Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224488 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
[50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:05:22 am »

Steam Workshop
Classic version
0.47 Old Windows build, unpack and enjoy

Succubus Dungeon is a mod for vanilla Dwarf Fortress featuring a new evil race.

Features
  • Lead greedy, lazy, prideful, anger prone, envious, depraved demons to world domination.
  • Heavy female to male ratio lead to little birth, no config file manipulation needed
  • Generate slade and build an authentic spire
  • Fast and creative citizens
  • Poor armor choice and absence of steel making
  • Summon pets out of thin air (disabled till dfhack is ready)
  • Corrupt citizens from other civilizations! (disabled till dfhack is ready)

FAQ
* How to I chose my civ?
Press the Civilzation button on the embark screen.

* I get messages about pets being kidnapped after trading!
It's a bug related to baby snatchers. This have no consequences to you and you can safely ignore this message.

* I have 'smoke' or other weird boulders.
You have temperature disabled. This is required by the mod. If you have a configuration tool for your game, you can try enabling it with it, otherwise you can edit your d_init.txt file. Here's how to do it.

* There is a bug, what do I do?
Report bugs and general problem in this thread. If you have a github account, you can also post issues there. Uploading a save to dffd is also helpful.

Credits
This mod has been developed thanks to many contributions from the Bay12Games community.

Assets

License
Graphics in this mod are based on and referenced from the vanilla premium tileset, which belong to Bay 12 Games & Kitfox Games.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, PO Box 1866, Mountain View, CA 94042, USA.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 03:21:27 pm by Boltgun »

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [1.0] - Harbinger of FUN
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 02:46:28 am »

So what You're saying is, that there's a possibility of my Adventurer wandering into a dungeon full of Succubus to procreate kill?
Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 03:20:31 am »

They get in war so much with humans you probably find some in towns to recruit. Dungeons will wait for the next df when all settlements will be generated.

Forget about anything nasty. They have a migraine right now, and that make them pretty angry.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 03:24:08 am »

There are already dungeons under temples, and if your succubi are like goblins, they will appear there as bandits.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 03:35:45 am »

They have a high banditry but no LOCAL_BANDITRY to keep you hands free in adv mode.
I found several of them in sewers already and one at the head of a bandit camp. I'm not very good as an adv but I only tried kicker + biter to test hooves and poison, my latest inccubus archer tend to survive better so I'll do more exploration.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:54:54 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 04:52:19 am »

Updated the sprites for version 1.1 : Download
- Added basic sprites for fishery worker and medical jobs, that will cover all the basic fortress jobs.
- Took out dummies and palettes from the set.
- Made a few sprites slightly lighter so they are less of a pain to read.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:47:38 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Succubus civ [1.1] - Dwarves sieging riding giant mouses
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 12:41:14 pm »

suggestion: use cave_adapt triggers to give succubi bonus when staying underground, und negative effects when they have to go outside.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 05:45:38 am »

suggestion: use cave_adapt triggers to give succubi bonus when staying underground, und negative effects when they have to go outside.

I did search for such triggers, looks like I will be able to add nice bonus for cave adaption. I added this to the roadmap along with new powers.
I suppose it requires the CAVE_ADAPT tag to the creature tag. I read on the wiki it gives bonuses to dwarves but I never knew which ones besides vomit.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 08:58:18 pm »

Looks like a promising and fun project. I miss having some fun evil civs to play around with (either being generally dark and twisted or just affably evil, both are just as entertaining). Have you thought of adding interactions (magics, abilities, curses, plagues, ect) to some beasts/materials and some more interesting ways to conquer or create challenges?

Have you tried looking at the old Dark Dwarves mod for giving your succubi interesting personalities to deal with? I remember the Gnoll mod you had to struggle actually getting your lazy gnolls to complete tasks while the Dark Dwarves required some interesting juggling: they were initially mentally tougher than their non-twisted cousins but once they snapped, they broke utterly. Having a veteran survive years of conflict and death till his lost kitten was killed in some plumbing and then going berserk in the ready room was an... illuminating... way to learn about air locks and tiered defenses. I never did find one of the squaddy's arms afterwards.

Have fun modding, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 01:56:51 pm »

Looks like a promising and fun project. I miss having some fun evil civs to play around with (either being generally dark and twisted or just affably evil, both are just as entertaining). Have you thought of adding interactions (magics, abilities, curses, plagues, ect) to some beasts/materials and some more interesting ways to conquer or create challenges?

Have you tried looking at the old Dark Dwarves mod for giving your succubi interesting personalities to deal with? I remember the Gnoll mod you had to struggle actually getting your lazy gnolls to complete tasks while the Dark Dwarves required some interesting juggling: they were initially mentally tougher than their non-twisted cousins but once they snapped, they broke utterly. Having a veteran survive years of conflict and death till his lost kitten was killed in some plumbing and then going berserk in the ready room was an... illuminating... way to learn about air locks and tiered defenses. I never did find one of the squaddy's arms afterwards.

Have fun modding, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with!

Thank you, I will have a look at these mods for more ideas.
I have just ironed out issues (like hooves not healing leaving succubi in a bed for their whole life) and made a few cosmetic changes. Now I have the entity and creature right, it is time to move on serious business.

So summoning is next, I will use dfhack if I can but in case of trouble I will try a fallback based on eggs.
I am sure I will need dfhack at some point so might as well add it early.

Army masters are added too  :)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [1.2] - Less moral, more deadly
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:30 pm »

Yeah... DFhack will probably be necessary for summoning live creatures. You can use reactions to summon vermin, though, if I remember correctly... so you could potentially create "vermin" creatures that are set up to never naturally spawn, and have the same stats as whatever creature you're trying to summon, and workaround like that.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »

Yeah... DFhack will probably be necessary for summoning live creatures. You can use reactions to summon vermin, though, if I remember correctly... so you could potentially create "vermin" creatures that are set up to never naturally spawn, and have the same stats as whatever creature you're trying to summon, and workaround like that.

The problem with that is that the creatures in question will always be classified as vermin. But IIRC there's a script which will allow you to spawn creatures somewhere, I'd have to find it again though :/

Anyways, if you're doing creature summons for getting special animals, I must request you include some form of suicide bomber imps which will explode themselves in combat. It would certainly lead to much Fun when a baby snatcher is caught in your main dining hall.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 06:39:29 am »

The problem with that is that the creatures in question will always be classified as vermin. But IIRC there's a script which will allow you to spawn creatures somewhere, I'd have to find it again though :/

Anyways, if you're doing creature summons for getting special animals, I must request you include some form of suicide bomber imps which will explode themselves in combat. It would certainly lead to much Fun when a baby snatcher is caught in your main dining hall.

This gives me an idea from a cthulhu game I played recently. Along with your creature, summoning will randomly spawn vermins that will go for food stockpile and annoy your succubi to an extent. Nothing that will damage your fort but you will have to be prepared to handle these intruders.

I can see what would happen with exploding imps when pastured outside : "An abumsh! BOOM!". That will definitely be in.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [1.3] - Less moral, more deadly
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »

Good to see another update, read some of the road map things and it makes me think of Dungeon Keeper a bit. Speaking of which you could always give the succubi/incubi/tentacle monsters a "slap" or "menace" interaction to temporarily speed up or increase the dutifulness traits temporarily. DFhack can't let you spawn a hand to persuade your more foolish,lazy, or distracted citizens to do what you told them... yet.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [1.3] - Less moral, more deadly
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 09:29:45 am »

We can have a creature spreading an enhancing 'slap' syndrome. Ideally you could have an interaction that nobles uses automatically to cancel breaks, leaders having to push their lazy peons back to work would be interesting. And that would make nobles... useful? Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to add interaction to nobility (I can use castes but that would be a job for positions).

Otherwise that could be an use for a summoned creature, like tentacle monsters being a tool for keeping your citizens safe and productive.  ;)

But first things first, I got a summoning circle working and basic reactions. Now for the hard part, I need creatures out of this at least in a wild state. Ideally they'd be tame out of the box but if I encounter bugs, I'll let animal trainers finish the job.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42