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Succubus Dungeon 17.0 - Now with multi lovers support
« Reply #565 on: May 07, 2020, 11:07:19 am »

This race is too OP, they can be considered as world ender (as far as i experienced)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2020, 02:51:49 pm »

This race is too OP, they can be considered as world ender (as far as i experienced)

In which aspect in particular? Do they conquer everything in world gen? What they used to do until now is fight a lot but never with the needed numbers to hold large parts of the world.

16thOverlord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 12, 2020, 02:15:31 am »

Hey, i couldnt get the magma well work, when the work is completed the lava dosnt spawn and produces an error in df hack. ive re downloaded a couple times so i think its because of the 47. update

if you cant reproduce it just let me know.  :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 12, 2020, 03:34:06 am »

Hey, i couldnt get the magma well work, when the work is completed the lava dosnt spawn and produces an error in df hack. ive re downloaded a couple times so i think its because of the 47. update

if you cant reproduce it just let me know.  :)

It seems that last versions of dfhack or newb packs are not running initialization as we'd expect.

On your side you can type base/roses-init in dfhack before running the magma well. I'll move that into another place to fix this.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 19, 2020, 08:15:42 am »

I'm exploring the new features from 0.47. The mod has several powers that can be moved into the new interactions effects, unfortunately I cannot get rid of the script behind the summoning portal (yet) because I cannot make someone run an interaction after running a workshop reaction like I could in the earlier versions of DF but there is plenty of healing, item creation and temporary monster creation that can be added to make powers stronger.

Also we now have proper Pain Elementals and Lost Souls, directly from Doom. Maybe I can have lost souls raise a corpse to complete the cycle?

And I also continued work on the larger sprites, what I'm looking for is a proper base body to put clothes on. I might have to iterate more as we need pictures that do not clash too much with the future Steam sprites. What do you think of this?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42